2790E18D-3112-4CFC-AB67-6ED1C2DAC8BB (resized).jpeg
CB8A75C8-BFA1-45B2-872F-FFB0BA4B13A9 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230415_143240111 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205100473 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205634213 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #209 Replacement Shooter Lane Ball Gate by Cliffy Posted by Cliffy (8 years ago)

Post #391 Link to IPDB for manual / schematics. Posted by frunch (6 years ago)

Post #512 Link for guide to wiring in new rectifier board. Posted by Chalkey (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeflan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1349 1 year ago

Hey gang-

Having an issue with my Seawitch. This is a little complicated so here goes:

1) Putting in a coin does not give a credit.
2) In switch test, dropping a coin does activate the correct coin credit switch (Switch 3 I believe)
3) Swapped out another PIA chip in U10 as a shot in the dark: no change.
4) Switched out the MPU with another and the same thing.

Any ideas? Problem came out of nowhere. Would lead me to think it is a wiring issue but I have no idea where to start. In the schematics I noted that one of the coin switches is supposed to have a diode and none of mine have one. But I checked another Seawitch I have and it doesn't have diodes on any of the coin switches either.

Thanks for any info.
Mike

#1352 1 year ago

Thats correct.

Quoted from koji:

So in switch test you can actuate slot 1,2 and 3 and this registers correctly .. But outside of the test they are not giving the configured credit for any of them?

#1354 1 year ago

I actually have a second Seawitch, so rom swaps weren't necessary. That said, both games are projects, so no guarantees the boards in either are solid.
I was trying to isolate it to a single board, but so far, no luck. Will go through the other steps you offered and see if there is any difference.

At this point, I'm leaning towards a possible connector issue causing the problems. We'll see.

Mike

Quoted from cottonm4:

OK, Joe Shadetree, I see you also own a Nine Ball. Beyond thinking that your problem is electronic, the only troubleshooting guide I can offer is one you have already started. Parts swapping; Or when parts become troubleshooting tools.
* Since swapping the MPU offered no change try swapping the SDU.
* Did you swap your Seawitch ROMS into the replacement MPU? Did you reset the DIP switches.
* Disconnect and reconnect all of your wiring connectors.
*If that offers no change, try swapping the rectifier/transformer.
* Disconnect the sound board maybe?
* Disconnect and reconnect all of the LDA connectors.
These are wild ass guesses, I admit. But since you are asking...
I am dealing with an MPU problem on one of my Sterns. Swapping MPUs did not solve the problem and then the (electronic) problem went away on its own but left a different electronic problem that has me scratching my head. I feel for you.

#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

Does it play a sound effect when you drop a coin?

No.

Is the coin chute configured to require 2 coins per credit?

No.

Have you already reached maximum credits?

No.

Do coin chutes 1 and 2 work properly?

It's a three door slot, and 1 and 3 were working properly prior to crapping out.

Post a picture showing the 32 MPU board DIP switch settings.

Coming when I get home.

#1357 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Hey gang-
Having an issue with my Seawitch. This is a little complicated so here goes:
1) Putting in a coin does not give a credit.
2) In switch test, dropping a coin does activate the correct coin credit switch (Switch 3 I believe)
3) Swapped out another PIA chip in U10 as a shot in the dark: no change.
4) Switched out the MPU with another and the same thing.
Any ideas? Problem came out of nowhere. Would lead me to think it is a wiring issue but I have no idea where to start. In the schematics I noted that one of the coin switches is supposed to have a diode and none of mine have one. But I checked another Seawitch I have and it doesn't have diodes on any of the coin switches either.
Thanks for any info.
Mike

Wanted to follow up with the solution. Clue number on was that the game didn't seem to be recording high scores despite an NVRAM being in the MPU. Showed "1 1 1 1" on the screen. Solution was manually going into adjustments and hitting the 33 reset switch for each setting (presumably to clear the ram and whatever trash was in the coin settings. Rebooted everything up and all is good - game accepted coins as normal. Was truly pulling my hair out on this, and I don't have much hair left to begin with.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Hope this helps someone down the road.

Mike

4 months later
#1505 10 months ago

Working on a beater Seawitch and looking to change out the faded and worn plastic posts. Any idea what I need to order, different sizes, and where should order from. Not sure if replacements are available or I should use something else.

Thanks
Mike

#1510 10 months ago

Thanks! I was confused since the game I have has finned posts, which I didn't think was right.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

PBR has the best price. The game uses both tall and short posts. Count them up and add a couple to each count for good measure.
https://www.pbresource.com/posts.html
The sizes you need are the top 2 posts listed. You need them in dark transparent blue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeflan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-seawitch-fans-on-pinside?tu=mikeflan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.