Any sports cards collectors ?

By wastedwarriors

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 3 years ago

Was just curious if there are any sports card collectors here
And if so any that would be willing to trade a game for high end sports cards (trout rookie jeter sp rookie Kobe autographed card etc)

#2 3 years ago

I sold an Albert Pujols rookie to buy my only pin.

#3 3 years ago

The autographed rookie?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from wastedwarriors:

The autographed rookie?

Bowman Chrome auto rookie /500. I sold for 12k. Please don't tell me what it's worth today.

#5 3 years ago

I will not check
Was just seeing if it was that one
It is a true killer card
But I sold a lot of cards I wish I had back as well...lol

#6 3 years ago

Did trade cards for pinball in he past as well
A whole bunch of Nice cards for big hurt and lethal weapon
Big hurt is still here
But those cards definitely appreciated more than the pinballs
But zero regrets as I’ve had way more fun with the pinballs

#7 3 years ago

Yes, a lot of Topps cards from the 60s and 70s.
Seaver and Gibson rookies in NM PSA8 condition are my favorites.

#8 3 years ago

got a bunch here/ John Elway Rookie /Brett Favre Tops Stadium Club Error card Cal Ripken rookie / Second year Wayne Gretzky and a whole bunch more and would have had even more but a school teacher confiscator took my big bag of cards and never returned them and forgot . would love to sell them too but the market is kinda crap i felt

#9 3 years ago

I sold a mj 86 fleer psa 10 for 20k a few yrs back. Now they are bringing 750k. Go figure!

#10 3 years ago

Thanks for the Downvote Mike_J

Think i know what the J stands for

#11 3 years ago

Used to collect Baseball and Basketball back in the 80's and quit in the mid-90s and switched to Magic. I still have the entire 86 Fleer Set of basketball as well as the entire 86 Fleer Sticker set. I also have an extra Jordan rookie card in addition to the one in the full set.

#12 3 years ago

Not sports cards but wow I been riding the Pokémon wave like a big Kahuna surfer. Who would have ever guessed that once virtually worthless cards would exceed past highs like the bottom had never dropped. Glad I saved that wallpaper for twenty years...

#13 3 years ago

Anyone have recommendations for getting cards priced, or where to potentially sell? When my parents bought and remodeled their current house around 2001, they found a few cards hidden in the walls; around the 50's era. They're actually in pretty good shape all things considered, but do know value is going to be heavily dependent on condition.

Cards are (they might have others, this is all my mom sent me for pictures):
Bob Talbot (1954 Topps)
Dizzy Trout (1953 Topps)
George Kell (1954 Bowman)
Mickey Mantle (1954 Bowman)
Al Sima (1953 Topps)
Ransom Jackson (1954 Bowman)

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Anyone have recommendations for getting cards priced, or where to potentially sell? When my parents bought and remodeled their current house around 2001, they found a few cards hidden in the walls; around the 50's era. They're actually in pretty good shape all things considered, but do know value is going to be heavily dependent on condition.
Cards are (they might have others, this is all my mom sent me for pictures):
Bob Talbot (1954 Topps)
Dizzy Trout (1953 Topps)
George Kell (1954 Bowman)
Mickey Mantle (1954 Bowman)
Al Sima (1953 Topps)
Ransom Jackson (1954 Bowman)

I would definitely get the Mantle professionally graded by BGS or PSA. I think you can look at PSA site and see what cards auctioned for in various conditions on PSA website.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/baseball-cards/1954-bowman/mickey-mantle/values/212415

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I would definitely get the Mantle professionally graded by BGS or PSA. I think you can look at PSA site and see what cards auctioned for in various conditions on PSA website.
https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/baseball-cards/1954-bowman/mickey-mantle/values/212415

Thanks for the tip! I figured we'd probably need to get them graded, but my guess was the others wouldn't bring in a ton compared to the Mantle card. I know "about" the grading, I've just never had to do it myself; so something I'll dig into.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-sports-cards-collectors-?hl=marcus0202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.