(Topic ID: 16951)

Any trick to getting that pin in a vuk cup

By Celiac502

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firebrandx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I'm bumping this topic because I just discovered the same issue from VUK kits I ordered from Mad Amusements. I've come to the conclusion that none of these online parts dealers realize the plunger's pinhole is simply too small for the metal pin they provide. Thankfully I didn't need the plunger part from the kit, but I can see it being very frustrating for those that do need the entire kit to work. Comparing my original parts to the rebuild kits, the pinhole is noticeably larger on the original plunger assembly. The only way I can see to correct the issue is to get a properly sized drill bit and drill out the pinhole to make it the correct size. You cannot force the pin in, so this must be done.

#4 10 years ago

Just posting an update in that my idea of using a 3/32 drill bit worked perfectly to correct the hole size on the plungers (which were incorrectly sized at 5/64). It only took a few seconds to make the modification, and now the pins fit properly as they should.

Just a heads up for those thinking about buying VUK rebuild kits for their old DE/Sega/Stern what have you projects.

#6 10 years ago

Well the point is you shouldn't have to buy something like that. Clearly the parts manufacturer was in error here by setting the locking pin hole at 5/64 instead of 3/32.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Of course you shouldn't.
    But how many times have you dropped a tiny roll pin and wasted 20 minutes trying to find it?
    Or got a new game and found somebody just used a paperclip?
    Or........

The rebuild kit comes with the pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firebrandx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-trick-to-getting-that-pin-in-a-vuk-cup?tu=firebrandx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.