Topic Stats

• 5,504 posts
  • 428 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 306 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MMR-BlackA.jpg
adams3.jpg
image.jpg
IMG951691.jpg
Stern_Kiss_update.jpg
the big lebowski In-N-Out Burger.jpg
IMAG5605.jpg
vacation (1).JPG
image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 111.
#5451 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i would add TAF (yes, i know, licensing), TZ, TOM, IJ, TOTAN, and WH2O, although not quite at MMR's price point. maybe even secondary titles like Scared Stiff, if they really get the remake process refined and streamlined.

I already have all the old games. I think they should do RZr. You know, Rob Zombie remake. This way they will be ready to crank them out after Spooky finishes the 300 they are doing.

#5452 3 years ago

There is room for a $2,500 Centaur, Fathom or EBD

No cranky actor's likenesses on any of those.

#5453 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That'd be awesome, but hard to imagine they could turn a profit on $2,500 NIB games today, even accounting for the simpler builds on early SS games.

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That'd be awesome, but hard to imagine they could turn a profit on $2,500 NIB games today, even accounting for the simpler builds on early SS games.

Stern had no problem selling The Pin for $2500 delivered and turning a profit.

Those Classic Bally are much simpler games.

#5455 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

absolutely. i'd be in on that in a heartbeat. i just doubt a game can be built for anything near that -- look at Big Juicy Melons. [edit: oops, fosaisu beat me to it this time]

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

look at Big Juicy Melons.

Looks great to me.

Don't confuse the selling price with the cost to make a game.

A **LE** does not cost $3,000 more to make than a PRO does. A hundred dollars difference in the BOM, yet selling for thousands more = a nice profit center for Stern.

#5457 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

From talking to people I suspect that the price would have be closer to $4k for titles like that to actually work.

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Pinball Arcade got the TAF license recently, but had to change the art to modify likenesses of Fester and Pugsly because the actors were playing hardball. So I imagine a similar deal could be worked to make a physical table, but there's the question of whether buyers would be put off by the art changes moreso than they were with a virtual table.

I'm sure a physical machine's translite with 2 of the original dudes' faces being replaced with others (Rick and Doug's maybe?) is going to go over real well. We're talking about a community that sh!ts all over a game that has a shield start button off by 3 millimeters. I think PPS/CGC would run from that project on that alone rather than face the constant complaints of the translite faces not being as close to the original as possible.

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

From talking to people I suspect that the price would have be closer to $4k for titles like that to actually work.

I'd consider a new EBD at that price. I'm guessing they can make it work using a Beaglebone Black.....( know nothing about that platform).

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

The whole trick is making enough of anything to bring the price down.

You can laser cut one pop bracket and have it bent for $7, or you can run 1000 of them and they are .38 cents each.

That is why The Pin has all standard pops, flippers, slingshots....cheaper to use the commercial grade stuff Stern is making by the 50,000s than to make some new, low volume "lesser quality" part.

The first SS pins cost less than their EM counterparts to make, yet the pinball companies got to raise their prices for the novelty of something new.

The same thing with video cameras. The early DV cameras cost less to make than the analog tape cameras that came before them, but the companies got to charge more because the consumers were wowed by **digital**.

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

I'm sure a physical machine's translite with 2 of the original dudes' faces being replaced with others (Rick and Doug's maybe?) is going to go over real well. We're talking about a community that sh!ts all over a game that has a shield start button off by 3 millimeters. I think PPS/CGC would run from that project on that alone rather than face the constant complaints of the translite faces not being as close to the original as possible.

If it was just the translite might not be the end of the world (wouldn't be too hard to find/make a bootleg replacement with the original art), though I do like your idea of Rick's face being added! But I think they also changed the playfield on Pinball Arcade. Again, not a huge deal on a $5 virtual table but many of us might not be keen on it on a real machine, and certainly not something that's easily modded to match the original.

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But I think they also changed the playfield on Pinball Arcade. Again, not a huge deal on a $5 virtual table but many of us might not be keen on it on a real machine, and certainly not something that's easily modded to match the original.

If you were sending the playfield out for a "serious" clearcoat, the faces could easily be restored in about 10 minutes.

#5465 3 years ago

Everything in the bottom of the cabinet except the chime unit could probably be replaced with a Raspberry Pi and a simple driver board. Would not sound the same without the score motor chatter.

#5467 3 years ago

So, an MP3 player with relay noises? That's a slippery slope. Next thing you know the knocker gets pulled and you have to listen to some annoying ERRK sound.

#5469 3 years ago

EMs should just stay EMs.

No sense in making something into something it's not.

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If it was just the translite might not be the end of the world (wouldn't be too hard to find/make a bootleg replacement with the original art), though I do like your idea of Rick's face being added! But I think they also changed the playfield on Pinball Arcade. Again, not a huge deal on a $5 virtual table but many of us might not be keen on it on a real machine, and certainly not something that's easily modded to match the original.

Ahh that's right. Translite easily swapped. Playfield, not so much.

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

EMs should just stay EMs.
No sense in making something into something it's not.

I guess this thread went to EMr

I don't get inside EMs as often as I use to. I always love it and think about the designers and how stuff like this will never be made again.

#5473 3 years ago

If you haven't seen the digital Pinball Arcade version here's a quick comparison of the face change. Notice how the nose and features have been tweaked so it can't be said it's the actor anymore.

adams3.jpg

#5474 3 years ago

This is somewhat of an update. A friend of mine got his Stainless steel pin from automated early last week. I played it over the weekend. It is sweet (not as sweet as his BIBLE though, ha). The LEDs in it look great. The game feels really solid. The only issue with it I had was the Merlin's magic hole. The ball flies out the back of it far too often, making starting multiballs very difficult.

#5475 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The ball flies out the back of it far too often, making starting multiballs very difficult.

I have the same issue, and also saw it on another MMR.

I suspect it is because the flippers are stronger than original, combined with super smooth playfield and it is creating a ricochet from the speed of the ball. So either the metal will need to be tweaked around the hole, or some deadening tape or something added to absorb the energy.

#5476 3 years ago

The only issue with it I had was the Merlin's magic hole. The ball flies out the back of it far too often, making starting multiballs very difficult.

This happens on originals as well, but you guys might be right that it's way more common on nice games with strong flippers.

#5477 3 years ago

The ball flies out the back of it far too often, making starting multiballs very difficult.

that is accurate to the original. Most original owners like to put a piece of drop dead foam at back of merlin scoop to decrease this.

That said, once you get into the game a little more you will be happy with accidental shots not cashing in at merlin when you were not ready to do so.

#5478 3 years ago

Ok, if this is accurate to original I will leave it be. Thanks.

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If you get an excessive amount of bang thoughs then just a small piece of foam where the ball strikes will improve it and cause more to stay in. It really is preference.

When I had an original I put on some foam after doing a flipper rebuild becaus an on the fly shot banged through over 50% of the time and it was frustrating. From craddle they always stuck nicely.

I also ended up putting the cliffy and mantis protectors on the Merlin and those seemsed to help.

#5480 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I looked at old RGP posts and people always complained about this on the original. One of the solutions someone posted is to lower the VUK assembly by putting a few washers between the assembly & the playfield when screwing it back in. This lowers the metal arch that the ball hits, which does a better job of guiding the ball into the saucer. I tried this, and it works pretty well! Still get a few bounce outs but most shots go right into the saucer.

2 months later
#5481 3 years ago

Uh oh...what has been in production the last few days.... it does exist

MMR-BlackA.jpg

#5482 3 years ago

Holy Crap, they do exist! That one better be mine, I should be getting my shipping notice from Pinball Sales in 3,2,1.....

#5483 3 years ago

Black Midieval madness? Is that a data east ?

#5484 3 years ago

Yeah. Just not digging the black on this game.

#5485 3 years ago

Thats ok you can buy two other color choices .

#5486 3 years ago

Dam I should've ordered black looks Awesome!!

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Uh oh...what has been in production the last few days.... it does exist
MMR-BlackA.jpg

Start button even looks centered!!

#5488 3 years ago

I think the black looks very classy & slick on MM, especially how it blends into the cabinet art's dark edges. That said, I don't want to deal with potential chipping, so I went with good ol' stainless.

#5489 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwhiz70:

Good eye! The start and launch both look centered, makes you wonder if they've run a new set of front decals with the alignment fixed.

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwhiz70:

I think that's the angle playing tricks on you. Look at the length of the line in the crest on the left & right sides of the button. Still just as off as it was.

#5491 3 years ago

The black looks cool. I waffled between black and stainless and choose stainless thankfully. Game plays great! Can't wait to see those black trims in action. Come on DMD colorization upgrade...

#5492 3 years ago

At this point I'd take blue legs off an old road show !

#5493 3 years ago

Games coming ! Along with xmas n 2016

#5494 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Games coming ! Along with xmas n 2016

I hope so, anxious for the game I ordered at expo 2 years ago. I wanted as close to original as possible, so I ordered stainless. I love to be first, but also enjoy the perks of later, as the bugs get worked out.

1 month later
#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If this was a report card I think we know where the clear A student is and whom will be going to detention.

I this ^were a report card^, I think we know ^who ^would be receiving an F in grammar.

#5496 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Thats ok you can buy two other color choices .

Been there, done that

1 week later
#5497 3 years ago

No updates from PPS ? Pretty quiet out there

#5498 3 years ago

Australian Games ship tomorrow

1 week later
#5499 3 years ago

Any news on UK-bound games?

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Any news on UK-bound games?

Early Jan a little bird told me, but I'm not holding my breath as blue really is not my colour....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, TX
$ 89.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 26.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 50.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Boards
PinSound
$ 16.00
There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 111.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside