DSCF7561 (resized).JPG
DSCF7559 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210310_234950_470 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210310_234950_399 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210310_234950_467 (resized).jpg
20210310_161634 (resized).jpg
20201226_123150 (resized).jpg
20201224_135616 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

I used to build a HELL of a lot of armor models, some planes, even started competing with them and doing fairly well. Been a while though. Kinda miss it but no room in the shop right now. Can't find a LOT of my pictures at the moment, did find one good one to share.

F4D-09 (resized).JPGF4D-09 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#11 7 years ago

All three are trainers

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

My thing is Star Wars ships - Bandai has an amazing line of accurate model kits.
I also have this full Falcon kit sitting in boxes in my basement, for when my skills improve.
http://www.model-space.com/us/build-millennium-falcon.html
Thanks for cross posting this topic, it's a fun discussion to see who else in the group has similar interests.
Dan

Trying to find out how well the Bandai stuff compares to FineMolds kits. I really wish I had grabbed some of them, kept waiting on an A-Wing and B-wing.

1 month later
#50 7 years ago

Ok, I just HAD to knock one out, and it got me back in the mood.

F-89J in 1/72nd, straight from the Academy kit. Airbrush isn't set up right now so it's all aerosol and brush.
No weathering because I'm not in the mood.

F89-1 (resized).JPGF89-1 (resized).JPG

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I have to know this: How do you procure and apply real rust to a model? That has to be one of the coolest modeling tricks I have ever seen.
Here is a borrowed pic of yours for any body just stumbling into this thread.

Not as hard as you think, mostly just dabbing on layers of various shades of browns, reds, black, etc.... It's all in the color choice, sequence, and brush technique. I'm sure there's some how-to videos on youtube these days.

Another cool one to look into is an NMM finish. Meaning non-metallic metal. A chrome effect without using any metallic or chrome paints.

-Hans

3 years later
#119 4 years ago

For really fine seam lines, my go-to for years has been Tamiya Extra-Thin cement. It's water thin, so it works into even the finest seams, and doesn't have the bulk of any of the Testors/Revell cements. The flip side is the part fit needs to be very good for it to work, it doesn't like gaps.

-Hans

1 week later
#164 4 years ago

Dad always said the B-25 was the most absolute joy of anything he'd ever flown, he was among the last in the Air Force to fly them during his multi-engine training.

-Hans

6 months later
#194 3 years ago

If anybody builds large R/C boats.... I just came into a 1/48 hull/superstructure from Loyalhanna Dockyard for a USS Evarts class DE.

No reasonable offer refused..... shipping will be a bear, it's 6' long.

-Hans

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-scale-model-builders-here?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.