(Topic ID: 169577)

Any shipping companies that break down the machines?

By Playmatic

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xTheBlackKnightx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I know, you guys are probably sick of shipping threads (sorry in advance).
    Money isn't my main concern, but I'm curious if anybody knows of any companies that will remove the legs, fold down the head and well pack a machine?

Is this something I should ask the seller about or leave up to a shipping company?

Thanks so very much for your time.

#2 3 years ago

Thought I'd give this a bump and see if anybody has any ideas. Thanks again

#3 3 years ago

No I can't help but... What are you buying?

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

No I can't help but... What are you buying?

Hi sweetheart, bought an "oddity" one state away. I kinda fear STI so was hoping there may be some pro companies. I doubt I can get the seller to remove legs and pack her.

I might just have to take the gamble and have it shipped poorly. I've already paid in full for the machine days ago, do it's a done deal. Gotta be reckless and take risks with rarities!

#5 3 years ago

I don't know. One state away doesn't sound that bad. Maybe you could get someone to transport it for you if you aren't able to. Maybe someone on craigslist does this sort of thing? I would be afraid of something happening if it wasn't packed with at least a small amount of care.

#6 3 years ago

Maybe post where you are . I am hopeful someone will help you out. If your close to us.. Send me a PM... NT

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

I don't know. One state away doesn't sound that bad. Maybe you could get someone to transport it for you if you aren't able to. Maybe someone on craigslist does this sort of thing? I would be afraid of something happening if it wasn't packed with at least a small amount of care.

I'm unfortunately in a situation where I am not able to travel. Gotta' 'make the best of the situation.

#8 3 years ago

I live in the Portland OR area, Machine is in southern CA.

#9 3 years ago

Post a wanted ad... Have pinball needing moved....Can anyone assist.

#10 3 years ago

An oddity. OMG she bought a King Kong. I knew it. She plays all sweet and innocent and steals it right out from under me.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

An oddity. OMG she bought a King Kong. I knew it. She plays all sweet and innocent and steals it right out from under me.

Haha, you should know me better by now. Spanish machines have my heart.

#12 3 years ago

Considering the billion different ways to fold up a pinball machine (or the lack thereof), I doubt any company would even be willing to entertain the idea, unfortunately. (Also then they'd have to dig around inside of your property, and also hope that they don't do it wrong) I feel like you're better off with shipping it set up anyways these days. I am doing this soon and have no worries about it.

#13 3 years ago

IMO

I'd just have Navl ship it with legs on.
    Have the seller fold the head and secure with a strap and cardboard or shrink wrap.

#14 3 years ago

If this private owner has no idea how to perform basic preparation for shipping, contact fellow collectors in Southern CA to assist you. Use Mr. Pinball. There are a lot of them.

Basic shipping preparation should include breaking the machine down, padding the backbox, shrink wrap, padding the cabinet, light boxing with support, final shrink wrap, and strapping to pallet.

Many collectors will do it for free.
    There are also dealers (in SOCAL) that will do it for a fee.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 289.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 135.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside