5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Any specials being run on either PDI or Invisiglass right now? The buy one get one half off deal was pretty sweet, hope they run something like it again...

Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

If you buy an MMR you get a deal on PDI glass

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If you buy an MMR you get a deal on PDI glass

Haha

#4 5 years ago

I though JJ was running that now? Buy one get one half off

#5 5 years ago

I'm tempted to buy a couple too, but are they really worth the price?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Yes.

#7 5 years ago

Just emailed Joey......needing (wanting) 4 sheets.....hoping he'll have a deal up his sleeve....

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

yes, btw..........

#8 5 years ago

I just ordered got 2 from JJP buy one get one for 1/2 price . Put one on my ST pro and wow I thought the lights popped before , it's unreal. The other I have for my MMR.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from muddman:

I just ordered got 2 from JJP buy one get one for 1/2 price . Put one on my ST pro and wow I thought the lights popped before , it's unreal. The other I have for my MMR.

Is there a coupon code? what was shipping?

#10 5 years ago

Has anybody had bad luck having PDI glass shipped?

#11 5 years ago

^^
    Mine arrived in one piece

#12 5 years ago

Just call Jen at JJP and ask , then order. My boxes through USPS were beat so bad , crunched all around and a gouge hole with big glass -fragile stickers all over it . But they are packed Very good and no problem.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

I though JJ was running that now? Buy one get one half off

I spoke with JJ earlier today and he is not running that special at this time.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I spoke with JJ earlier today and he is not running that special at this time.

that's too bad. i really like the product and jjp did a great job last time he had the promo. i am patient enough to wait for a deal.

#15 5 years ago

Absolutely, positively worth it. I have a sheet in my STLE and it is incredible. Almost invisible.

Liked it so much I got six more sheets. I'd love to put it on all my pins eventually, but have to wait for more sales.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

i am patient enough to wait for a deal.

Absolutely same here. The glass is great stuff, but I have no issue waiting for either PDI or Invisiglass to go on special and buy whichever one has the next sale . . . it is just not worth $300 a sheet. $200 is the magic point for it in value in my view.

#17 5 years ago

I wonder if we get enough pinsiders to commit ( 20 sheets ? ) maybe PDI would give us a deal.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

I wonder if we get enough pinsiders to commit ( 20 sheets ? ) maybe PDI would give us a deal.

The problem for them is still all the separate packaging and shipping.

I'm in for at least 2...I may bite the bullet and just buy one for IMVE.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Got response from Joey yesterday.....he said he had new pristine shipment just arrived ( drooling) but best was $265.00 a sheet for 4 sheet minimum ( that's the # I need to finish my machines)......close, very close....really like the glass.....

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The problem for them is still all the separate packaging and shipping.
    I'm in for at least 2...I may bite the bullet and just buy one for IMVE.

Me too....my TRONLE has hairline scratches in the glass, and it's killing me next to the others....

#21 5 years ago

Is that $265 shipped? PDI or Invisiglass? If that was for two sheets shipped id be in.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Me too....my TRONLE has hairline scratches in the glass, and it's killing me next to the others....

How'd you get scratches on it? Or did it come that way?
    I still need some high-end glass on my Tron LE

#23 5 years ago

The bummer about that glass is once you have it, you have to get it for everything. Of course that can be said for a lot of upgrades...

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that $265 shipped? PDI or Invisiglass? If that was for two sheets shipped id be in.

PDI....not counting shipping....

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

The bummer about that glass is once you have it, you have to get it for everything. Of course that can be said for a lot of upgrades...

This is so true. Guess I need to just bite the bullet and buy two sheets...

Anyone know who has the best price for two sheets of either PDI or invisiglass?

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

PDI....not counting shipping....

Ouch! What is the shipping?

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

How'd you get scratches on it? Or did it come that way?
    I still need some high-end glass on my TRON LE

Mine came that way.....and I can say 100%.....having Invisglass on one side machine(WOZ), and PDI on the other(TAF) you would have to be blind not to see the difference ( vs. plain glass)......I have to get the TRONLE up to speed....sad....

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ouch! What is the shipping?

I didn't get the quote yet...I'm either going w the 1 mandatory, or all 4.....believe that they ship 2 in a box( that's how my last set shipped, so I doubt the difference would be much between 1 and 2 sheets.....knowing he's got a new shipment with what he called " extremely clean edges" is killing me......

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mine came that way.....and I can say 100%.....having Invisglass on one side machine(WOZ), and PDI on the other(TAF) you would have to be blind not to see the difference ( vs. plain glass)......I have to get the TRONLE up to speed....sad....

which glass do you prefer (Invisiglass or PDI) ? ...or basically equal visual results?

thx

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

which glass do you prefer (Invisiglass or PDI) ? ...or basically equal visual results?
    thx

Both are miles better than plain.....not even close.....I do have a favorite, and it is very visible to me, but prefer to not start a debate out there.....

#31 5 years ago

good point

#32 5 years ago

I have one of each and I think PDI is slightly better. Maybe $50 better but not $100 better.

#33 5 years ago

Did pinball side mirrors ever come out with their cheaper alternative?

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmesserly:

I have one of each and I think PDI is slightly better. Maybe $50 better but not $100 better.

I have two sheets of Invisiglass and one of PDI I bought for safe cracker since JJP didn't make invisiglass for safe cracker. I prefer the PDI glass slightly. I also think PDI came packaged cleaner. Just my opinion, I'd buy whichever one was cheaper as both are amazing.

#35 5 years ago

Maybe we need to make a per show commitment order. Like for the michigan pinball expo if 20 or more pre pay then the jjp distributor could bring the glass with them and cut shipping and no need for worries about it breaking in transit(on their end atleast) Just a thought.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

Did pinball side mirrors ever come out with their cheaper alternative?

No news on that ,Starship Fantasy has something in the works also :
    http://www.starship-fantasy.com/fantasy_glass
    Like Tigerlaw , I may just have to bite the bullet ..

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

No news on that ,Starship Fantasy has something in the works also :
    http://www.starship-fantasy.com/fantasy_glass
    Like Tigerlaw , I may just have to bite the bullet ..

$295.00 a sheet? You can do better and its a proven product.
    http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

Kim

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

$295.00 a sheet? You can do better and its a proven product.
    http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html
    Kim

Did you read the thread?

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Did you read the thread?

Nope. I reacted to your comment. What did I miss?

Kim

#40 5 years ago

So, I said above I was patient enough to wait for a deal. I was wrong. My IMVE and DW need PDI glass. Where is the best place to buy a couple sheets? Thanks.

#41 5 years ago

If I play with no overhead lights on is it still worth it?

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, I said above I was patient enough to wait for a deal. I was wrong. My IMVE and DW need PDI glass. Where is the best place to buy a couple sheets? Thanks.

I was under the impression that this was the only place to get PDI:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

If I play with no overhead lights on is it still worth it?

Yes

#44 5 years ago

I thought a vendor might step up...I guess not

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Correct to my knowledge.....and I'm w you TigerLaw.....I can't wait either....getting 4 sheets......

btw- I told Joey about this thread.....sure he'll chime in at some point......

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks. I've only ordered it once before for my safe cracker (since JJP didn't offer Invisiglass for that size). I think I'm switching to PDI moving forward though if the prices are the same.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks. I've only ordered it once before for my Safe Cracker (since JJP didn't offer Invisiglass for that size). I think I'm switching to PDI moving forward though if the prices are the same.

Well then, you may as well buy 4 sheets and save yourself $120 (4+ sheets is $30 cheaper per sheet), because you know deep down that you will eventually have 2 more games in your collection that will need it.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Well then, you may as well buy 4 sheets and save yourself $120 (4+ sheets is $30 cheaper per sheet), because you know deep down that you will eventually have 2 more games in your collection that will need it.

My exact way of "justifying" the purchase ....ha!!!......

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Lol... True but cruel

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Yea, I might be able to sell one sheet to a local pinsiders too...that means I only need to buy one more game to use l the glass. LOL

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside