Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Razorbak86
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
internet-tough-guy[1].jpg
image-899.jpg
THNDRFUCK02.JPG
know_how_to_party_waynes_world.gif
image-578.jpg
tbl subway.JPG

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Cool, We met you on the terrace at the vip party, you were busting steve ritchie balls, and he was telling you to speak up I'm fff deaf...me and my buddy were dying ...it was a good time!!

#52 5 years ago

There are Pinball Dudes all over the damn planet, man! Martin Ayub from the UK is a Dude, and so is Luke Wells! Ovidiu Cocina from Romania is a Dude, and Gabby Gabba too! Vaughan Thomas from Wales is a Dude! Don't even get me started on the US/CA/AU list of Dudes. It's a biggie!
I would have been about 23 when all the stuff in the movie went down. I lived and worked in West LA, which was really close to where the action happened. The Mar Vista Bowl on Venice Blvd. always had pins and a good videogame selection (I played Python's Star Rider there!), but our place was the Picwood Bowl on Pico and Westwood. Captain Video's Arcade on the corner with all the latest pins and vids, Games Unlimited for all your board/dart game needs, the Picwood Theater, and the Picwood Bowl, which was open 24 hours on the weekends and where we all went to wind down. Lotsa pins everywhere in West LA back then! All of that got wiped out and replaced with a fuckin' mall. And then Kelbo's on Pico and Sepulveda closed and that area wasn't any fun anymore.
I posted something similar to this in the Dudeism page on FacePlant. I think I blew their minds.
So, like, when are we gonna see some action here in Puget Sound, man?

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Right on. Marble bar was before my time in bmore but I did do some urban spelunking at 4am in the congress. We were searching for the tunnels and bathhouses. Took a bizlion bricks off of a steel plate and climbed down some pipes and ended up in the bathroom of the marble bar. Great night.

Let's talk and work on a TBL release party. I'm also down with having a party with my existing pins in Dannyland first but we'd need to have a shot first of course. Send me a pm so we can stop airing our dirty undies.

Please keep us all posted! I live about five minutes from Holy Frijoles...

-- Matthew

#54 5 years ago

Cyclone that was funny then Steve Keepsu going what? What? And finally goes I'm just Fn with you.

#55 5 years ago

Tough day at work..image-899.jpg

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from cyclone1234:

Cool, We met you on the terrace at the vip party, you were busting steve ritchie balls, and he was telling you to speak up I'm fff deaf...me and my buddy were dying ...it was a good time!!

Heeeey it's d or g. Great time hanging out indeed. Let's get an expo reunion thread started
But seriously in all fairness as I remember it, The Richie came at me first so I'm gonna have to claim self defense on that one. I just thought some old pinhead asking me to 'speak up' was gonna kick my ass. I should be so lucky. I had no idea he was such a bad cat.

#57 5 years ago

Yeah its Glenn, that was some funny sh..., just picked up an iron man and Dan was just here for 6 hours , the game is really cool, waiting on walking dead le , should be here this week!!!! are you going to head to nyc for the party in december ? Were gonna go not that far for us.. We still don't know what was burning in the pipe lol....

#58 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone saw this, or if its even relevant but the guys at CNet talk about TBL at 21:45 on the recording.

Some nice exposure for TBL...

http://www.cnet.com/videos/the-404-show-1560-dangerous-celebrities-searches-big-lebowski-pinball-shooting-drones-podcast/

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Heeeey it's d or g. Great time hanging out indeed. Let's get an expo reunion thread started
But seriously in all fairness as I remember it, The Richie came at me first so I'm gonna have to claim self defense on that one. I just thought some old pinhead asking me to 'speak up' was gonna kick my ass. I should be so lucky. I had no idea he was such a bad cat.

Hello Geoff in Baltimore from Jeff in Seattle. Meet Ya at the wah wah next year.

Still taking you up on the drunken invite out there. My girlfriend is a little freaked out.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

Hello Geoff in Baltimore from Jeff in Seattle. Meet Ya at the wah wah next year.
Still taking you up on the drunken invite out there. My girlfriend is a little freaked out.

Ha! Tell her not to worry too much it's not really like the wire. Mostly just junkie prostitutes where I live. xmas parade is Sunday dec. 7th.

1 month later
#61 4 years ago

I just got wind that there are copyright issues with Big Lebowski and the US distributor has pulled-out and refunded everyone's money???? Is this right?!?!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

I just got wind that there are copyright issues with Big Lebowski and the US distributor has pulled-out and refunded everyone's money???? Is this right?!?!

No, what I read is their US distributor told them to stop putting the license at risk. Then the guys across the pond made some unrealistic promises so he told them he was out and they wouldn't take responsibility for the US accounts and customers. After a reasonable amount of time, Phil just started refunding the remaining money out of the USDP account.

When the account ran dry because funds had been misused for BOP2.0 and other promotions and expenses, DP told people who wanted their money back to get it from Phil. While Phil is out getting cancer treatments, his "friends" hung him on the hook for all the money they got him to front over the past year.

It's a total clusterfuck and IMHO, the game will never see the light of day.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Phil just started refunding the remaining money out of the USDP account. When the account ran dry because funds had been misused for BOP2.0 and other promotions and expenses, DP told people who wanted their money back to get it from Phil.

We don't know that DP USA accounts are empty. Phil said he doesn't have access to customer records so he refunded the ones he could. Time will tell if there is enough in DP USA to cover its fiduciary responsibilities. Not a good situation whatsoever.

#65 4 years ago

Worse case they will build a few and sell and a few but it will slow things down.Medium case enough of us left our funds and they will build those and then sell more. Best case its cleared up In a few weeks and we are moving forward at full steam sooner then later.

#66 4 years ago

Christ sad sack every god damn thread is you and your negativity! What is wrong with you?

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Christ sad sack every god damn thread is you and your negativity! What is wrong with you?

Reality is a bitch!

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

My reality is a bitch!

#69 4 years ago

Hey solarview, you are in violation of forum rules. I don't really care. In fact, my pessimistic output on social situations usually results in pleasant surprises.

Undue optimism, on the other hand, usually ends how again? Oh, that's right: a much lighter bank account and no pinball machine to show for it.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Hey solarview, you are in violation of forum rules. I don't really care. In fact, my pessimistic output on social situations usually results in pleasant surprises.
Undue optimism, on the other hand, usually ends how again? Oh, that's right: a much lighter bank account and no pinball machine to show for it.

I like pinside because you know who people are, but you stay completely anonymous. Can you just answer who you are?
Thanks,
Jay

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Undue optimism, on the other hand, usually ends how again? Oh, that's right: a much lighter bank account and no pinball machine to show for it

Congrats, pat yourself on the back for being "that guy that told you so" and STFU and go back to your hole.

#72 4 years ago

I don't know why you ITG's are swearing at me and calling me names. I guess that's just how you roll when you live in a fantasy.

internet-tough-guy[1].jpg
#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Highly recommended, would ignore again A++

image.jpg

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Christ sad sack every god damn thread is you and your negativity!

Negative yes. Does not mean untrue.
I re-read Sadsack's post below. There is one unproven statement : "When the account ran dry". The rest seems spot on:

- License issues: Phil might have blown the issues out of proportion, but they were there.
- "After a reasonable amount of time". Yes, 6 weeks seem reasonable.
- "Misuse for BOP2.0": Phil showed the Paypal bill
- "Phil just started refunding the remaining money out of the USDP account" True
- "DP told people who wanted their money back to get it from Phil" True
- "It's a total clusterfuck" I agree
- "IMHO, the game will never see the light of day" That's his opinion, and I hope he is wrong.

Quoted from SadSack:

No, what I read is their US distributor told them to stop putting the license at risk. Then the guys across the pond made some unrealistic promises so he told them he was out and they wouldn't take responsibility for the US accounts and customers. After a reasonable amount of time, Phil just started refunding the remaining money out of the USDP account.
When the account ran dry because funds had been misused for BOP2.0 and other promotions and expenses, DP told people who wanted their money back to get it from Phil. While Phil is out getting cancer treatments, his "friends" hung him on the hook for all the money they got him to front over the past year.

It's a total clusterfuck and IMHO, the game will never see the light of day

#75 4 years ago

Sorry to stir up a hornet's nest, just had heard this while at a pinball get-together and wanted to get some input - I'll listen to the podcasts.

Thanks for the replies.

I really hope everything can get cleared-up, from my humble experience, most pinball enthusiasts are great people, but maybe I've been lucky??!!

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't know why you ITG's are swearing at me and calling me names. I guess that's just how you roll when you live in a fantasy.

internet-tough-guy[1].jpg 42 KB

SadSack, did you just call out some fellow pinheads for being "Internet Tough Guys", from a profile that says "Location unknown"?

Come on, man!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside