DSCF7561 (resized).JPG
DSCF7559 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210310_234950_470 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210310_234950_399 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210310_234950_467 (resized).jpg
20210310_161634 (resized).jpg
20201226_123150 (resized).jpg
20201224_135616 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 7 years ago

I haven't built any models for quite a few years now, keep threatening to do so just never seem to find the time in between work, pinball, etc. The Katana won a 2nd place back in 2002 at Melbourne Model Expo, Kenny Roberts Yamaha commended the following year. As you can tell by the "Pith Stop" Effie, painting figures is NOT my forte The figures in the M1 Lee were painted/detailed by a mate i will quickly add. I'm always blown away by the detail and skill of other modellers, there are some fantastically talented people out there that's for sure. Might dust off the skills soon cause i want to create a backdrop and road base for my Whodunnit Chevy topper.

Model pics 1 (resized).jpgModel pics 1 (resized).jpg

Model pics 2 (resized).jpgModel pics 2 (resized).jpg

Model pics 3 (resized).jpgModel pics 3 (resized).jpg

Model pics 4 (resized).jpgModel pics 4 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#77 6 years ago

Got inspired by the OP so spent a bit of time finishing off the Dodge Sidewinder i had partially completed ages ago. This is painted in Alclad prismatic sapphire to deep blue UV. Bloody camera picks up every little bit of dust
Military vehicle still needs some extra weathering but mostly completed.

DSC03012 (resized).JPGDSC03012 (resized).JPG
DSC03016 (resized).JPGDSC03016 (resized).JPG
DSC03018 (resized).JPGDSC03018 (resized).JPG
DSC03019 (resized).JPGDSC03019 (resized).JPG
DSC03020 (resized).JPGDSC03020 (resized).JPG

#78 6 years ago

Now THIS is the kit i really want to build but i've been putting it off for years until my skills are adequate, perhaps they never will be to do justice to this beauty though.

DSC03013 (resized).JPGDSC03013 (resized).JPG

2 years later
#116 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks,any suggestions as far as what glue would be best?

I use Revell Contacta Professional glue as i find the applicator small metal tube it has is easier to control the amount of glue to a piece.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea. Last model I built was an aircraft carrier. A few feet long. Filled it with gun powder and floated it across a lake. Hit it with a bottle rocket. BOOM ! I didn't think glue mattered, knowing it's fate

Oh MAN, reading this really took me back to my teens
My brothers and i would build model plane kits, attach them to the Hills Hoist (rotating clothes line) and either set them on fire, try shooting them with a slug gun or in a lot of cases BOTH at the same time

8 months later
#214 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Here's a pretty cool video showing that thing running, it hauls ass!

That's Awesome How many CC's are these?? I used to race on-road 4WD cars and also off-road buggies which were both 3.5cc. The on-road car got turned into a part scratch built dragster. Will have to excuse the condition it's in, been sitting around for many years so it's a bit grimy and the tires have gone to crap but surprised the engine still turns over. Last time i used it i stacked it big time and snapped the rear wing As a 4WD on-road car it would reach speed of about 120kmh.

DSC05221 (resized).JPGDSC05221 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-scale-model-builders-here?tu=mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.