(Topic ID: 29415)

Any thoughts on a pinside Facebook page.

By Nightstick

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Nightstick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I am suprised there is not a pinside Facebook page to go along with this site. It seems to me, what better way for more people, especially younger people to see that pinball is alive. Every time you post on it or comment on something on the page every friend you have can see it. If everyone has a few hundred friends then a whole lot of people will get a chance to see what it's about. I love this site but not a lot of people know about it except the pinball obsessed we'll say. Just a thought.

#2 11 years ago

I would rather pay Robin a full time salary than to give Mark Zuckerburg and his shareholders one more cent than absolutely necessary.

#3 11 years ago

I'd rather not get anyone new into the hobby.

Prices are high enough already!

#4 11 years ago

I have seen this come up on a number of forums I use

It never really works, it will get some use, but most postings wiil be repeats of what is already posted here

Why would you go to another site to talk to pinsiders?

#5 11 years ago

Yea, FB is not as interactive or user friendly as a message board forum anyways.

#6 11 years ago

I am much more active on here than I am on my facebook page. I run it down this way:

Times a day I check Pinside- hundreds
    Times a day I check Craiglist for new pins- dozens
    Times a day I check facebook- maybe twice

Plus my work blocks facebook, but they don't block Pinside!

#7 11 years ago

Yeah the prices are too high already but maybe if they sell more machines the prices for new machines will go down. It seems like stern uses Facebook as its main way of delivering its information.

#8 11 years ago

Practicalsteve when do you have time to work when you are checking all these sights all day.

1 month later
    #9 11 years ago

meh... I hate FB too, but it's a nice way to stay in touch, and spread the word.

I went looking for pinside on FB hoping to be notified of any new happenings, but now that I've read some of these responses.. I agree, prices are high and good tables are rare enough!

...but maybe... just maybe, if pinball was resurrected and brought back to the level it was in the glory days - more companies would begin production again and give Stern a run for their money.

IMO we need at least 2,500 more Monster Bash Tables in circulation for example... for 5K not 11K... doh!!

spread the word, pinball lives!

#10 11 years ago

A FB page of a forum? what's the point?

#11 11 years ago

Facebook's the devil

#12 11 years ago

Well I was not suggesting it as an alternative to this site but something to go along with it. If there was a pinside FB page and people posted on it or liked it. It would become visible to all there friends. Maybe you would get more people interested. Just sayin. Also It's the way Stern uses it to promote all there new machines. The people who are on FB see it and then post it here where everyone else talks about it. I don't think it would be that terrible to have a page. But whatever, just a suggestion. By the way a number of pinsiders are on FB.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-thoughts-on-a-pinside-facebook-page and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.