image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 111.
#4951 9 years ago
#4952 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i want my MMRLE !

Is this game not delivered yet??

DSC_0080.JPGDSC_0080.JPG

#4953 9 years ago
Quoted from lynn32839:

As Pinside is my only source of the "latest news"...has anyone received their MMr or is there any updates on deliveries?

All the REAL information gets posted on the private PPS forum. PLENTY of info over there. Or you could just call Rick.

#4954 9 years ago

Page 100 coming soon? I can't wait!

#4955 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Page 100 coming soon? I can't wait!

Here!

#4956 9 years ago

One hundred pages and still no game.

#4957 9 years ago

There was some sort of shipping problem alluded to, but no details here or on PPS forum - anyone have any first hand knowledge or communication about the details?

#4958 9 years ago

Wwe Les are not Movjng either . Stand still at stern right now with both games leaving next week

#4959 9 years ago

Except MMR isn't shipping from Stern, but CGC.

#4960 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

91 pages on Hobbit Update . Still no game. It's delayed another 3 months!
S!#t happens!

#4961 9 years ago

saw a flurry of activity on this thread....just came in to confirm nothing has happened....again.

#4962 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

i wonder if there's a page to game release factor?

#4963 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

saw a flurry of activity on this thread....just came in to confirm nothing has happened....again.

Me too will check back page 102

#4964 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There was some sort of shipping problem alluded to, but no details here or on PPS forum - anyone have any first hand knowledge or communication about the details?

Here's the latest from early this week.

There was an issue at CGC with packaging – the original cardboard
ordered was too flimsy, so new packaging was ordered, and arrived at CGC
yesterday.

At this point, we are still waiting on the word from CGC that the games
are ready for pickup, so that we can actually schedule a truck, and are
both sorry and upset about the fact that we are still unable to ship your
game.

As soon as we schedule a truck, we will contact you to let you know that
things are actually moving.

Again, we are very sorry for the delay.

Just thought I'd share,

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#4965 9 years ago

next excuse or poor planning event will be the truck will have a flat tire, it ran out of gas, or the driver got lost, etc.......shipping soon.

#4966 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Meh...

There's another thread that had 30 or 40 pages and they might not even have a LICENSE.

#4967 9 years ago

And they are just discovering now that what they ordered for cardboard is too thin? Geesh, what's next.

#4968 9 years ago

The original cardboard was too flimsy!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#4969 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

The original cardboard was too flimsy!
image.jpg

Vonnie D released some pics?

#4970 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here's the latest from early this week.
There was an issue at CGC with packaging – the original cardboard
ordered was too flimsy, so new packaging was ordered, and arrived at CGC
yesterday.
At this point, we are still waiting on the word from CGC that the games
are ready for pickup, so that we can actually schedule a truck, and are
both sorry and upset about the fact that we are still unable to ship your
game.
As soon as we schedule a truck, we will contact you to let you know that
things are actually moving.
Again, we are very sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the detail.

It is just absolutely stunning how many project management failures this project has had so far. It's like packing and shipping the games were an afterthought.

#4971 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

And they are just discovering now that what they ordered for cardboard is too thin? Geesh, what's next.

Fortunately there aren't many things left to screw up.

Imagine how much worse it would have been if Rick "I'm a project management expert" wasn't in charge...

#4972 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for the detail.
It is just absolutely stunning how many project management failures this project has had so far. It's like packing and shipping the games were an afterthought.

Thin cardboard at the last minute is pretty amazing...how does that happen?? Oh well, this must be the last piece to this puzzle!

#4973 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fortunately there aren't many things left to screw up.
Imagine how much worse it would have been if Rick "I'm a project management expert" wasn't in charge...

We still need to see if the staples for the boxes will hold up, and then the straps and palates. Only a few more steps left before they need to gas up those trucks.

#4974 9 years ago

Crybabies out in full force this Saturday, yeesh

#4975 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thin cardboard at the last minute is pretty amazing...how does that happen?? Oh well, this must be the last piece to this puzzle!

Trying to get by with the cheapest they can then realize they should of just paid thr extra few bucks to get the normal packaging. So ended up costing double in the end ? That be my guess

#4976 9 years ago

I hope the staples are RohS COmpliaNt. They better remember to use heat treated wood for the skids.

#4977 9 years ago
#4978 9 years ago

I took the 30 seconds to become a forum member at planetary:

Sorry for the delay, I was out for the week on personal travel stuff ...

So, MMR's were stuck for the last week but I am assured by CGC and also have some similar indication from Stern that they are going out Mon/Tues.

The reasons were a few:
- In packaging the Stern guys felt that a couple of harnesses were 'tight' when packaging and 'could' present a snag issue, so they recommended that some cable clamps be repositioned to eliminate that issue - so that was done on the games that were assembled.
- Additionally, one of the switches which had been upgraded per request from UL had different sized quick connects (the smaller) and the harness had the larger, so the correct connectors were switched.
- There was also an issue with the cardboard, it was felt that the cardboard came in too 'dry' or thin (of all things) - it was die cut correctly, etc - so that took a couple of days to get fixed - new cardboard is in and fine (I confirmed this with Stern)

So, CGC last night indicated that they've shipped one, and are putting the first 10 games in the box on Mon/Tues, and there are about 56 in various stages on the line and in test (at least 12 were fully tested on top of the 10 already done) ... so this week.

Oy.

rick

#4979 9 years ago

WOW what a journey, the curse of MM

#4980 9 years ago

It'll get done.

#4981 9 years ago

Funny/sad that a UL issue was still in play so many months later, but it sounds like some lucky MMR owners will actually get to unbox and play their games before TPF!

Let's just hope that April 1st is uneventful ...

#4982 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Funny/sad that a UL issue was still in play so many months later, but it sounds like some lucky MMR owners will actually get to unbox and play their games before TPF!
Let's just hope that April 1st is uneventful ...

I got to say that the level of quality review is making me feel better about my purchase. How much manufacturing experience do you have? You certainly act like you have none. I would rather see delays early versus issues being discovered in the home.

#4983 9 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

I got to say that the level of quality review is making me feel better about my purchase. How much manufacturing experience do you have? You certainly act like you have none. I would rather see delays early versus issues being discovered in the home.

If it is taking this long to catch this stuff after a beta test in Chicago Barcades; imagine what they didn't catch and what the purchasers of the games may have to deal with. One positive is that virtually all of the CG MM machines are pinheads who know how to repair machines and will have no trouble installing parts and fixes that become available. This was not the case with a certain % of WoZ buyers who required technical help.

#4984 9 years ago

there's a far cry from HUO and active play in a barcade. If you really want to stress test a new machine set it up in a active enviroment. let any weakness get shaken out. then review the design. as for the recent catches those are on par for where they are at in the production cycle. Their basically finding and looking for issues in the production / assembly process and identifying possible issues in the packaging dept. They also caught that issue with the UL, all of this is pretty standard (within reason, in many companies that aren't electronics you might see an issue with paint interaction problems or possibly chemical property issues with final production ect ect, the point is that often times little gremlins arise in production that can't always be accounted for)

#4985 9 years ago

So I am left wondering, how can the cardboard box be an issue?? Wouldn't they just use a similar supplier to Stern and JJP??????

#4986 9 years ago

believe it or not a lot of design work goes into packaging. While I'm sure they went with their known supplier that doesn't mean that every set of products ordered would just be used without checking that order to make sure it conforms within the design parameters, structural rigidity ect ect, it sounds like they probably got their first order in and whomever is in charge of that dept took a few samples to test and saw and issue.

#4987 9 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

How much manufacturing experience do you have?

Apparently far more than some of the folks involved with MMR. I'm sure you don't care, but - Directly - 3 years. Indirectly - about 11.

If the UL requirements were known months before production started, incorrect connectors never should have been in games just built a few weeks ago.

I agree with you that it's better to find problems before the games are in homes. My point is good project management would have prevented this particular problem far earlier in the cycle and at significantly less cost (orders of magnitude) to CG. This wasn't a tweak on the production line. And the cardboard thing was just amateur hour.

#4988 9 years ago

PPS has just announced that after some testing, their VP of Shipping Tape has suddenly found a problem with the tape (1 more week)

tape-guy-1.jpgtape-guy-1.jpg

#4989 9 years ago

If any paid in full MMr owners are absolutely fed up and want out my modestly modded ACDC premium is available for a straight up trade. Ill pay to ship my game to you.

#4990 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If any paid in full MMr owners are absolutely fed up and want out my modestly modded ACDC premium is available for a straight up trade. Ill pay to ship my game to you.

lol

#4991 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They should just cancel their orders altogether...then they wouldn't have to waste time on the internet complaining.

#4992 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So I am left wondering, how can the cardboard box be an issue?? Wouldn't they just use a similar supplier to Stern and JJP??????

No idea what exactly happened. CGC makes and ships games. They ordered boxes. They get a pallet of flat cardboard boxes.

May have been a mistake in ordering, or on the supplier end.

And when they cut the straps and took one off the pile was likely when they found it was the wrong thickness.

Did they cut corners ? No, with in a week they had the right stuff.

And with shipping one Friday and more this week. Things are rolling.

LTG : )™

#4993 9 years ago

One MMr was finally shipped this week, I guess it was to a non pinsider or we would have heard of it. It may be possible that it will be received next week by one of us. All I know is one has actually been shipped.

#4994 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

One MMr was finally shipped this week, I guess it was to a non pinsider or we would have heard of it. It may be possible that it will be received next week by one of us. All I know is one has actually been shipped.

did it ship in the lower quality box, while they're waiting on new boxes to arrive?

#4995 9 years ago

It seems to me that that is what happened.

#4996 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

did it ship in the lower quality box, while they're waiting on new boxes to arrive?

NO.

New boxes arrived last Thursday.

LTG : )™

#4997 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They should just cancel their orders altogether...then they wouldn't have to waste time on the internet complaining.

Maybe you should cancel your order... Then you wouldn't have to waste time on the Internet complaining about the complainers.

#4998 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Maybe you should cancel your order... Then you wouldn't have to waste time on the Internet complaining about the complainers.

Gives me something to do while I wait...instead of moaning repeatedly about the same $hit

#4999 9 years ago

Ugh, the complainers here are demonstrating that they have absolutely zero idea about project management and just what it takes to make this happen. Was shipping an afterthought, not necessarily but wasn't a priority until the things actually started rolling off the production line. Everyone was focused on getting them made.

The world is full of armchair project managers...

#5000 9 years ago

Well, plenty of people have benefited from the MMR LONG before it will have shipped.

Who?

The folks who scooped up "vintage" MM models at non-insane, post-MMr announcement pricing.

So, while some may be waiting, the love has been spreading for MONTHS....

In that spirit:
Please announce a MB remake asap (regardless of ship date), Id like to find one in the open market soon...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.