seaw-ballguide (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_6367673_0 (resized).jpg
2790E18D-3112-4CFC-AB67-6ED1C2DAC8BB (resized).jpeg
CB8A75C8-BFA1-45B2-872F-FFB0BA4B13A9 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230415_143240111 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205100473 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230415_205634213 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.
#51 10 years ago

My Stingray playfield is a little naughty. 100_0922.JPG100_0922.JPG

#52 10 years ago

Love Seawitch, 2nd most played game in my small collection.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I really like the looks of the white pop bumper skirts installed on your Seawitch.

Thanks, Every Bally game I shop I put in all new flippers, all new pop bumper skirts , bodies and caps. For Stern's I put in white when it is appropriate. Stargazer and Seawitch come to mind.

1 month later
#54 10 years ago

I would love a Seawitch. Anyone have one for sale? I have trades.

mike

#55 10 years ago

Never knew old games could look so good.

5 months later
#56 10 years ago

Seawitch gameplay question: Where is the Loop Value displayed, or does it remain constant (outside of being doubled when the 2x Loop Value is lit)?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Seawitch gameplay question: Where is the Loop Value displayed, or does it remain constant (outside of being doubled when the 2x Loop Value is lit)?

The loop value is displayed by the inserts on the loop. Each lit insert scores 1000 points.

#58 10 years ago

I just noticed on IPDB that Bill Pfutzenreuter did the software? The IPDB information must have been recently updated. The only reference i could find was from Pfutz back in 1997. very cool.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#searchin/rec.games.pinball/pfutz$20seawitch/rec.games.pinball/L101qmSwlho/6RiJdQogZI8J

#59 10 years ago

Mr. Pfutzenreuter's homepage has Seawitch listed as the first ever arcade game that he programmed.
http://home.comcast.net/~pfutz/pinball.htm

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

The loop value is displayed by the inserts on the loop. Each lit insert scores 1000 points.

Thanks!

4 months later
#61 9 years ago

Sending in my request to the pinball gods to allow me into this club in the next year...
-mof

#62 9 years ago

Seawitch Lights.jpgSeawitch Lights.jpg

Here's mine, waiting for a new PF from John and a cab repaint, along with other cosmetic upgrades. The mechanicals and connectors have all been rebuilt and used extensively. Fun game.

1 month later
#63 9 years ago

Are you in the club when you OWN it, or when it's in your GARAGE?
=)
-mof

#64 9 years ago

Where's a good place to get a set of 11 drop targets?
-mof

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Are you in the club when you OWN it, or when it's in your GARAGE?

Possession is 9/10ths of the law in CA

#67 9 years ago

What is the official Stern Seawitch plastic/metal acorn?
The one I picked up has the squeezable rubber kind. (I just use those when I'm in the middle of shopping/playing)
-mof

#69 9 years ago

Next SW question -- what's the best kit to use for flipper rebuilds? I see the stock ones at PBL
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2359
-mof

#70 9 years ago

Wondering which set of holes is proper for Seawitch?
I'd like to order before my STI shipment arrives...

-mof

holes.pngholes.png

#71 9 years ago

I'm starting to wonder if we only have a few Seawitch owners on Pinside. Seems kinda quiet in here !

(2500 made)

-mof

1 week later
#72 9 years ago

If someone can identify this piece and take a pic of it for me, it may require removing it from the game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resto-seawitch-mof-20141015
thanks,
mof

missing part.jpgmissing part.jpg

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

If someone can identify this piece and take a pic of it for me, it may require removing it from the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-starswtf-is-this-spinner-doing-here/page/2#post-1850883

#75 9 years ago

I have the good word from Cliffy that he'll give it a shot to reproduce the infamous missing Seawitch shooter lane guide. But -- he'll need a hero that would be willing to ship out the part to him for reproduction.

Hey SW owners, who wants to be a pinball hero?
A few of us just can't play our SW until a generous donor surfaces.

-mof

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I have the good word from Cliffy that he'll give it a shot to reproduce the infamous missing Seawitch shooter lane guide. But -- he'll need a hero that would be willing to ship out the part to him for reproduction.

Cliff is a great guy, I knew he'd hook it up for you. I'll ship one to him this week.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Cliff is a great guy, I knew he'd hook it up for you. I'll ship one to him this week.

Wow, there are some great people in pinball... Seawitch owners thank you !!!
-mof

#78 9 years ago

I would like to join the club.
Picked mine up last month at the local auction game sales auction.
Did some minor repairs and installed a new backglass and its playing great

IMAG1994.jpgIMAG1994.jpg
#79 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I would like to join the club.
Picked mine up last month at the local auction game sales auction.
Did some minor repairs and installed a new backglass and its playing great

Who did you buy your BG from?
-mof

#80 9 years ago

Checking in with my Seawitch. However, mine came in an old Lightning cabinet. 2nd Pin I ever got and will never get rid of it.

IMG_1911[1].JPGIMG_1911[1].JPG IMG_1827[1].JPGIMG_1827[1].JPG
#81 9 years ago

Missing Seawitch part.

Who else needs this part. I may stop by Cliffy's this weekend or next, and he asked how many of these need to be made?

-mof

seawitch part.jpgseawitch part.jpg

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Missing Seawitch part.

I don't need one, but i have considered replacing the flap with thicker spring steel so the ball doesn't spring away from the upper flipper when you make the orbit. It would be cool to be able to repeat the shot.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I don't need one, but i have considered replacing the flap with thicker spring steel so the ball doesn't spring away from the upper flipper when you make the orbit. It would be cool to be able to repeat the shot.

Can you say more about that? This is important info when considering making a better part with Cliffy.
-mof

#84 9 years ago

It sounds like Steve Young HAS the part...
I'm surprised he wasn't asked last time the thread came up...

"Rail with bracket riveted on"
1 X A-667 Ball Guide $6.50ea + Shipping"

-mof

#85 9 years ago

When you get a strong shot around the orbit from the upper right flipper, it will fly around, hit the spring steel, and bounce away from the upper right flipper so you can't make a second shot at the orbit. The spring steel on mine is fairly thin, so it will give a little when the ball comes around the orbit with any velocity. I thought if the spring steel were thicker, it would be able to withstand the ball coming around the orbit. it would require a stronger plunge to put the ball into play through the stronger spring steel, but seems like a trade-off i would be willing to make.

The orbit is not really the focus of the rules, but I find it fun to try to repeat orbit shots for some flow.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

When you get a strong shot around the orbit from the upper right flipper, it will fly around, hit the spring steel, and bounce away from the upper right flipper so you can't make a second shot at the orbit. The spring steel on mine is fairly thin, so it will give a little when the ball comes around the orbit with any velocity. I thought if the spring steel were thicker, it would be able to withstand the ball coming around the orbit. it would require a stronger plunge to put the ball into play through the stronger spring steel, but seems like a trade-off i would be willing to make.
The orbit is not really the focus of the rules, but I find it fun to try to repeat orbit shots for some flow.

CLEAR.

When my part comes from Steve Young, I'll take it to Cliffy's and see if we can improve it.

-mof

#87 9 years ago

All these posts and nothing about Ali !!!!! DMD's all around the house and I go play Classic Sterns. Don't forget about Cheetah and Ali. I think Ill go play Ali !

Leesmall.JPGLeesmall.JPG
#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Slim2013:

All these posts and nothing about Ali !

Son, you are lost -- this is the Seawitch club.
-mof

#89 9 years ago

The Seawitch S Plastic is key above the left drop targets. I have made many and different colors. Blue is nice. Clear is shown.

Splastic.jpgSplastic.jpg
#90 9 years ago

Is anyone planning to make a set of rails for this game when John G. releases the new playfields?
-mof

#91 9 years ago

you can check with Doug Huse of LetsPlayPinball.com, I think he has made rails for Flight 2000 in the past.

#92 9 years ago

Anyone know off hand where the PF GI connectors are on SW?
-mof

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Who did you buy your BG from?
-mof

Picked my backglass up from Marco Specialties. It is a Greatwich Pinball Repro Backglass and it looks awesome.

1 week later
#94 9 years ago

Anyone have a Seawitch or other 1980 Stern transformer schematic?
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2089/Stern_1980_Seawitch_schematics.pdf
found it...
thanks!
-mof

1 week later
#95 9 years ago

I'm trying to improve a few shots:

1. Right flipper to left orbit
2. Left flipper to right orbit

I'm looking at ways make the shots more make-able. I'd say left orbit is like 1/20 and right orbit is like 1/8 or so.

I'm wondering if a shorter upper flipper would help. I'm going to try putting lightning flippers on there or even un-stamped Williams flippers to make them more narrow. I know it's all blasphemy , but every millimeter I can gain to make the game more enjoyable for those upper orbits will help. I'd rather open up the orbits to increase the fun, AND open up the outlanes to increase the brutality.

-mof

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm wondering if a shorter upper flipper would help. I'm going to try putting lightning flippers on there or even un-stamped Williams flippers to make them more narrow. I know it's all blasphemy , but every millimeter I can gain to make the game more enjoyable for those upper orbits will help. I'd rather open up the orbits to increase the fun, AND open up the outlanes to increase the brutality.

Maybe you have the wrong coil stops installed?

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe you have the wrong coil stops installed?

Ah, no all 4 flippers are new Terry rebuilds. This isn't a strength issue. It's an angle issue.

I'm thinking of making a wider open angle by making the flippers shorter. Just experimenting.

I'll upload a pic later to show the flipper tip dangling out in the way.

-mof

#98 9 years ago

Now, for Seawitch, where would one find new round white targets with the blue stars on there?

I found stickers on actionpinball, but I'd be open to go with new switch/target assemblies since these guys take a real beating.

-mof

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ah, no all 4 flippers are new Terry rebuilds. This isn't a strength issue. It's an angle issue.
I'm thinking of making a wider open angle by making the flippers shorter. Just experimenting.
I'll upload a pic later to show the flipper tip dangling out in the way.
-mof

You need more range of motion, or less?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You need more range of motion, or less?

I solved it. I installed lightning flippers here: I'm making far more orbit shots now from the lower 2.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resto-seawitch-mof-20141015/page/3#post-2036389
-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-seawitch-fans-on-pinside/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.