• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by VT8man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

ebay.com link: ws

Im looking to purchase a ST:TNG - skeptical about ebay - but this seems to have alot of bells and whistles which would seem like the guy is into his games, I could be wrong opinions, horror stories etc welcome....

anyone going to the Allentown Pa pinball show?

#2 14 years ago

It's not a terrible deal, but you can get them in the mid to low $2,000 range for a nice condition machine if you're not too worried about all the upgrades. Doing the upgrades yourself could save you some scratch, as well.

All in all, I'd figure it's a really well maintained machine, however.

#3 14 years ago

Seems like it's a company and not just someone selling a machine. With the seller reviews and the fact he will even ship is a good sign.

I'd contact the seller and then use that communication experience to make your final decision if you think it's a price that works for you and you don't want to search for a machine to upgrade or repair yourself. Don't forget to always haggle. It never hurts to ask for a lower "Buy it Now" price.

#4 14 years ago

Looks like a great game with a lot of upgrades!would haggle a bit to see if he goes for it like Brokedad said,I would like to have 1 but I am in the process of buying a SPIDERMAN!

#5 14 years ago

Yeh - wish I could play it but, doesnt look like that is happening. Anyone live near WI that wants to check this machine out - I'll pay you to report back with your findings - whether I buy it or not. You get paid to play pinball.

#6 14 years ago

did some searching on his screen name and found this: http://webpages.charter.net/aceamusements/Arcade%20Machines.html

#7 14 years ago

It looks very neat indeed, i payed $4,500.00 Australian for mine last year, without any of the mods that this one has. I have spent around $500.00 so far. I obviously paid to much for mine, but that's what happens when you rush.
Looks as though the cabinet art is in great shape as well, maybe ask for some photos to show underneath the playfield, but looking at the outside, you would expect the same good condition.
Have you played STTING before?

#8 14 years ago

yes - I used to play this back in the mid 90's,havent played in awhile - I asked for some picts of the inside, and he said he didnt have any maybe I can get him to shoot a couple - he said the inside was clean like the rest of the machine. Im also looking at a Theatre of magic for 4000+ that is pretty close to perfect with some added upgrades, gold - spinning saw spotless playfield etc to many options want them all

#9 14 years ago

Hmmm, decision time, a good decision to have to make however, let us know which way you go.

#10 14 years ago

Leigh how do you like your STTNG - once you own it is it still as good as you had thought, anythings bother you about it or things i should consider

#11 14 years ago

I love this machine, it really is enjoyable to play once you spend some time learning the rules.
It can be tempremental and has broken down more often than my other machines.
It has blown a fuse, i had a top drop target problem and intermittantly during the final frontier, it will power off, then reset five seconds later.
Other problems are again intermittant, occasionally the gun loading mech will miss the gun and shoot the ball over the flippers and there is a minor bug, whereby the machine thinks it has lost a ball, even though it is on the playfield.
In all of the comments that i have read about STTING, the majority complain of it being a high maintenance machine.
So with this in mind, you can expect to have to spend some time, tinkering with it.
I am not trying to put you off, your machine could be A1, just giving you the low down so you can make an informed decision.

#12 14 years ago

Tinkering is fun - but do I need to be an electrical engineer to fix this thing? hopefully not, but if so my old man was an electrical engineer - I 'll tell him to start dusting off his old text books, I may need him (although if this thing doesnt run on punch cards he may not know how to fix it..LOL)

#13 14 years ago

Na, you will be ok, it will give you years of enjoyment..

#14 14 years ago

Guys - just pulled the trigger on my first pin - ToM - Great Condition (I think - you tell me), will be posting pictures prob. tomorrow when I pick her up. Let you guys tell me what you think and how I did - just pulled lots of cash from the bank - got the first pin jitters....I paid a premium but I think its the nicest ToM i've seen.

#15 14 years ago

Dont worry im still thinking of pulling the trigger ont he ST:TNG also - need both..AAHHHH

#16 14 years ago

Don't worry we'll all be here to help you. I've been an electronic tech/engineer for 25+ years not to mention all the other members with mega experience on repairs and problem solving. Maybe you could make your avatar from one of the pictures you share.

#17 14 years ago

Guys in route with my new ToM well new to me 45. Mins till set up time precious cargo coming thru everyone clear the road

#18 14 years ago

Guys Here She is: http://evolvestudios.com/theatreofmagic/ see if this gallery works the thumbnail file names got screwed up but just click thru and you can see whats what, Im pretty amazed at how clean it is - first pin in the collection - feels good.

Has mod on the trunk - moded gold spinning tiger saw, Gold trim side rails and lockdown bar with gold legs - some other custom protectors etc here and there - not really sure if there is anything else - maybe you can let me know if your familiar from the original. all the plastics are nice and clear no wear that i can tell of anywhere so far.

#19 14 years ago

Looks fabulous ! You can't stop with just one though

Thanks for sharing the pics .. you need to pick one for your avatar.

#20 14 years ago

Looks pretty sweet to me. That's a beautiful machine. I found a STTNG machine nearby for 2,200 USD. Might pick it up on Sunday. Although I hear there is a system reset from the opto's that track where the balls sit in the back?? I'm thinking I'm might be up for the tinkering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 15.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-thoughts-on-this-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.