4DF72037-50F8-4A8E-A14F-837EA53B2D44 (resized).jpeg
D53D14FA-E03D-4000-BCD8-10980FD2E291 (resized).jpeg
22ABDD66-AE84-4554-B359-42FDEB438042 (resized).jpeg
5B82F84C-E04A-4A19-90E9-AFAA664535A7 (resized).jpeg
50cb8ca2a92a4e263ff226fb7311057b7728ee52 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.11.33 PM (resized).jpg
20220607_170039 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.
#1251 3 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Inserts all level? airballs are pretty infrequent on my Seawitch... sometimes running too much pitch can cause airballs as well.. so obviously, if you must run that angle, then you need some other creative solution.. but tbh, the game may play faster, but I find the difficulty less with greater pitch unless you compensate with wider outlanes...

I'm sure my pitch is......high. I've got it slammed in the front and pretty sure it's jacked up most/all of the way in the back. Idk, I'll check when I'm home. I just figured it would be best set up aggressive. I can't stand when games play slow and lazy...

#1252 3 months ago

I messed with my drop target levels so much and in the end a playfield protector fixed my airball issues so it must have been inserts.

#1253 3 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'm sure my pitch is......high. I've got it slammed in the front and pretty sure it's jacked up most/all of the way in the back. Idk, I'll check when I'm home. I just figured it would be best set up aggressive. I can't stand when games play slow and lazy...

It easier to target the orbit shots if you do not set up too steep. I think I was at 6% slope and backed it off to 5.5 % and the orbits were a little easier. Play around with it.

But I like steep. I have Big Game at 6.5% and that is perfect for BG.

#1254 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It easier to target the orbit shots if you do not set up too steep. I think I was at 6% slope and backed it off to 5.5 % and the orbits were a little easier. Play around with it.
But I like steep. I have Big Game at 6.5% and that is perfect for BG.

Not that I'm entirely certain my phone is accurate buuuuut...it says 7 degrees. The back feet actually aren't as high as I thought they were.

20220417_205053 (resized).jpg

Cool white looks good. I'll roll with this.

I swapped out some of my (incorrect) star posts with new jeweled ones also.

20220418_114103 (resized).jpg20220418_114114 (resized).jpg
#1255 3 months ago

Hi all. I am pretty aggressively looking for a nice Seawitch if anyone is thinking of parting with one. PM me. Edit: I'm new here, so low post count, but I promise I'm not a troll or bot.
Thanks

#1256 3 months ago

Not that I'm entirely certain my phone is accurate buuuuut...it says 7 degrees. The back feet actually aren't as high as I thought they were.
[quoted image]
Cool white looks good. I'll roll with this.
I swapped out some of my (incorrect) star posts with new jeweled ones also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

OK so what about those lights on you pop bumpers. What lighting system did you go with for those outside rings to shine?
LOVE it.

#1257 3 months ago
Quoted from PeteLawtPin:

OK so what about those lights on you pop bumpers. What lighting system did you go with for those outside rings to shine?
LOVE it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html

Evos are LIFE. I've got them in my Black Knight 2000, Taxi, High Speed, Seawitch, and World Cup Soccer. They're outstanding.

#1258 3 months ago
Quoted from PeteLawtPin:

LOVE it.

They are fantastic.

Here is mine on Star Gazer. White caps and white EVOs.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.43.00 PM (resized).jpg

And on my Catacomb. Again, these are white EVOs. I tried yellow EVOs and they stank. They turned everything a ghastly shade of orange.

IMG_9569 (resized).JPG

Get your self some of these Data East style 555 sockets from Pinball Life and you are good to go.

image (resized).jpeg

https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-lamp-socket-with-centering-bracket.html

IMG_9566 (resized).jpg

#1259 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They are fantastic.
Here is mine on Star Gazer. White caps and white EVOs.
[quoted image]
And on my Catacomb. Again, these are white EVOs. I tried yellow EVOs and they stank. They turned everything a ghastly shade of orange.
[quoted image]
Get your self some of these Data East style 555 sockets from Pinball Life and you are good to go.
[quoted image]
https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-lamp-socket-with-centering-bracket.html
[quoted image]

I find that yellow LEDs are almost always a complete bust, in all applications. Much safer to stick with warm white in that case.

I use those same sockets. They're great.

I'll be right over to load up that Star Gazer...

#1260 3 months ago

I have an uncleared greatwitch seawitch playfield in my booth at PATZ. If anyone needs it.

-c

#1261 3 months ago

nevermind

2 weeks later
#1262 89 days ago

Looking for a color code, or color codes that YOU used for your seawitch cabinet. Getting stencils soon

#1263 89 days ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Looking for a color code, or color codes that YOU used for your seawitch cabinet. Getting stencils soon

I used these oil based Sherman Williams paint colors and was pleased with my choices.
20210801_184630 (resized).jpg

20220510_062214 (resized).jpg

6a4a93708fcd79ff474e8b76f9c5a8fddaf1eff5 (resized).jpg20210804_191630 (resized).jpg
#1264 89 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I used these oil based Sherman Williams paint colors and was pleaded with my choices.[quoted image]

Those colors looks nice. Do you have color codes?

#1265 89 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Those colors looks nice. Do you have color codes?

I added the photo of my paint cans to the post. The light blue is a custom color mix while the dark blue is a Sherman Williams color called Adriatic Sea (very fitting). The black is just black. All of the paints are gloss.

#1266 88 days ago

Thank you very much maddog!!!

#1267 88 days ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Thank you very much maddog!!!

No problem. The light blue and black are a perfect match to the colors that the were hidden under my door frame. The dark blue is darn close but a little darker than oem. I do like it. I think it gives the cabinet art more “pop” if you know what I mean. When I got my Seawitch it was painted in house paint. That had to go. After the restore, it is one of my favorite games.

#1268 88 days ago

Question - I've been playing around with creating removable playfield "clings" - no glue, uses static electricity. Think like the old Colorforms, but thicker and Seawitch - I'll find a location and pose on the game where it complements. And this would be in the exact same art style as Seawitch's playfield, just like I did here for Centaur's art style (here I have her reaching for the pinball). Would there be any interest? Gauging interest. Here's the Centaur one before application:

IMG_4476 (resized).JPG

#1269 86 days ago
Quoted from Rcarpen22:

Hi all. I am pretty aggressively looking for a nice Seawitch if anyone is thinking of parting with one. PM me. Edit: I'm new here, so low post count, but I promise I'm not a troll or bot.
Thanks

Got one. Very nice restored example. I’m very pleased with it.

AA8D30A3-BCEA-4038-97DA-6E93B7E6F6FE (resized).jpeg
#1270 81 days ago

It's the seawitch car!

20220517_123538 (resized).jpg
#1271 81 days ago
Quoted from Rcarpen22:

Got one. Very nice restored example. I’m very pleased with it.
[quoted image]

Looks outstanding. I like how your lighting looks bright enough without being too much. I feel like mine is honestly a bit "too much" at times.

Great game, I absolutely adore seawitch.

#1272 80 days ago

Got the head and cab painted base color, stencils arrived so very excited to start pimpin!

Screenshot_20220519-000037_Snapchat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-000026_Snapchat (resized).jpg
#1273 80 days ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Got the head and cab painted base color, stencils arrived so very excited to start pimpin!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the dark blue? I hope not. Light blue is the base color.

#1277 79 days ago

Yeah I made a mistake....correcting my error

20220519_120116 (resized).jpg
#1278 79 days ago

I’m curious, did you use my paint codes? Your colors look considerably different than mine. It might just be the lighting. Is that oil based paint?

#1279 79 days ago

I'm using Adriatic Sea(yours) and Rapture Blue (light blue)
It's my first time doing this, and I am no artist. But I feel like it's going well vs other times I've done things for the first time

#1280 78 days ago

Day 2...a lot less bleeding

20220520_152923 (resized).jpg
#1281 78 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m curious, did you use my paint codes? Your colors look considerably different than mine. It might just be the lighting. Is that oil based paint?

I'm also curious. Could you take a picture with a plain white piece of paper, like xerox paper, in the shot. We can then color correct for the time of day.

2 weeks later
#1282 61 days ago

[***SOLD***] Selling a very nice Greatwich Seawitch repro. New, never installed. $525 + shipping from 63122. One small drip in the clear can be sanded out or ignored completely. Will consider local project trades.

PXL_20210929_171715399.jpgPXL_20210929_171639474.jpgPXL_20210929_171711267.jpgPXL_20210929_171705617.jpgPXL_20210929_171708562.jpgPXL_20210929_174016432.jpgPXL_20210929_171439262.jpg

#1283 61 days ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Selling a very nice Greatwich Seawitch repro. New, never installed. $525 + shipping from 63122. One small drip in the clear can be sanded out or ignored completely. Will consider local project trades.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent

#1284 58 days ago

Looks outstanding. I like how your lighting looks bright enough without being too much. I feel like mine is honestly a bit "too much" at times.
Great game, I absolutely adore seawitch.

Thanks! The previous owner did the LED swap. It does look great. I absolutely suck at it though. This is the only one of my pins where I seem to not be getting any better the more I play it. But I still play it a lot because it’s just such a great game.

#1285 58 days ago
Quoted from Rcarpen22:

Thanks! The previous owner did the LED swap. It does look great. I absolutely suck at it though. This is the only one of my pins where I seem to not be getting any better the more I play it. But I still play it a lot because it’s just such a great game.

It's a cruel game lol. I'm not particularly amazing at it either, but I finally knocked off my friend's high score yesterday, albeit only by 2000 (I tilted away my last ball). I love Seawitch though!

20220607_170039 (resized).jpg

#1286 57 days ago

It's a cruel game lol. I'm not particularly amazing at it either, but I finally knocked off my friend's high score yesterday, albeit only by 2000 (I tilted away my last ball). I love Seawitch though!
[quoted image]

Better than knocks.. When people around hear that bonus go on for longer than it has any business going on for.. Hahaha.. Then some extra wave crashing sounds.. And then shoot again.

