(Topic ID: 16951)

Any trick to getting that pin in a vuk cup

By Celiac502

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhnconr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

I was just messing with my super vuk in a TFTC. I didn't need any force to get everything back together. You may have the wrong plunger or pin. The pin should be 3/32" x 7/16". If they're the right parts then this is how to assemble it. First install two rings on the vuk cup and push them all the way to the top. Put the big compression spring on the plunger and then push the plunger through the coil. Then put the little cup spring on the end of the plunger. The small diameter side of the spring faces the plunger and the larger end of the spring faces up to support the cup. Drop the last ring over the little cup spring for later. Then put the cup on and press it down on the spring a little bit until the hole in the plunger lines up with the slot in the cup. Now get the pin and slide it through. There should be little to no force needed. With the pin in there you should be able to let go of the cup and it should stay on the end of the plunger. With the spring tension pressing the cup upward, the pin should be held in. Be careful not to press the cup down or the tension is taken off and the pin will fall out. But you need to get that last ring on so that may happen. I put my finger over the side where the pin might fall out. Now get that last compression ring you placed over the cup spring and slide it up onto the cup. It will cover the opening where the pin slides in and prevent it from coming out. Push it up until it meets with the other two that you installed. That is basically all there is to it. Install the coil back onto the bracket and make sure your vuk switch wireform lever is sitting under the cup. If anyone needs more detail let me know and I will post pictures showing the assembly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhnconr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-trick-to-getting-that-pin-in-a-vuk-cup?tu=jhnconr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.