• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181115_214123 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
E2C45280-A601-4105-9B5B-CAD98A4975A9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

A few years ago I bought my first LEDs from comet pinball and it was a terrible ordeal. Lol too many choices and pain trying to figure out what exactly I need. My goal is to first and foremost do the TZ I am doing an extreme shop out on and hopefully have plenty of bulbs to hopefully do another game or so. My budget is around $250. I prefer the fresh look and brightness(not fond of the incandescent yellow glow) of LEDs without being blinded. I’ve read that 2smd frosted is the way to go on Backglass and gi? Do you color match the colors of playfield inserts? I am NOT looking to join the rainbow puke led club. Lol flashers, blinkers and other bulbs confuse me as to what I need. Do I need non ghosting in the inserts? I can go on and on. Just looking for a solid tasteful direction to go. Thanks in advance.

#6 4 years ago

I think I’m going to use comet I e had good luck with them the o e time I ordered from them. I looked up there 250 bulk kit and it seems to have most everything I would need to get started?

#18 4 years ago

Ryan. The kit is too much for me. I want to keep it cheaper and more simple. Bryan and afew others said to use the 2smd frosted for everything and that might be what I do. I want the brightness of LEDs but I want to keep things simple and fairly inexpensive. My goal is to get enough bulbs to do a few games or more. I’ve also heard people talk about how bright led flashers are and to be honest I did my funhouse in all comet and used a lot of color and it’s just too much. I used 4smd in the inserts color matched and puked it. I will eventually redo Funhouse because it’s VERY bright and the flashers are hard to handle.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, there you have it.
You need to decide for yourself from real world experience.
It is very evident none of us are even close to being on the same page. Every persons eyes see different things.
Good luck.

I agree with everything you said. The nice thing is I can take what I am reading here and it is a huge help to get me to the decisions I want to make. I’m learning from this that I am in the more simple the better camp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-tasteful-led-pros-out-there-?tu=squeakman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.