2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ExtremePinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Need to get a Soda/Pop and candy vending machine for an Oil Change business my wife owns as I'm going to operate it.

Are there any suggestions on what manufacturers or models to buy? I understand there are some bad vending machines out there and want to buy a dependable one's used.

Thanks for all your help - Tony

#2 2 years ago

I'll be honest, I'd look into if there's any local companies out there that can handle it all for you.
    Takes away all the hassle of restocking and maintenance, and removes the startup cost too.

-Hans

#3 2 years ago

The people I know who have done vending say it's a big pain in the rear. That's part of the reason why you sometimes see vending equipment pop up on craigslist all the time, often as "a complete business".

Then if you have multiple locations, you're always running around repairing, restocking, reimbursing locations for machines that eat change, keeping up with cleaning guidelines in vending laws, etc.

#4 2 years ago

But he is probably wanting to offer it as an amenity, and possibly only have 1-3 machines.

Check out the Beaver line. Made in Canada with commercial coin mechs. That's what I usually see in the malls around here. I've had a Beaver gum ball machine for a few years. It's been flawless for me.

#5 2 years ago

I also had a pop machine going for awhile. I wasn't on-site so it was a bad deal. On site would be easy. If you're not too concerned about making the 'most' profit possible on these, then just rent one from Coke, Pepsi whatever. They'll maintain it, but you fill it.

#6 2 years ago

I used to own a small vending business. I still have 2 combo soda/snack machines and 1 snack only machine to sell off. The combo sells soda in cans ... not too popular anymore. You have to do a lot to try to break even unless you have a great location. I had 2 oil change places on my route. Generally they did not do too well. Really only sold to the employees. The cost of the machines make you sell thousands of products just to pay for it. If you use this one machine as a "business expense", at least it is a good tax write off to counter some of your profits from your oil change business.

Just trying to give you a little insight from my experience.

#7 2 years ago

Let somebody else do it.

From experience, you would be better off revenue sharing with a proper vending company. When you figure in the labor involved in buying product, storing product, refilling product, and throwing away product that expires, it becomes nothing but a massive PITA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 10.00
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 156.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside