Topic Stats

• 799 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by razorsedge
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 291 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2999 (resized).jpg
20200205_184608.jpg
20200205_184535.jpg
20200205_184525.jpg
20200205_184444.jpg
image-9 (resized).jpg
image-8 (resized).jpg
61A5C682-3525-42B0-A182-31BBDB4E05CD (resized).jpeg
image-2 (resized).jpg
9dce16c348ec96479bc6f6337b6d1c36c78e898a (resized).jpg
7ea599e760b14d7936c148eb433c5885c0045eaf (resized).jpg
e415d03b42235eec62c51f4599761a174d0a854b (resized).jpg
99a4986c7de7ced76ab579839dcbde9c327d58f8 (resized).jpg
SCR_MCR106.jpg
2N5060a.jpg
MC14514B (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 799 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've emailed cliffy a few times and offered to send mine, but I've had no response from him

It took him about two weeks to get back to me, but hopefully you hear something soon. I really appreciate you being willing to do that, thank you!

1 month later
#202 4 years ago

Just wanted to let others know that I happened to have ordered a cliffy for my AMH this week since he has produced those now and Cliffy sent me another message letting me know he hadn't forgotten about the seawitch project, he now has the pieces for it and was just trying to locate the properly sized rivets to complete the project, apparently it takes an unusually small rivet to attach the metal flap to the bracket, so anyway be ready soon!

#203 4 years ago

That's fantastic news! I'm looking forward to ordering one myself! Please let us know when they become available!

#204 4 years ago

I'm gonna place an order for the blue faceted star posts -- does anyone have a head-count on those?
-mof

#205 4 years ago

Mof does this help?

image.jpg

#206 4 years ago

I don't have an exact count, but the chart is a good start. But I think there are more under the plastics at the top arch and possibly above the upper left flipper. Also be aware, there are two different height posts. I don't know which locations have which.

#209 4 years ago

finally got all parts together to make this entry/orbit assembly. big thanks to JM and mof!
I'm one week into carpal surgery recovery so still asking a little patience please The pics show it's all stainless. Spring stainless flap. Stainless bracket and the correct rivets. This sucker will last forever and never rust.

Seawitch-OB2.jpg

Seawitch-OB1.jpg

Seawitch-OB3.jpg

#210 4 years ago

Excellent news Cliff, thank you for your hard work

#211 4 years ago

I can finally join this club. Been on the hunt for Seawitch for quite some time. Pretty pumped to finally get one. It is my favorite old stern

image.jpg

#212 4 years ago

Awesome news, Cliff! Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery!

#213 4 years ago

Nice work! Let us know when it's available.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Nice work! Let us know when it's available.

I'll test it over the weekend and report back my results.
-mof

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

finally got all parts together to make this entry/orbit assembly. big thanks to JM and mof!

sweet! and pretty cool that I'm a pinball reference now

#216 4 years ago

Thanks for your hard work Cliffy! I wish you a speedy recovery!

#217 4 years ago

Cliffy let us know when those flaps will be available! Thanks for making those.

#218 4 years ago

Members of the club... I am looking for a 4 bank drop target assembly for Seawitch. Any help to locate one would be very much appreciated!!

#219 4 years ago

cdnpinballer:
I may have one. I'll check when I get home tonight and pm you

#220 4 years ago

New Cliffy Seawitch flap w/riveted bracket earns a [pass] stamp from me.

Shots tested:

1. slow plunge (can I plunge to right top flipper): pass
2. hard plunge (can I plunge easily without thinking to top left flipper): pass
3. can I make orbit from lower left flipper: pass
4. can I make orbit from lower right flipper, and feed ball nicely to upper right flipper: pass

Buy with confidence. Oh heck, you already knew that.

Notes:

When I quivered the product in my hand back and forth (comparing the two) I noticed that Cliffy's is slightly thicker and it didn't bow quite as much. This was a feature request that he added in. It's a good idea, and it works just fine with the added thickness. Note: I did not run 100 tests side by side to determine whether EVERYONE should upgrade to it for better performance. I'll let someone else run that set of tests.

When I measured them side by side, I think Cliffy's is 1/16" longer, which has an advantage of reaching the outer wall a bit sooner/better. Also, if someone (like me) wanted to change the flap angle a hair (fill and drill), the LONGER it is, the more options I have for angling the bracket more towards the top, which gives the ball a less steep angle to overcome.

So if I had unlimited resources and time, (and if Cliffy did too, haha) I'd almost ask for one same thickness, and about 1/4" longer so that all shots would have a smaller angle to battle when going around the curve.

Deep bow to Cliff for making yet *another* tiny run of a product that only a few people need, but that was sorely needed...

Some people are in this for the love of the hobby, and what they can contribute to it -- and right there -- there's more proof. I guess you either have it or you don't.

-mof

#221 4 years ago

awesome feedback mof. you cannot see or feel the thickness difference and as you say it was on request but only .001" thicker humble thanks again for the opportunity, generous loan of parts and time as well as the kudos. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

cdnpinballer:
I may have one. I'll check when I get home tonight and pm you

Thank you for looking!

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Thank you for looking!

doh! I got busy and forgot to look. I promise to do so tomorrow night

#224 4 years ago

a huge thanks to cliff for getting this done!!

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

doh! I got busy and forgot to look. I promise to do so tomorrow night

No problem j_m_......

#226 4 years ago

Cliffy, how do we go about ordering this?

#227 4 years ago

email me at crinear@comcast.net with your ship address and paypal email so I can send an invoice. Thanks fellas!

#228 4 years ago

I just purchased one. Mine was made out of a cheap piece of crudely cut Plexiglass. Right orbit shot was impossible. Lol. Thanks a ton cliff

#229 4 years ago

SOOOO pumped to be joining this club. Just bought my Seawitch. Probably overpaid, but REALLY want this game! Being delivered by STI in the next week or so. Pics coming...

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

SOOOO pumped to be joining this club. Just bought my Seawitch. Probably overpaid, but REALLY want this game! Being delivered by STI in the next week or so. Pics coming...

Congrats on your Seawitch! Where did you find it?
Mike

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Congrats, man! Welcome to the club!

#232 4 years ago

Guys this is frickin' awesome. Nice job Cliffy for getting this done. Over the top.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

Congrats on your Seawitch! Where did you find it?
Mike

Shipping from CA. Good deal on a decent one. Needs lots of TLC though. Just my type! Good luck to you too Mike!

#234 4 years ago

Okay, I realize I'm entering dangerous waters here (opinions abound), but I'm curious if anyone has had any success cleaning up their Seawitch playfield with some rubbing alcohol and Magic Eraser? These PFs are typically so beat and dirty. Just curious what has worked for folks wanting a bit nicer looking PF (and yes, I know repros are coming)

#235 4 years ago

seshpilot:
I haven't done that to mine yet, but might take the plunge when I've got some time. I'm on john's list for repro playfield, so if it gets any cleaner, it would be better than what mine currently looks like

just remember to go slow and don't press hard. you don't want to burn through the paint

#236 4 years ago

I did to a really beat plafield and it worked really well. The light blue near the slings may clean uneven because of the fade or yellowing I saw on the old finish, but way better than black ball swirls

#237 4 years ago

I used alcohol and a magic eraser on mine and it did wonders. Go slow with plenty of patience.

#238 4 years ago

Same here.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

#239 4 years ago

Wow, that came out nice! The key is not overdoing it.

#240 4 years ago

So I just received and installed Cliffy's metal orbit flap with riveted bracket. I instantly hit my first right side loop shot. You saved this game for me as this shot was not attainable with the make shift piece that my game previously had. Thanks a ton

#241 4 years ago

Still looking for a 4 bank DT assembly......

#242 4 years ago

Here's the cliffy flap installed
I attached a picture of the one that was on the game, as you can see it was way too short.
Thanks again Cliff!
20151208_171416.jpg20151208_172056.jpg

#243 4 years ago

Anyone have spare plastics? I need 1 or 2 pieces: the center drop target bank one and more importantly, the plastic right above the slings on the left side of the playfield. PM me

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Here's the cliffy flap installed

Are you able to repeatedly hit the left orbit from the upper right flipper? or does the ball bounce off the spring steel away from the flipper when it comes around? On my original, it bounces away from the flipper, so I can only hit the orbit once at a time.

I think it would be cool if the orbit could be hit multiple times.

#245 4 years ago

I've hit it twice in a row one time. Before the cliffy I couldn't loop the lower left around the spinner side. After I hit it first shot but never since then

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Are you able to repeatedly hit the left orbit from the upper right flipper? or does the ball bounce off the spring steel away from the flipper when it comes around? On my original, it bounces away from the flipper, so I can only hit the orbit once at a time.
I think it would be cool if the orbit could be hit multiple times.

