(Topic ID: 282284)

Any savings to buying a routed machine and swapping in new PF?

By Markharris2000

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

So if you get the game for 2k less, 1k of that goes out the window for a new PF right away. So, now you have a complete swap to do for 1k. Unless you're one of those weirdos that needs to extra-clear a brand new cleared PF, add in hundreds more and months of waiting...but I digress.

Really comes down to whether you WANT to do it or not. It's kind of fun, kind of frustrating, very time confusing, there are highs and lows....it's a marathon. Personally, I wouldn't my first swap to be a modern game..,and sure as shit not TZ.
    Sometimes being a check writer has it's benefits.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I saw a TZ at a local small restaurant near me in March which started this whole thought.

Hi, sorry dream crusher here to finish the job.

Here it is 8 months later and it is still sitting in the same corner, COVID took care of that.

Did it? You might be amazed to hear how many people in this thread has some routed games they tried to snag over the years that never worked out. Going to the place, even talking to the owners, hanging around shooting the shit etc etc never to come close (spoilers his wife looked up some prices online).
    I have spend COUNTLESS weekends at my local Ice Cream Parlor*, bowling ally, & Go cart* track trying to butter them up.

Perhaps a call to the owner to squash this fantasy for good.

18% chance you can get hold of him.

Maybe cash flow would be a motivator for him...

THAT'S THE DREAM!!! Reality is he probably paid for the thing 15 years ago so waiting till the business openings up and he goes back to making a small sum a week for no work is enough for most.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go get an ice cream on a go cart.

EDIT: * of course these aren't the actual businesses' that I'm trying to get machines from....I'd never let that info slip....I'm so close to closing the deals!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-savings-to-buying-a-routed-machine-and-swapping-in-new-pf?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.