Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Anybody go and record pin hammer prices?

#2 3 years ago

Lori? Anyone?

#3 3 years ago

#4 3 years ago

Rundown of Pins:
    Aerosmith Pro - 5200.00
    Beatles Gold - 5500.00
    Star Wars Pro - 5100.00
    Black Knight Pro - 4000.00
    Black Knight Pro - 5000.00
    Dead Pool Pro - 4600.00
    Dead Pool Pro - 4700.00
    Stern POTC - 4400.00
    Bally Gameshow - 1200.00
    Stern Spiderman(original run) - 4500.00
    Stern TMNT Pro - 5200.00
    The Getaway - 2750.00
    Counterforce - 500.00
    Southpark - 2300.00
    Avengers Pro - 3100.00
    Family Guy - 3900.00
    Willy Wonka Standard - 6600.00
    Road Kings - 1000.00
    Rocky & Bullwinkle - 1900.00
    Strikes and Spares Gottlieb 2 DMD model - 1500.00
    Comet - 900.00
    Special Force - 800.00
    Stern Sea Ray - 200.00
    Slugfest - 1400.00
    Fire Champagne - 1400.00
    Disco Fever - 600.00
    Older Line Drive - 2800.00
    Airborne Capcom - 2900.00
    4 Bingos were just given to a bidder after no bids - 0.00
    1 pin claimed as HUO and won on the Price Is Right - 1000.00

Added over 3 years ago:

It appears the BKSOR that went for $5000.00 was a Premium.

#5 3 years ago

Had a feeling that I should have gone with my Aerosmith...

#6 3 years ago

Did the BK have an upper playfield or not?

#7 3 years ago

They were both Pros. 1 at beginning of pins(4000.00) and 1 was the last pin auctioned(5000.00). No way to tell the buy backs.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

They were both Pros. 1 at beginning of pins(4000.00) and 1 was the last pin auctioned(5000.00). No way to tell the buy backs.

Same Bidder numbers are a clue as the same person buying several games in a row. It usually points to a operator with his big truck available to load them back up if he's not getting what he wants.

#9 3 years ago

Is there a buyers premium as well? If so that needs to added to final price

#10 3 years ago

It depends on how you are registered. These are hammer prices.

#11 3 years ago

That second bk had premium art work.

#12 3 years ago

I suspected that the second one was premium.

#13 3 years ago

Pins start selling at the 2:32:20 mark.

John

#14 3 years ago

Interesting part was when they tried to auction off the 4 bingo machines at once.
    The auction guy got a little bit frustrated when no one would bid.
    Not even like $50 for all 4.
    I thought they were going to have to pay someone to haul them away, but someone took all 4 for free.

#15 3 years ago

Lol..they take up room, but those 4 bingos will yield several hundred in parts. All had Mars bill acceptors.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

Interesting part was when they tried to auction off the 4 bingo machines at once.
    The auction guy got a little bit frustrated when no one would bid.
    Not even like $50 for all 4.
    I thought they were going to have to pay someone to haul them away, but someone took all 4 for free.

Reminds me of an operator auction I went to about 15 years ago. They were having issues giving away arcade cabinets because there were so many of them, and so few buyers.

I bought one cabinet for $5, and when no one bid on the next 8 cabinets, they offered them to me for free as part of my $5 purchase.

When I got home, I pulled about $400 in quarters out of them. Not bad for $5!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Lol..they take up room, but those 4 bingos will yield several hundred in parts. All had Mars bill acceptors.

They could probably have removed the bill acceptors and sold them separately for more money than what they wanted for those 4 machines all together.

#18 3 years ago

I was a little bit amazed at how little information was provided on each machine before it was up for auction. Some machines, they did not even say the name of the machine. No info on how many plays, the manufacturer, date of manufacture, mods, condition, nothing... Perhaps they were there for inspection and such prior the bidding and all the bidders already had that information. Only a few machines had any info at all provided other than the auction number provided and then it was mostly anecdotal information with very little relation to the value of the machine.. "This is an HUO machine", for instance, was mentioned on just a few...

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I was a little bit amazed at how little information was provided on each machine before it was up for auction. Some machines, they did not even say the name of the machine. No info on how many plays, the manufacturer, date of manufacture, mods, condition, nothing... Perhaps they were there for inspection and such prior the bidding and all the bidders already had that information. Only a few machines had any info at all provided other than the auction number provided and then it was mostly anecdotal information with very little relation to the value of the machine.. "This is an HUO machine", for instance, was mentioned on just a few...

There is actually a good reason for this. First, you have all day to inspect and play everything there. Second, if you put a note on the machine, they will usually read it (this game is huo, this game was on the price is right, etc.) But last, and most important, is liability. I've known these guys for years. They are familiar with games but anyone can miss identify a game. If they announce a game as a premium and it's really a pro then proceeds to get $1200 more then it should, someone then can claim it was misrepresented and refuse the game. This originally started with touchscreens years ago. People would put a 2007 header on a game that was a 2002.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

There is actually a good reason for this. First, you have all day to inspect and play everything there. Second, if you put a note on the machine, they will usually read it (this game is huo, this game was on the price is right, etc.) But last, and most important, is liability. I've known these guys for years. They are familiar with games but anyone can miss identify a game. If they announce a game as a premium and it's really a pro then proceeds to get $1200 more then it should, someone then can claim it was misrepresented and refuse the game. This originally started with touchscreens years ago. People would put a 2007 header on a game that was a 2002.

And if I may add: "As-is, where-is" applies to every machine.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

if you put a note on the machine, they will usually read it (this game is huo, this game was on the price is right, etc.)

I heard that comment about the machine that was on the Price is Right. I was thinking at the time "well, that is interesting, I wonder if the machine has LEDs?" I guess I am not used to an auction format like that. Having the machine on a game show is cool, but it does not add any value once I am playing it. Maybe someone else would find more value in that for nostalgia or whatever. Just my thoughts. But I am not auctioning machines for a living, so don't take my comments the wrong way.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I heard that comment about the machine that was on the Price is Right. I was thinking at the time "well, that is interesting, I wonder if the machine has LEDs?" I guess I am not used to an auction format like that. Having the machine on a game show is cool, but it does not add any value once I am playing it. Maybe someone else would find more value in that for nostalgia or whatever. Just my thoughts. But I am not auctioning machines for a living, so don't take my comments the wrong way.

My only point for saying that was we all heard it, and that they will read notes left on a game. Anyone can put a HUO sign on a game. They will read it but doesn't mean anything. If you buy that line and didnt notice it had a bill acceptor on it, that's your fault.

#23 3 years ago

I see your point. However, my thought is that the average pinball guy can look at a machine pretty quick and notice wear marks on the playfield/shooter lane, worn rubber, cracked plastic and other indicators that would confirm that the game was routed. A bill validator would be pretty hard item to miss. Plus, there is the fact that a bill validator is not a cheap item. So, it might actually increase the value if all other factors show it was not routed, with 30,000 plays on it. I did not see one person open a game to see if there was any black marks inside from worn coils, blown fuses or circuit card repairs. Those items would also be good indicators on the actual value as well. Most of the machines seemed to be missing keys, for instance. Perhaps they were available, but I did hear people asking about that at the end of the auction, like they might not be available. Drilling out a lock is not a big deal, but if a key was available, it would save a lot of trouble for the buyer, plus the price of 2 new locks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-sevierville-auction-results and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.