I don't think the angles are set up for that by design.

It can be done, but I don't hold my breath for 1% chance-shots...

-mof

#247 4 years ago

The new flap doesn't deflect at all on my machine when the ball comes around from a fast left orbit shot, It definitely doesn't bounce away from the right flipper. Like mof said, it's a tough follow up shot off the right flipper.

1 week later
#248 4 years ago

I just posted my review of Seawitch...and bumped it into the Top 100 (it was at 101)! If you haven't reviewed Seawitch, please do so to keep this beauty where she belongs: on the charts!

Also, started a restoration post about mine: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ahoy-matey-there-be-a-seawitch-a-restoring

1 month later
#249 4 years ago

Can a fellow Seawitch owner confirm if there is a wire (blue?) in position # 3 & 7 on J1 of the power supply??

#250 4 years ago

AS2518-18, -49 Power Supply Power Distribution, by Connector
A2 P.S.
Connector,
Pin# To Module,
Connector,
Pin# Function
J1-1
J1-2
J1-3
J1-4
J1-5
J1-6
J1-7
J1-8
J1-9 * Playfield
Playfield

Playfield
Playfield
Playfield
Playfield
Playfield 7.3 vac Gen. Illum. return
7.3 vac Gen. Illum. return
Spare, unused
Key
7.3 vac Gen. Illum. Buss
+43 vdc Solenoid Buss
+5.4 vdc Switched Illum. Buss
7.3 vac Gen. Illum. Buss
J2-1
J2-2
J2-3
J2-4
J2-5
J2-6
J2-7
J2-8
J2-9
J2-10 Cabinet
Cabinet

Cabinet

Cabinet
7.3 vac Gen. Illum. Buss
+43 vdc Solenoid Buss
Spare (unused)
Spare Ground (unused)
AC Line, high
AC Line, low
Key
Flipper Solenoid return
AC Line, ground
J3-1
J3-2
J3-3
J3-4
J3-5
J3-6
J3-7
J3-8
J3-9
J3-10
J3-11
J3-12
J3-13
J3-14
J3-15
J3-16
J3-17
J3-18
J3-19
J3-20

A5 L.D. J4-2
A5 L.D. J4-1
A3 S.D. J3-6

A3 S.D. J3-12
A3 S.D. J3-5 **

A4 MPU J4-15

A5 L.D. J4-11
A3 S.D. J3-21
A3 S.D. J3-22
A3 S.D. J3-10
A3 S.D. J3-3
A3 S.D. J3-23
A3 S.D. J3-24
+5.4 vdc Switched Illum. return
+230 vdc to voltage regulator (+190)
Key
+11.9 vdc to voltage regulator (+5)
+43 vdc to Flipper Relay A3 S.D. K1
7.3 vac Gen. Illum. Buss
7.3 vac Gen. Illum. Buss
+43 vdc Zero Crossing MPU input
+43 vdc Solenoid Buss
+11.9 vdc voltage regulator (+5) return (ground)
+230 vdc voltage regulator (+190) return (ground)
+11.9 vdc voltage regulator (+5) return (ground)
+230 vdc voltage regulator (+190) return (ground)
+43 vdc solenoid return (ground)
+43 vdc solenoid return (ground)
A2 P.S.
Connector,
Pin# To Module,
Connector,
Pin# Function
* The J1-9 pin is only on the AS2518-49 rectifier board.
** Lost World and later, via A8 (sound module) J1-9.
Rectifier Board Fuses.
Here is a list of the rectifier board fuses. This applies to all generations of Bally power supplies from 1977 to 1985.

F1 = 10 amp fast-blo (CPU controlled feature lamps)
F2 = 3/4 amp slo-blo (score display high voltage)
F3 = 4 amp fast-blo (unregulated +5 volts)
F4 = 5 amp fast-blo (solenoids, if game has 2 flippers)
F4 = 6 amp fast-blo (solenoids, if game has 3 flippers)
F4 = 7 amp fast-blo (solenoids, if game has 4 flippers)
F5 = 20 amp fast-blo (general illumination lights)
F6 = 3 amp slo-blo (incoming 120 volts AC line power)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 799 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside