2790E18D-3112-4CFC-AB67-6ED1C2DAC8BB (resized).jpeg
CB8A75C8-BFA1-45B2-872F-FFB0BA4B13A9 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230415_143240111 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205100473 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205634213 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #209 Replacement Shooter Lane Ball Gate by Cliffy Posted by Cliffy (8 years ago)

Post #391 Link to IPDB for manual / schematics. Posted by frunch (6 years ago)

Post #512 Link for guide to wiring in new rectifier board. Posted by Chalkey (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ollulanus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Seawitch backglass are in stock and ready to go.
$300Cnd includes shipping.
[quoted image]

I just picked up a Seawitch that needs a new BG...anything to recommend yours vs CPR other than price? I was going to upgrade my DE SW to back glass while I was shipping, but that's a very reasonable price.

May replace the playfield at some point too, though this one is pretty good other than an absurd amount of ball swirl. You expect to make those for a while, or limited run and done?

#1330 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I made this up, help at all?
[quoted image]

You are awesome. I just picked one up and am immediately troubleshooting a light issue, just made my life much easier. Thanks!

4 months later
#1394 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Test fitting is complete. These are shipping out on Monday. Here is a photo of each color installed. PM me if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look nifty, but is there a specific reason I want them? Never had issues with balls going up there, but that's all I can think of...

2 weeks later
#1412 1 year ago

Can someone with an original paint job post a pic of the side of the head? Repainting mine, pimp stencils have a base color (light blue) stripe at the front by the frame. Swear mine didn't, but already sanded down, and the photos I'm finding all look like repaint jobs.

1 month later
#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:So I designed a couple of 3d printed parts, one being the equivalent of the metal ramp you installed, but set up to only require the original mounts. The other part acts as a guard for the ball guide and exposed switch. I also have a plug for the light socket hole.
I then designed a decal to cover up the unfinished area and a truncated plastic. For the plastic, I bought a laser cutter and a photo quality printer, but still need to complete that aspect. For now, I just have a printed mock up in place.
If you're interested, I could send you a set to test.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'm finishing up a playfield swap/cab restore and can restore now, if you're looking for someone to test it out I'd be happy to if it requires no permanent mods. Might be interesting to see how it rolls with the fantastic repro playfield
PXL_20230401_161939602 (resized).jpgPXL_20230401_161939602 (resized).jpg

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Prior owner had rebuilt / upgraded flippers, so I don't have a stock machine to reference against. From what I can tell, a prior owner used the "2.0" mechs from pinball life and then swapped out to skinnier bats.

Mine will have traditional bats, which could make a dif.

On a related note, John @ Precision (the awesome new aluminum flippers, have put them on all my modern stuff) is making a small run of aluminium flipper bushings specifically for classic sterns in a couple of weeks (slightly different size than modern or b/w). While I love them in general for the tighter play, anyone who is doing a Fantastic swap should reach out and see if you can get a set - I'm guessing if you have to enlarge that lower left flipper bushings hole to get the alignment right as others have (and I will), the reduced support for plastic bushings may wear them faster or cause other issues long term. And if nothing else they really do improve play. Not sure if he'll do them again, so if interested, I'd shout now.

#1458 1 year ago

Home stretch on the swap. Thinking I'll try some titans on it instead of the rubber...white looked pretty sharp, but has anyone tried light blue, and if so, any pics? I normally like transparent around lights but I think that's just gonna look strange here, leaning towards light blue or just sticking with white.

PXL_20230404_014327255 (resized).jpgPXL_20230404_014327255 (resized).jpg
#1460 1 year ago

Repopulating the topside and just realized some of the star posts are slightly taller than others - basically identical posts other than the top bit being a bit longer, so didn't notice what came from where taking them off. Actually didn't even notice until I had them all on and was check plastic fits, lol.

Which go where? I'm guessing the talls came from around the pop circle and middle drops maybe?

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I went and checked your link. I am borrowing your picture. I agree with all of your short posts placement.
But I went with short posts on the upper left flipper plastic because I want it to match the short posts you have around the orbit. I have my upper left flipper taken care of with regards to dealing with balls getting caught on top the plastic.
[quoted image]

Man, I love when someone saves my lazy ass the trouble of clicking a link and researching Thanks man, you too cotton.

#1465 1 year ago

Where'd that apron card come from by the way? Dig.

I thought about doing a custom instruction card...

1. Shoot the drops in order.
2. Shout YAY! when you actually hit the loop. Probably by accident.
3. Wonder why it's not worth more.
4. Try not to drain, but when you do, YAY SCORE!

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

I might be biased, but the color match on those plastics and playfield look dead on balls accurate.
Fantastic!

Yup, those plastics are original and fortunately pretty minty. Your colors are spot on. Can't wait to flip it.

Speaking of colors, I said screw tradition on the cab and did it in metallics. Was a bit of a PITA, but love the way it turned out. Couple more coats of clear for posterity and I'll get her put back together.

PXL_20230405_211343645 (resized).jpgPXL_20230405_211343645 (resized).jpgPXL_20230408_230128372 (resized).jpgPXL_20230408_230128372 (resized).jpg
#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from ant_:

Fantastic’s last run was $1000 CAD.

Shipped too. Came out cheaper, and better quality. Not a knock on CPR, just props where due.

Now, go make more stargazer Playfields :p

#1476 1 year ago

Can someone post a couple quick pics of the lower inside of the backbox, preferably a Seawitch? Reassembling and don't seem to have any pics. Just wanna make sure i wire the ground into everything that needs it. Think it should be self explanatory but, ya know, measure twice cut onse.

#1477 1 year ago

Well, I've still got a fair bit of work to do fixing small stuff and dialing everything in, but really happy with how this came out. Pics don't do the metallics justice, and the powder is metallic with a slight irridescense. Got some lights out, need to adjust the flippers and figure out why one of the pops and slings aren't firing, but booted up and played fine. Pretty anxiety inducing flipping it on that first time after complete disassembly and playfield swap.

PXL_20230415_143240111 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_143240111 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_205100473 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_205100473 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_205634213 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_205634213 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_205901471 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_205901471 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_210002353 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_210002353 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_210018467 (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_210018467 (resized).jpg
#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It looks nice. But why the zipper tube on the wiring?

Saw someone else do it on a restore thread, seemed like an easy way to reduce all that crap that came off in the dishwasher in the future Cheap on Amazon. Was gonna do the underside of the playfield too, but that was a real PITA so scrapped it.

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from Evets:

Hobby or not, you make a sweet Seawitch PF. I appreciate mine.

Agreed. I'm happy with my paint job but it doesn't hold a candle to that playfield.

1 month later
#1504 11 months ago
Quoted from joelfrancis:

In fact i did repin both the male and female pins of the driver board connectors right side - J3 and J2. 12 volts was open from the PS to the board and then onto the MPU. Once i replaced them the game came up. And yes -- I just tried it again. It goes to attract mode - cycles the playfield lights and shows high scores, etc.
thanks! and of course -- your diagnosis???

Offhand I'm not sure on the specifics of the circuits involved, but often there's a safety check built in to verify a minimum voltage... usually a capacitor in that line to maintain voltage, if it starts to go bad you'll get what you're seeing when the voltage drops too low. Had a Zac do something similar; only noticed when I put it in my garage for a while in the winter and it was cold, which exacerbated the failing cap.

#1508 11 months ago
Quoted from Quench:

The only reference I've seen was posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-seawitch-fans-on-pinside/page/23#post-6367673
My game has most of the plastic posts in the wrong positions and I've been meaning to see if Mad_Dog_Coin_Op list matches the number and sizes I have but haven't had time.

I just finished a playfield swap; the short version is you need the tall ones at the slings, short ones at the edge plastics to match the rail height - everywhere else either will work. There's an image mapping the usual positions of tall/short earlier in the thread (might be what you're referring to here). Usually it's talls around that left target bank plastic too, only reason I can figure is it might reduce airballs over there which some say are a problem.

8 months later
#1524 74 days ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Topper from Xdetroit looks amazing!
[quoted image]

I'd dig just lit waves, but can't really get into putting the name up there, right above the name on the backglass. Not sure why everyone does that, other than it's pretty simple to make happen. Lum Topper? Does look nice, redundancy aside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ollulanus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-seawitch-fans-on-pinside?tu=ollulanus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.