Williams_Jig_Saw_2.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_6.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_5.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_4.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_1.jpeg
Arrowhead.jpg
jslit.jpg
Jigsaw_backglass.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 8 years ago

The Jig Saw was the first woodrail that I got when I started to collect them. Yes, despite the fact that many may have been made originally, today it's hard to find 58 year old survivors of this game, or any other woodrail. The ones that I do see for sale or usually projects or beautifully restored (high dollar) examples. Therefore, either $600-$5000 dollar machines...
My game is essentially as found with no additional attempt at cabinet, glass or playfield touchups.. just some basic shopping and new plastics, etc. Accordingly, it was fairly priced in the middle of the above range. Compared to other "restored" games of this vintage, it does look rougher, especially the playfield areas around the lanes and center gobble hole/kick outs where there is much activity.
The original glass is mirrored and every example that I have seen, including mine, has blotchy areas. The repros look faithful when lit up, but when they are unlit, the backglass has just a "mirror" showing.

I enjoy playing the game and the previously posted video does show some of the activity and sounds. The gobble hole is well protected, so the balls do survive some play time. It's a keeper for me, but I do want to comment that I agree with JR that the TNT example is not that bad and appears to be a worthwhile restoration candidate.

As regards to 1957 machines - in general, I like the games of the mid 50's and hard to pick a specific year as a favorite. I have two other 1957 machines - Gottlieb World Champ and the Genco Show Boat. All 3 play completely different from one another - and all recommended for a good 1957 machine.

Also, somewhat surprisingly, is that the 1958 Williams Gusher, just one year newer, looks like it came from a different company. Different art, play, mechanicals, etc.

Good luck in your search

Williams_Jig_Saw_1.jpegWilliams_Jig_Saw_1.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_4.jpegWilliams_Jig_Saw_4.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_5.jpegWilliams_Jig_Saw_5.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_6.jpegWilliams_Jig_Saw_6.jpeg
Williams_Jig_Saw_2.jpegWilliams_Jig_Saw_2.jpeg

#33 8 years ago

Good job! Best of luck with it. It's one of my favorites!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-thoughts-about-a-1957-wms-jigsaw?tu=oldcarz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.