2790E18D-3112-4CFC-AB67-6ED1C2DAC8BB (resized).jpeg
CB8A75C8-BFA1-45B2-872F-FFB0BA4B13A9 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230415_143240111 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205100473 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205634213 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #209 Replacement Shooter Lane Ball Gate by Cliffy Posted by Cliffy (8 years ago)

Post #391 Link to IPDB for manual / schematics. Posted by frunch (6 years ago)

Post #512 Link for guide to wiring in new rectifier board. Posted by Chalkey (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Use the Steve Kulpa guide linked, cross reference the schematics if necessary. I'll get you a photo when I get home if you need it.

Looked there but it looks back to front, if you could do a photo that would be great - cheers!

#701 4 years ago

So i've re-pinned the connectors on the TA-100 all showing correct voltages. I can't seem to get the 5v on the SDU-100 Rev C.

- Re-pinned connectors J3 and J4
- Rebuilt 5v section (apart from 2.2 Cap)
- New Voltage Regulator (tested on bench)
- Ground mods done and 5v TP1 -> Tp3

Now i can give the board 12v on the bench and all is well, but as soon as i plug it into the backbox no 5v, i've checked pin 12 on J3 and its giving out 12v unreg.

Its got me scratching my head some what..

Any ideas?

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

silly question, but have you checked continuity on the wire(s) that should be providing the 5v to the SDU board from the rectifier board?

Cheers, I am getting the 12v unregulated, 5v is regulated from this on the SDU board.

#704 4 years ago

Right i've sorted the SDU board out and the game now boots and i can start a game. All switches are registering in test, only problem i have now is the Solenoids don't seem to be working correctly, i.e If the Right slingshot is hit the knocker sounds and the right bumper will trigger the ball trough.

Any help would be appreciated

#708 4 years ago

I got the probe out and tested U2 on the SDU and pin 23 isn't pulsing. I've ordered a replacement.

2 weeks later
#709 4 years ago

Do these roms get bitrot or something, i've not had a battery in there (was waiting on a memory cap) and the ram won't clear now. All the displays show 22, it was working before. I'm sure i remember reading something about it corrupting the code if there is no battery?

2 months later
#735 4 years ago

Does anyone have a file or measurements on the plastic add-on to stop the ball going on the plastic?

8 months later
#866 3 years ago

I am only getting 6 flashes when I power on my seawitch. If I go into diagnostics the solenoids fire as it goes through the test but one thing I've noticed is there is all 2's on the display - is this a faulty 6810?

#868 3 years ago

Sorry didn't really explain myself properly:

I can enter diagnostics pressing the button on the mpu, then pressing the button the coin door

Its not all 2's just like some random score on the displays and 22 on the credit display.

#870 3 years ago

Its a stock MPU 200.

Instead of being 0's its random numbers, i seem to remember reading that if you ran it without a battery for a bit it corrupts the ROM - which i find very hard to believe.

I'll check the voltages in a bit.

Cheers

#872 3 years ago

No batteries in yet.

#874 3 years ago

Does it do silly things like this with no batteries?

#876 3 years ago

Every day's a school day

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Sounds like you have an Alltek MPU board.
Failure to get the 7th LED flash means that the MPU board is not getting it's 43 volt input. It comes in at pin 15 of MPU board connector J4.
Get your multimeter out and measure it:
Factory Stern MPU board you should measure 21 volts at test point TP1
Alltek MPU board revision L you should measure 43 volts at test point TP2
Alltek MPU board revision J and K you should measure 43 volts at test point TP7
any other revision Alltek, you need to look in their manual for it.

Sorry, if you get a '2' where there should be a '0', a '3' where there should be a '1', a '6' where there should be a '4' etc, then it's the same issue at pin 26 of connector J1.
Anyway it sounds like you may have a few MPU board connector issues that need to be dealt with.

Just tried now and it booted into a game, turned off and it wouldn't do the 7th flash.

Voltages:

TP3 = 21/22v
TP2 = 14v
TP5 = 5.1v

Pin 15 of J4 = 45v

So all within range, i think i will repin that J4 and see if that makes any difference.

#879 3 years ago

Thanks. What will the logic probe show in a working system?

3 months later
#987 3 years ago

So I've replaced the mpu with an alltek and I am still seeing 22's instead of a 0 at boot. Any ideas champions?

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Disconnect all but one of the displays. If it still happens, swap that last display for another. If it still happens, you have an open circuit on the display BCD data 1 signal from the MPU board at pin 26 of J1 to all the displays at pin 18. This is a Blue-White wire that gets daisy chained from one display to another on pin 18. More likely you have a bad crimp terminal connection at the source MPU board pin 26 of connector J1.

Many thanks for that I owe you a beer. It was pin 26 on the connector after all.

Next question is there any modifications to be done to make the loop shot more accessible?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-seawitch-fans-on-pinside?tu=Marv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.