#1287 57 days ago
Quoted from Rcarpen22:

[quoted image]

I've met a few people that didn't know about the bonus multiplier qualification process, and that may be what's keeping your scores low. You have three drop target banks, each with a white X insert in front of it. At the start of the game, you need to qualify the bonus multiplier. You do this by dropping all the targets on any one of the three banks. Let's say you drop all of the targets on the center bank next to the upper left flipper (easiest). The large X will light up one of the other banks randomly. Let's say it's the lower bank. You clear all the drops on the lower bank and now you're at 2X. Then one of the other two banks will be lit, drop all those targets and you go to 3X. At this point to get to 4X, you need to qualify any of the drop target banks, then repeat the process of dropping all the targets in the lit bank, rinse and repeat until you get to 7X.

When you start ball three, if your bonus multiplier is greater than 3X, your bonus multiplier will be dropped to 3X at the start of ball three. You then go through the qualification process again, and work to get your bonus multiplier back to 7X.

#1288 57 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The large X will light up one of the other banks randomly. Let's say it's the lower bank.

It's not random. Center bank lower left upper right, every time, repeat.

The multiplier only steps back if you had 6 x or 7x on the previous ball otherwise it carries over.

#1289 57 days ago

^^^^ yeah that's the way mine works

#1290 57 days ago

[quoted image]

I’d take that! I haven’t cracked a million yet and I’ve only been close once.

Quoted from bluespin:

I've met a few people that didn't know about the bonus multiplier qualification process, and that may be what's keeping your scores low.

Thanks! I actually just read up on this a few days ago. Now I spend all my time trying to clear the drops in order, but still having trouble with the upper bank. I think the most times I’ve cleared all banks with one ball is 3. That got me to about 750,000. Lack of talent is my biggest issue

#1291 57 days ago
Quoted from Rcarpen22:

I’d take that! I haven’t cracked a million yet and I’ve only been close once.

Thanks! I actually just read up on this a few days ago. Now I spend all my time trying to clear the drops in order, but still having trouble with the upper bank. I think the most times I’ve cleared all banks with one ball is 3. That got me to about 750,000. Lack of talent is my biggest issue

Seawitch, IMO, is one of the more forgiving of the classic Sterns to play. Keep at it. You will get better. And if you don't get better you can still have a good time since the quarters are "free".

#1292 57 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Seawitch, IMO, is one of the more forgiving of the classic Sterns to play.

Man I dunno. Granted I haven't played ALL the classic sterns but of the ones I have, I put seawitch up there on the challenge scale. I think the kinda funky geometry lends a hand to it being a challenge. Granted, the objectives are pretty straightforward, I just think putting it all together can be a challenge. The consensus, at least from the novice pinball players around here, is that Seawitch is by far the most challenging game in my lineup.

#1293 57 days ago

When it's time to hit the top drops the lower left flipper can hit most. Shooting the left of the center drops from the lower right or upper left can get the harder to reach ones off of the pops.

Still nothing more satisfying than that loop though. Either direction. I wish it was worth more!

#1294 56 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

When it's time to hit the top drops the lower left flipper can hit most. Shooting the left of the center drops from the lower right or upper left can get the harder to reach ones off of the pops.
Still nothing more satisfying than that loop though. Either direction. I wish it was worth more!

There is a custom rom which awards loop / spinner a bit more (dip setting), and also records a GC for the spinner, but for sure, it is a drop target / bonus multiplier game primarily.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-software-for-stern-seawitch

2 weeks later
#1295 40 days ago

Crazy question.
Where do I find the lamp matrix diagram?
Here -- but why is it not with the actual handbook???

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Stern_Seawitch_Tech_Chart.pdf

#1296 40 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Crazy question.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Stern_Seawitch_Tech_Chart.pdf

a lot of those manual are missing sw and matrix diagram. at bet you get numbers on a PF with a list.

#1297 40 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Crazy question.

I'm not sure the question you are asking.

Here is what is on IDPB.org. I would have to get my original manual out to compare but I think all of the pages are here.

For the most part, this set is crisp and readable.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2089/Stern_1980_Seawitch_schematics.pdf.

#1298 40 days ago

manual and schematics.

Neither has a lamp matrix.

Sorry in Stern-speak it's a "controlled lamp chart"

#1299 40 days ago
Quoted from mof:

manual and schematics.

I'm confused. This is what I have used to wire up my lamps. What else is needed?

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.11.33 PM (resized).jpg

#1300 40 days ago
Quoted from mof:

manual and schematics.

That's because these games don't have a "lamp matrix". It is not the Williams columns/row lamp system. Each lamp has an individual control device (SCR). The lamp driver board schematic has all the wiring info needed per cottonm4's post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Machine - For Sale
Hagerstown, MD
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball
There are 1,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!