You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture3.jpg
Capture2.JPG
Capture-362.JPG

#1 10 years ago

I may have an opportunity to have my Lord of the Rings translite signed coming up and was wondering what's the best way to do it: on the glass/plastic on the outside or to remove the actual translite so the signature is under the glass/plastic? I want it to last, but don't want damage the translite itself. Opinions?

#2 10 years ago

They usually like to sign the actual translate, but they won't open it for you. If you can remove the edge pieces and then pull back the translight, they will sign directly on it. If you cannot get the translight exposed or you are worried about damaging it, just have them sign on the glass. If it wasn't a translight and was in fact a silkscreened back glass, they would sign on the glass anyway.. If they are called upon to sign often, then they usually have special pens designed for glass. I have had them done both ways.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3 10 years ago

i remove the translite from the glass itself. then i try to have the signature done with a silver marker.

i remove it because i don't want the signature to be cleaned off when the machine is cleaned.

i have 7 of my machines signed and always take an opportunity to get another one signed. i try to get the designer, artist, programmer. if the machine is based off of a movie then i will also try to get the actor(s) to sign it. i have yet to actually do that.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

I may have an opportunity to have my Lord of the Rings translite signed coming up and was wondering what's the best way to do it: on the glass/plastic on the outside or to remove the actual translite so the signature is under the glass/plastic? I want it to last, but don't want damage the translite itself. Opinions?

Get it signed on the translite unless it has a protective coating on it like the WOZ translites do. Then remove that and have it signed. I have 4 signed translites; WOZ, MET, Avengers and ST. They look great and really add to the gameroom. I hope to finally get my RBION signed by Pat Lawlor too at the next show.

Capture-362.JPGCapture-362.JPG Capture2.JPGCapture2.JPG Capture3.jpgCapture3.jpg
#5 10 years ago

I have a Ted Estes autograph on my Twilight Zone translite. A friend in the pinball community here mentioned that Ted was doing some contracting work for his company and would be in town, and offered to bring my TZ trans to Ted. Thanks Mike Mc!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-signed-translites-out-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.