image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 111.
#951 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

24 sucks!
there, fixed pinside for ya.

Hah! Forgot he did 24. Man does that game need some better rules. In terms of layout, it's cool, but it's right up there with CSI as a awesome looking game with nothing after the multiballs.

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

A typical MMR thread goes like this. PPS releases facts and a discussion is started. People who are either malicious or know about a tenth of what they think they do start chiming in with accusations, lies, incorrect information, whatever you want to call it.
This turns into PPS trying to clear things up while being accused of all kinds of crazy and outlandish things in the process.

Sorry, you are really exagerating here. The main reason PPS has to "clear things up" is that Rick isn't usually very forthcoming in the first place. Look back at recent threads - instead of contributing early on and answering questions in a straight forward manner, he waits until the incorrect info and speculation has taken over and then, maybe, chimes in. But he seems to take an unusual pleasure in shooting the messenger or trying to margainilize people that are asking ? he doesn't want to answer (exhibit one right here).

The ultimate example is how he handled the whole coin mech issue - HE brought up the point that started the whole thing BEFORE people started asking the questions he ignored. (The whole "our research shows few want/need the mechs" thread). That started the "if true, than why not ..." questions that a number of folks brought forward before I ever got interested.

There are dozens of reasonable questions/concerns/issues that have been ignored or given some flippant answer when people are just looking for a fair discussion. Yes, there are trolls and always will be, but in general the signal to noise ratio has gone way up.

Rick doesn't like Pinside because he can't control the message or discussion. Ignoring people with questions, blaming me, trolls or whatever is just making excuses for unprofessional and borderline juvenile behavior. But until there are more people willing to speak up when it happens, nothing is going to change.

#953 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Rick doesn't like Pinside because he can't control the message or discussion. Ignoring people with questions, blaming me, trolls or whatever is just making excuses for unprofessional and borderline juvenile behavior. But until there are more people willing to speak up when it happens, nothing is going to change.

I believe that there are many people who do speak up about issues and concerns. This forum is filled with people who are upset with the poor communication from PPS, the lack of code updates from Stern and the years of missed deadlines and broken promises from JJP. The problem is that it is all just conjecture. The only real way to bring about change is to stop buying the games that these guys are building until they address the concerns of their customers in a meaningful way. But that is likely to never happen because everyone in this hobby is so hellbent on having the next thing that they are willing to put up with the BS.

#954 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

This forum is filled with people who are upset with the poor communication from PPS, the lack of code updates from Stern and the years of missed deadlines and broken promises from JJP.

Fairly accurate summary. Just add Skit-B regarding communication...

#955 9 years ago

I dunno man. I've been on the PPS forums, they seem pretty professional to me. Maybe it's not a Rick thing but a Pinside thing...

You are 100% right, Rick doesn't like Pinside because he can't control the message or discussion. It must be frustrating not being able to control messages of misinformation and lies and the discussions that come as a result of that misinformation.

Quoted from jfh:

I actually hear what you're saying. He hasn't answered every question, but in about 24 hours the game is going to be on public display.... again. At this point, anyone that wants a refund could probably get one pretty easily, I know two people who had life changes force them to. And yes, one of these guys was a JJP customer.

Does it really matter what Rick has to say when the games are about the speak for themselves at a point in time when people can still get refunds?

#956 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My guess is that's not very good for business.

Not good for business is getting into a war of words with people that are giving their opinions as though they are facts. It comes across as unprofessional and validates the opinion of the clueless. That was my only point. I think you should give people a little more credit for being able to separate the beef from the bull. Of course, if you think any publicity is good publicity, be my guest.

#957 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I dunno man. I've been on the PPS forums, they seem pretty professional to me. Maybe it's not a Rick thing ...

I'm pretty sure it is a Rick thing. And there's almost nothing on the PPS forum - you can't even begin to compare it to Pinside.

Quoted from jalpert:

Does it really matter what Rick has to say when the games are about the speak for themselves at a point in time when people can still get refunds?

At this point, not so much. MMR should all be over in a couple months. But it looks like some are going to keep continuing defending Rick's poor and disrespectful communication practices and apparent disdain for his customer base longer than that ...

#958 9 years ago

Wow if you are so certain and know it all, maybe you should start building pinball machines and then you can respond to all the distain created by others and see what it feels like to be cut up by people who want to see you fail?

If Rick didn't respond at all you would still be crybabing. No one says Rick has to comment on here or anywhere else but he does take an interest in PINBALL and his business.

Quoted from jfh:

I'm pretty sure it is a Rick thing. And there's almost nothing on the PPS forum - you can't even begin to compare it to Pinside.

At this point, not so much. MMR should all be over in a couple months. But it looks like some are going to keep continuing defending Rick's poor and disrespectful communication practices and apparent disdain for his customer base longer than that ...

#959 9 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

Wow if you are so certain and know it all

If I knew it all I wouldn't have any questions, would I?

I don't build pinball machines, but I've run a political action committee and a political campaign in addition to being the customer liaison for a major software product and the technical marketing lead for very high end consulting services among other things that require dealing with people that have a lot of questions and very little patience.

#960 9 years ago

Oh, political experience............ now I see what your issue is.................

Your thumbs down on my post above says it ALL. So back at ya.........

And kudos on the one's below...............

Quoted from jfh:

If I knew it all I wouldn't have any questions, would I?
I don't build pinball machines, but I've run a political action committee and a political campaign in addition to being the customer liaison for a major software product and the technical marketing lead for very high end consulting services among other things that require dealing with people that have a lot of questions and very little patience, so I think I can speak from experience.

#961 9 years ago

I believe it's finally time for a parody account! #pms

#962 9 years ago
Quoted from PMS:

Time for the Moderator to now lock this thread.

#963 9 years ago

I am still not over the coin mech issue, Rick.

You never offered a solution, but just a nebulous statement that your 'survey' said most of us wouldn't have need for them anyway. I was never surveyed. If it is just a $7 item (probably $4 to you), then why not agree to thrown them in to those of us who want them? Can't cost PPS THAT much! Plus, for the price I paid for the pin, I believe I have already BOUGHT them.

This apparently seems very trivial to you, but to me, if my pin comes without them, that's my last purchase from you.

I don't know you, never seen you, you may be a real nice person to associate with, but all I can evaluate is this 'cheap trick' and your sarcasm towards those of us who protested.

I am pretty damned old and own several businesses. My years of experience coupled with the image you create tells me you are not very appreciative of your customers. I can 'feel' it. So far, you have not proved me wrong. My conclusion of your personality controls my buying habits.

I paid in full back in July to JJP. I doubt if I will cancel. But I can't forget this. Your demeanor makes me believe you are not in control of this project but just the 'front man'. So, who is REALLY 'behind the curtain' running the show?

Mike in Kentucky

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from PMS:

If you think this is so funny and needed tell us what your true Pinside name is and own it.

#965 9 years ago

Pretty obvious to me, jfh!

Quoted from 1967Firebird:

If you think this is so funny and needed tell us what your true Pinside name is and own it.

#966 9 years ago

I don't say much,quietly waiting for my MMR that was paid in full back in july.I'm not complaining because I completely understand delays in the real world.But I recently heard of delays because of software issues ? Is there any reason as to why as customers we just don't get an email or something?
Or am I asking for too much ? At least Jack @ JJP kept in contact before I got my Woz.And I do want coin mechs !

#967 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

But I recently heard of delays because of software issues

Where did you hear this ?

Your post is the first I've seen and as far as I know not what the hold up is.

LTG : )

#968 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I don't say much,quietly waiting for my MMR that was paid in full back in july.I'm not complaining because I completely understand delays in the real world.But I recently heard of delays because of software issues ? Is there any reason as to why as customers we just don't get an email or something?
Or am I asking for too much ? At least Jack @ JJP kept in contact before I got my Woz.And I do want coin mechs !

If you're looking for info there's an update every Monday on the PPS forums for MMR customers.

#969 9 years ago

Sounds like you heard a pile of bullshit. The games will be out in public today, so I guess you'll know for sure. But the software was completed a LONG time ago, plus they had all this extra time with the UL process. If anything, it's the opposite, the software should be much better than it would have been. Assuming they've taken this time to do additional tweaking.

Quoted from whitey:

But I recently heard of delays because of software issues ?

#970 9 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

Pretty obvious to me, jfh!

You are pretty obviously wrong. Wasn't me. I don't need to hide behind an ID with no location or user info.

#971 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I recently heard of delays because of software issues ?

Irresponsible of you to state this without providing some substance and source.

#972 9 years ago

Just thought I'd let you know if you don't know already.
Bakaushan a fellow pinsider will be broadcasting live from Expo 2014 via ustream.
He will be covering PPS at 1:00 pm Friday.
Here is the link:
CHANNEL LINK - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Have a nice day!

#973 9 years ago

The Stern factory tour is pretty soon... It'll be interesting to see what type of presence MMR has on it.

#974 9 years ago

Just got an email from a buddy at the expo who did the stern tour. He said he saw MMR on the line there, but no pics allowed

#975 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Just got an email from a buddy at the expo who did the stern tour. He said he saw MMR on the line there, but no pics allowed

:O

#976 9 years ago

come on MIZ ZOU - tell your buddy we need pics

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Really? You need better friends.

IMG_20141016_110118966.jpgIMG_20141016_110118966.jpg
#979 9 years ago

amazing to see it actually happening!

#980 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_20141016_110118966.jpg 183 KB

Mmmmm. Thanks for the tease! Can't wait til mine ships!

#981 9 years ago

I love the fact that they have the Stern metal leg protectors on the cab.

#982 9 years ago

A big thumbs up for RobT.
Great undercover work!

#983 9 years ago

Just left Stern, the MMR line being set up at Stern was very cool to see ! The finished games also look amazing. : )

#984 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

A big thumbs up for RobT.
Great undercover work!

Just for clarification, I'm not there. Got that from a friend who is.

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just left Stern, the MMR line being set up at Stern was very cool to see ! The finished games also look amazing. : )

Second that. They look super shiny. I'm re-thinking my decision not to get a new one.

The Expo program all but confirms that AFM and MB are next.

#986 9 years ago

I still have MMR LE's available if anyone's looking. Email me at [email protected]. We are a PPS distributor.

Joe Newhart
570-357-0042

#987 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just for clarification, I'm not there. Got that from a friend who is.

Thanks for the clarification.
A big thumbs up for your friend then!

#988 9 years ago

I really think it's close. A little UL red tape aside, all indications are that it's ready to go.

#989 9 years ago

Holy shit! People are going to scramble. So beautiful !! The finished games, the line ready and all those new shiny parts !

#990 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cool pic. I'd love to see the whole process.

#991 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The first relevant post in the whole thread.

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's a thing of beauty!

#993 9 years ago
#994 9 years ago

GAWD that looks good.
Start button is centered
Leg protectors built into the cab's like sterns....
SWEET!

#995 9 years ago

Good to see something coming out of the Stern tour. It's not earth shattering news, but it gives us an idea of how close production is. Great pic, Rob.

Randy

#996 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

GAWD that looks good.
Start button is centered
SWEET!

haha, the start button was the first thing I noticed!

#997 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha, the start button was the first thing I noticed!

I can barley see it! You guys must have huge monitors?

#998 9 years ago
Quoted from WNflyer:

Good to see something coming out of the Stern tour. It's not earth shattering news, but it gives us an idea of how close production is. Great pic, Rob.
Randy

Thanks Randy!

#999 9 years ago

Good to see that a decaled cabinet alone can get people excited. Were some of you guys expecting a flat finish on the decals or what? Just looks like a newly decaled cabinet to me (as I would expect it to look).

#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

GAWD that looks good.
Start button is centered
SWEET!

Not to be negative but it still looks off centered to me. Looks a bit too close to the coin door but the angle is pretty harsh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.