By sandersj

1 year ago

Stats

• 217 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171112_111220_resized (resized).jpg
20171112_111318_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_2532 (resized).PNG
IMG_20170327_191826 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170327_182830 (resized).jpg

There are 217 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 months ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

No. But I did open the door to test the auto launch in test mode, and it fires fine in test, but in gameplay it's very weak.

ive had my coindoor open on WWE during boot up few times and everytime it updates node board if its open then. maybe try leaving coin door open during boot up will make it reupdate node board for you and fix the auto launch issue for you? worth a try.

#202 7 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

ive had my coindoor open on WWE during boot up few times and everytime it updates node board if its open then. maybe try leaving coin door open during boot up will make it reupdate node board for you and fix the auto launch issue for you? worth a try.

Worth a shot. Will try it this week and see what happens.

#203 7 months ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Worth a shot. Will try it this week and see what happens.

Well it seems to have gotten worse with updating the nodes again. I want to say it is node related as it still fires fine in switch test. I also tried factory reset, and that was a bust. Maybe try updating the code again?

1 month later
#204 6 months ago

Just as a data point, the problem that started this thread was bizarre behavior out of my GoT pro. Replaced the SD card, all good. Started doing it again a few months later. Replaced SD card again. That one lasted a few months before bizarre behavior creeper in again. Now I'm on SD card #4 on GoT and I switched to a high temperature card intended for dash cams. So far so good.

My other spike games have been fine except for a node board on Kiss that went tits up a while back. Warranty replacement, working fine since.

#205 6 months ago

I'll add to this party. I have a 2 week old AS Prem at home with 98 plays. The lower PF lights and flippers started randomly going out the last few games, and now they are out completely. Looks like Node 8 (and all the "child" set of that 8a, 8b, etc.) I have a GoT LE and never had any problems, but see the previous posts here where GOT LE node 8 seems to be a more common problem a year ago.

Anyone else have Node 8 problems this early in ownership?

#206 6 months ago

Node 9 with 52 plays. They are the same part just daisy chained with diff address.

Easy swap just frustrating it was down for 3 days.

1 week later
#207 6 months ago

My wrestlemania Le power cut out while during a game an now when I turn it on only 2 GI lights are on the playfield so obviously a power problem , does anyone know where to start looking for the problem please? Thanks in advance

5 months later
#208 8 days ago

Following up on my GoT Pro issue. It continued to have ghost switch and "behavioral issues" and I refused to believe it was just eating SD cards so fast so I tried a few more things including swapping the CPU out of my GB pro with the one in GoT. While I had the backbox on GB open I noticed a large RFI filter on one of the CPU cables that was absent on GoT. Swapping CPUs didn't do anything, same repeatable problems, but just before calling it quits for the day I decided to cut that cable out of its wiring bundle and get it away from other wires.

GoT started acting almost perfectly at that point. Only one ghost switch weirdness in 8 full games vs highly repeatable and immediate problems before. Time for some clamp on RFI filters for GoT.

#209 8 days ago

Interesting. A before and after pic may help others!

#210 8 days ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Following up on my GoT Pro issue. It continued to have ghost switch and "behavioral issues" and I refused to believe it was just eating SD cards so fast so I tried a few more things including swapping the CPU out of my GB pro with the one in GoT. While I had the backbox on GB open I noticed a large RFI filter on one of the CPU cables that was absent on GoT. Swapping CPUs didn't do anything, same repeatable problems, but just before calling it quits for the day I decided to cut that cable out of its wiring bundle and get it away from other wires.
GoT started acting almost perfectly at that point. Only one ghost switch weirdness in 8 full games vs highly repeatable and immediate problems before. Time for some clamp on RFI filters for GoT.

Did you call your distributor or Stern for help on this?

#211 8 days ago

Bad node board on a virtual machine. They can't get it right and STILL ship it out to the public. flashers out during modes, and illuminated flashing LEDS that show you where to shoot are out. Good stuff

IMG_2532 (resized).PNG

#212 8 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you call your distributor or Stern for help on this?

I did back in the early troubleshooting process. I just ordered a bag of clamp on filters from Amazon for $10. I've got some around the house but like most parts I have no clue what place I stashed them at. I'm gong to test the game some more later today and will take some pics.

#213 8 days ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Bad node board on a virtual machine. They can't get it right and STILL ship it out to the public. flashers out during modes, and illuminated flashing LEDS that show you where to shoot are out. Good stuff

Is this a joke, or ? I don't WTF often, but WTF?

Quoted from sandersj:

I did back in the early troubleshooting process. I just ordered a bag of clamp on filters from Amazon for $10. I've got some around the house but like most parts I have no clue what place I stashed them at. I'm gong to test the game some more later today and will take some pics.

Cool, and thank you. I don't own a spike game yet... but it seems it will be up to the community to document this stuff...

#214 8 days ago

My KISS Pro has no sound on the right channel. I tested the speaker panel on my GB and it's fine. Swapped the wire, nothing changed. I tried headphones and it' s not there as well. Not sure if this is the CPU or not. The only thing I did was update the songs with Pinball Browser. I went back to the factory Rom. No dif. Very strange. Not wanting to pay $100's to have the right channel fixed but it sure is annoying.

I guess I could take out my CPU from GB and put it in KISS and re-flash but I am worried I end up with 2 games with issues. I am afraid to touch a working SPIKE game.

#215 8 days ago

Here's some pics. The CPU pic with the white clamp-on RFI filter on the red and black wire pair (I assume the display power connector) is my GB Pro. The pic with the red and black wired dangling out in space is my GoT pro that now suddenly works a helluva lot better. The red and black wires were bundled in the cable bundle going around to the right side of the CPU board.

My Kiss pro has no filter and I've never had these types of problems out of it. But after about a year on location my GoT pro started acting weird. If you look above in this thread I spent $500 for one each of the node boards and systematically swapped them out with no positive results. Replacing the SD card seemed to help for a few months at a time (??) but it would always go back to odd behavior such as mystery switch hits, i.e. starting a Blackwater multiball without hitting the ramp and when you entered a house mode it would often just keep the ball in the sword lock without releasing it and without providing a new ball if you had just locked a ball. Most of these problems were perfectly repeatable every game.

I played three full games today and I got one mystery ramp hit in a BW multiball and that was it. So its back to behaving good enough for location and hopefully the filters will completely fix it.

20171112_111318_resized (resized).jpg

20171112_111220_resized (resized).jpg

#216 7 days ago

Interesting. That states to be power going to the Display. EMI filters typically trap high frequency interference. Of course, placing the filter could prevent noise from the CPU PCB from being emitted into the game (typically done to pass FCC Part 15 regs). But can also protect the CPU from it being picked up along the cabling.

You stated you also separated the wiring out from the rest of the harness. It would be interesting to know which of the two things you did actually solved most of the problem or if both were necessary to get any results?

Likewise, I wonder if it is the Display assembly actually causing the interference in the first place.

#217 6 days ago

>You stated you also separated the wiring out from the rest of the harness. It would be interesting to know which of the two things you did actually solved most of the problem or if both were necessary to get any results?

All I've done so far is separate the power wiring out of the harness, no filters added yet.

#218 2 days ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

The emulation is loaded with all kinds of odd hooks and some kind of save sates with the quick start pick number of players from the menu.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,499.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Mafia
$ 24.50
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Appleton, WI
$ 9.95
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
$ 29.95
There are 217 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside