2790E18D-3112-4CFC-AB67-6ED1C2DAC8BB (resized).jpeg
CB8A75C8-BFA1-45B2-872F-FFB0BA4B13A9 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230415_143240111 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205100473 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205634213 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #209 Replacement Shooter Lane Ball Gate by Cliffy Posted by Cliffy (8 years ago)

Post #391 Link to IPDB for manual / schematics. Posted by frunch (6 years ago)

Post #512 Link for guide to wiring in new rectifier board. Posted by Chalkey (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gabegabegabe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Great game. Simple, no multiball, but pure fun! Love sweeping drop targets, and building the spinner value, and the different sounds it makes. Mine is working, but could use some love cosmetically. Hope they make a repro playfield.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from aberdeentp:

John is, as well as a Star Gazer, though the cutoff date for preorders is August 31st, so contact him asap if you want one.

I have one of his Nine Ball backglasses. It looks nice, but the colors are not near as rich as my original. I was hoping CPR would do one, but if John is doing it, I'm guessing they probably won't. Is he only making a small run? Or will they be available going forward?

1 year later
2 weeks later
#82 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Missing Seawitch part.

I don't need one, but i have considered replacing the flap with thicker spring steel so the ball doesn't spring away from the upper flipper when you make the orbit. It would be cool to be able to repeat the shot.

#85 9 years ago

When you get a strong shot around the orbit from the upper right flipper, it will fly around, hit the spring steel, and bounce away from the upper right flipper so you can't make a second shot at the orbit. The spring steel on mine is fairly thin, so it will give a little when the ball comes around the orbit with any velocity. I thought if the spring steel were thicker, it would be able to withstand the ball coming around the orbit. it would require a stronger plunge to put the ball into play through the stronger spring steel, but seems like a trade-off i would be willing to make.

The orbit is not really the focus of the rules, but I find it fun to try to repeat orbit shots for some flow.

#91 9 years ago

you can check with Doug Huse of LetsPlayPinball.com, I think he has made rails for Flight 2000 in the past.

4 months later
#104 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

1. I'm going to order 20 lamp sockets from PBR for the flush mount lamp sockets that will staple in and connect to the GI braid.

I was thinking about using terminal solder lugs like HEP does. You can see an example here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/voltan-escapes-cosmic-doom-restore-hep/page/5#post-1939831

Quoted from mof:

2. I'm looking at the drop targets, and from what I'm hearing -- it's best to save the old ones, touch them up and mylar them. Is that accurate?

The new targets brick more than the old chicklet style ones. If you have all original style, I would definitely go with them. Especially since you can always buy the newer style later if needed.

Quoted from mof:

3. I'm looking at the 4 standup targets. What color should they be? Are they black? I suppose the stars could be repainted and then mylared?

I believe the standup targets are white with a blue star on them, at least that is what they are on my game. I don't think they can be purchased, with the star.

Can't wait to get my playfield!

8 months later
#206 8 years ago

I don't have an exact count, but the chart is a good start. But I think there are more under the plastics at the top arch and possibly above the upper left flipper. Also be aware, there are two different height posts. I don't know which locations have which.

3 weeks later
#244 8 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Here's the cliffy flap installed

Are you able to repeatedly hit the left orbit from the upper right flipper? or does the ball bounce off the spring steel away from the flipper when it comes around? On my original, it bounces away from the flipper, so I can only hit the orbit once at a time.

I think it would be cool if the orbit could be hit multiple times.

1 year later
#305 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Has anyone ever added a lamp behind the player numbers on the backglass?

I have done it using the LED strips from Comet using the existing sockets.

http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Were you able to get a controlled lamp effect for the player numbers?

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I added additional lighting to the left side of the backglass, not controlled lights behind the player numbers.

5 months later
#387 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Getting to the point of re-rubbering the playfield. Seawitch calls for a few 2-1/4" rings, but I don't see any suppliers offering this size.

My memory might be off, but aren't the slings 2-3/4"? You can get them from PBR...
http://www.pbresource.com/Rubberprc.html

1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gabegabegabe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-seawitch-fans-on-pinside?tu=gabegabegabe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.