(Topic ID: 200412)

Any Shuffle Bowlers out There?

By HD_Fatboy

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin setter (resized).png
    Firebird 4 (resized).jpeg
    Firebird 3 (resized).jpeg
    firebird 2 (resized).jpeg
    Firebird 1 (resized).jpeg
    15351355543721669237864 (resized).jpg
    15346401334192080376338 (resized).jpg
    Bowler1 (resized).jpg
    bowler (resized).jpg
    15225384563921262883359 (resized).jpg
    20180228_100712 (resized).jpg
    037715590e09a543d7fb9d404ccc30200c3fa21f (resized).jpg
    Wms-Full-House-Front-1 (resized).jpg
    image4 (resized).jpeg
    image3 (resized).jpeg
    image2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Mike, are you saying all this time the "Lock Relay" was not energized after start up?
    After you reset the machine, and manually push in the Lock Relay, it does not stay
    energized (in)?
    If that's the case, there's a slam switch in the rear of the machine where the score
    reels are. Probably on the side of the cabinet. Those set of switches need to be clean
    and making good connection with each other..

Or just solder them shut.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Or just solder them shut.

True, but it's a direct circuit with the slam switch being the
    only break once the Lock Relay is energized. It sounds like
    the lock relay fires, but then won't hold itself which would
    very much point right to the Slam Switch..
    I'm thinking a quick fix..

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Mike, are you saying all this time the "Lock Relay" was not energized after start up?
    After you reset the machine, and manually push in the Lock Relay, it does not stay
    energized (in)?
    If that's the case, there's a slam switch in the rear of the machine where the score
    reels are. Probably on the side of the cabinet. Those set of switches need to be clean
    and making good connection with each other..

I will check this tomorrow, BTW I have been manually setting the lock switch and if I unplug the machine and plug it back in, that's when the Lock relay has to be manually set to rest score reels, however, the machine still will not score throes over the lane switches, I know its has to be due to other switches being set and adjusted correctly. It is going to take me a while cause I am still learning but I believe persistence always wins. I will keep this thread updated.

Thanks so far for every ones help.

#54 6 years ago

OK, Slam switch is cleaned and set to close. Game over and lock relay appear to be working correctly. press coin button once and everything resets. Slide puck down alley nothing happens. The only thing working on alley is rear roll over switches, they activate the rear roll over relay.

#55 6 years ago

This thing is really kicking my ass, now out of nowhere the rear roll over switches quit activating the relay. all I did was clean the contacts on the pin reset motor and the pin reset relay. This thin may make a pretty good bon fire.

#56 6 years ago

Now I have the reset bank coil stuck on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#57 6 years ago

Mike, the Bank Relay switch runs off of the score motor's cam.
    I'm sure the score motor is completing it's revolution, so check
    the switch stacks on the score motor's cam. The Bank Relay coil
    is 110V E-mail direct if you like..

#58 6 years ago

Hi Tim,
    Thank you so very much for trying to help me, I have a switch or group of switches set wrong, I know I do. all this trying to set correct is backfiring on me. I think its the start or the game over relay switches but not sure. I am trying to figure it out. I could get score motor to run before using 1st ball relay and 2nd ball be but now it will not run either that's why bank relay coil was energized, score motor was not at zero position.

1 month later
    #59 6 years ago

I picked up another shuffle bowler this past weekend. It's for a friend once I get it working. Chicago Coin Prestige. It's going to need some work to get going again. I have a schematic coming, that will help. It's got some burnt up coils that are the first major issue to sort out. The good news is with these out of the circuit, the fuses don't blow and it tries to start up. The bad news is, not only did the coils burn up, it took out the fiber board that moves the relay contacts. The coils can easily be replaced, but I don't know about the fiber boards (help me with what this part is called). I will be needing to repair or replace the following: Start Relay, Rest Relay 2, Rest Relay 3. Additionally, I need the coil number for the start relay, as no evidence of the number is left in the charred mess. Or maybe someone can tell me where to find the entire relay(s)?
    Thanks guys!

IMG_5337 (resized).JPGIMG_5337 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #60 6 years ago

Picked up three barn find shuffle alleys this weekend. I think the Williams United Palos Verde I will keep and repair. The other two need more work. United Orbit and Williams United Gateway Arch. Maybe I can find someone who wants them???? They are rough. The Gateway cabinet is rough on the right side, and the table needs work on the head end. The orbit has a good table, but the top of the cabinet has water damage. Both are repairable, but probably more than I can handle. Any suggestions? Thanks nomo

image5 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpeg

image6 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpeg

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

image3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg

image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg

#61 6 years ago

I know this is post that is old.but would like to keep it alive.for info and so on .accidently downloaded wrong pic.full house.put in right pic.bgresto did glass .real happy.just finished switch bank.long job but operation was success.please keep this thread alive for other members with shuffle bowlers or small ball bowlers.thank you.

Wms-Full-House-Front-1 (resized).jpgWms-Full-House-Front-1 (resized).jpg

037715590e09a543d7fb9d404ccc30200c3fa21f (resized).jpg037715590e09a543d7fb9d404ccc30200c3fa21f (resized).jpg

20180228_100712 (resized).jpg20180228_100712 (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago

Hi all, Since I am the one that started the thread, keeping it alive is a great idea. It took me 3 months of a lot of tinkering around to finally get mine working correctly. It sure can be trying at times. Good luck all involved with this thread with your bowlers!

#63 6 years ago

Thanks fatboy.will do.i figure I I add something every couple weeks.it will catch on .

1 month later
    #64 6 years ago

Still working on my shuffle bowler in spare time.just wanted to add sections of machine as I complete them.the lane turned out real nice.replaced cork board side rails with rubber ones from pbr.its said rubber side rails were factory replacement for the cork.i do like the rubber better as the puck bounces better off sides.

15225384563921262883359 (resized).jpg15225384563921262883359 (resized).jpg

3 months later
    #65 5 years ago

Was considering picking this up for $100 and tinkering to see if i can get it working. Guy selling it knows nothing except "It lights up". I figure if the back glass is good it is'nt too risky. No coin mech but it would be for home use. I've never worked on any EM but want to learn. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

bowler (resized).jpgbowler (resized).jpg
    #66 5 years ago

worth it

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pmedic871:

I would appreciate any feedback.

Yeah, if you would like a vintage shuffle for the game room,
    it's worth $100.00
    It's missing the entire wooden box that the coin unit would be in.
    Are the wires there (probably an 8 or 9 round prong male plug)
    underneath that went to the coin unit..
    Edit: I was thinking on some United ball bowlers. The shuffles
    may be a 3 prong plug. I know I have one entire box unit which
    I'll be using, I'll check if I have another..

#68 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice and your offer Mopar, but that deal got snapped up before I could get there. I have pulled the trigger on a United Times Square Shuffle Alley that will need a little mech. work and the formica(?) looks rough. I searched but didn't find much on repairing or replacing the play surface. I imagine the surface can be polished but there are some larger defects on the near surface of the playfield. I am not looking to restore only make it playable and improve it's appearance if possible. Any words of wisdom? Thanks!

Bowler1 (resized).jpgBowler1 (resized).jpg
    #69 5 years ago

It's probably not worth enough to justify the cost of the parts, but if you *really* want to do it, there are new playfields out there... http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SHUFLANE-UN

FWIW, I have a United machine too, and it has some of the white spotting you've got on yours. I cleaned it well when I first got it, and use liberal applications of the "cheese" and it's been just fine for me.

#70 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. Eeek! Guess just a splice of woodgrain would be just fine.

2 weeks later
    #71 5 years ago

Also test a black permanent marker.for touching up,works good on old williams pins.

#72 5 years ago

Uniteds Royal Hawaiian

15346401334192080376338 (resized).jpg15346401334192080376338 (resized).jpg
    #73 5 years ago

Cool.freezebox,glad to see another bowler up and working.im sure you already heard a few times what needs replaced on yours,ha ha.i would try and find a flat piece of stainless .old frige,table ect...and just cut holes.looks real good anyway.glad you posted.thanks.

#74 5 years ago

Yeah i wish somebodywas making the old style front molding. I would buy a repop in a heart beat. On a side note i just opened up the coin door and looked at the play counter this things at 95,174

15351355543721669237864 (resized).jpg15351355543721669237864 (resized).jpg
    #75 5 years ago

I have a friend that just picked up this Midway Firebird shuffle bowler. The photos look the same as the Chicago Coin that I worked on last winter! Does anyone know of a formica surface available for sale anywhere? Thanks. Mike

Firebird 1 (resized).jpegFirebird 1 (resized).jpegfirebird 2 (resized).jpegfirebird 2 (resized).jpeg
    #76 5 years ago

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BOWL

May cost more than the bowler, but there’s reproduction Formica out there.

#77 5 years ago

Anyone know where to get this plastic lever part for a Midway Bowler? Thanks!

Mike

Firebird 3 (resized).jpegFirebird 3 (resized).jpegFirebird 4 (resized).jpegFirebird 4 (resized).jpeg
    #78 5 years ago

I may have answered my own question. Marco

pin setter (resized).pngpin setter (resized).png
    #79 5 years ago

The pinball resource,also try pinballmike.com,also ebay,another place is in missouri,not saint louis,if I can look it up later I will post it.good luck.

1 year later
    #80 4 years ago

HEY GUYS ( ATTENTION !!!) .IF YOU OWN A UNITED 6 PLAYER SHUFFLE ALLEY.GO TO GOOGLE AND TYPE IN .(1954 UNITED TEAM SHUFFLE ALLEY,BOWLER) .THEN GO TO( ARCADE MUSEUM ) WEBSITE.THERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD SERVICE MANUAL FOR UNITED 6 PLAYER SHUFFLE ALLEYS.MOST 1950,S MODELS WILL BE SAME.HOPE THIS HELPS GET SOME OF THESE SHUFFLE ALLEYS WORKING AGAIN.MANUAL HAS IT ALL FOR THESE TYPE ALLEYS. GOOD LUCK.

#81 4 years ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I just got a United Mars Shuffle Alley and have been scouring looking for a schematics/manual for it. Would love to restore it to playing condition.

#82 4 years ago

I'm glad for you.i posted this because a lot of people are fearful to fix there's because lack of info.im pretty sure it will help.please post pic of your alley when finished.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-shuffle-bowlers-out-there/page/2?hl=pmedic871 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.