(Topic ID: 252063)

Any rumors/ thoughts on a Predator Pin?

By MK6PIN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be interested?”

• Yes 32 votes
      36%
    • No 43 votes
      49%
    • Maybe 13 votes
      15%

(88 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

choppa (resized).jpg
    PREDATOR-1987 (resized).jpg
    122B2313-0080-439E-AB45-9F3EF8617103.gif
    20190412_230807 (resized).jpg
    20190412_230943 (resized).jpg
    takemymoney (resized).jpg
    2AA0A55A-0E0E-42F3-90A3-7DC876F9EDE5.gif
    Predator Pinball (resized).jpg
    960x0 (resized).jpg
    8774A426-EB39-408F-BB8A-9A9ACDC30704.gif
    F68A805F-4C45-40E5-B91E-6035705927A8.gif
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Isn't it a FOX (now Disney) license? I've been very content w my lineup, and really couldn't think of a theme that would really entice me to buy.

Then, I thought of Predator......surely I'm not alone....thoughts?

Added a poll...Why not..

#2 4 years ago

As long as it’s based on the original movie I’d be all in. Then people would get my obscure quotes from that movie.

“Over here....”

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

As long as it’s based on the original movie I’d be all in. Then people would get my obscure quotes from that movie.
    “Over here....”

Ditto....so much good material in that movie..seems a legit sci-fi horror theme would be open to all sorts of cool stuff to attack on the playfield...

#4 4 years ago
    F68A805F-4C45-40E5-B91E-6035705927A8.gifF68A805F-4C45-40E5-B91E-6035705927A8.gif8774A426-EB39-408F-BB8A-9A9ACDC30704.gif8774A426-EB39-408F-BB8A-9A9ACDC30704.gif
    #5 4 years ago

not again...

#6 4 years ago

Yep...if some of these other titles keep getting brought up, why not?

#7 4 years ago

Why not...there is history with this title....I believe some folks lost money so some heartburn and sure no one is interested in this same old song and dance.

But if someone did it based on the original film it could be Bad Ass! But it would HAVE to have music/call outs/ and clips from the movie or why bother. Gameplay would have to be excellent and most importantly it would have to be built and ready to ship before people would buy it.

It’s an old theme and not likely to happen by a major manufacturer.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Any thoughts on a "real" predator machine?

Maybe. But only if it has original callouts done by Chris Hansen.

#9 4 years ago

Get to the choppa!!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Why not...there is history with this title....I believe some folks lost money so some heartburn and sure no one is interested in this same old song and dance.

Agreed, hence I put "real" in the title. That pos screwed alot of people.

Dare I say Stern on this one? Might be too aggressive for JJP. I want a legit pinball manufacturer to make one based on the original movie...Could definitely be badass..

#11 4 years ago

If a legit company made it I would definitely be interested dream theme.

#12 4 years ago

Probably won't happen for same reason there won't be a Rambo pinball. The theme is too dated.

And as for dated themes, why not a Princess Bride pinball? The fact that it hasn't been done is inconceivable.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

there won't be a Rambo pinball. The theme is too dated.

960x0 (resized).jpg960x0 (resized).jpgin theaters now...

#14 4 years ago

I would be up for it!

"...anytime..."

#15 4 years ago

I would also be ok with an original story like Sterns Jurassic Park. Make the game hunt down the Predator.....with digitized sounds from the first movie.

#16 4 years ago

Hearing the Predator doing Billy’s laugh on an outlane drain

Or “I ain’t got time to bleed” during a ball save
    The one liners alone would hook me

#17 4 years ago

What's the matter?
    CIA got you pushing too many pencils ?

#18 4 years ago

Someone can do better than I did on this one...make it so.

Predator Pinball (resized).jpgPredator Pinball (resized).jpg
    #19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

The theme is too dated.

I dunno about that, Predator was 1987

Lastest couple pins from Stern, BK3 the original was Black Knight in 1980 and we just got the super expensive Elvira3, EATPM was 1989 but the show started in like 81?

JJP just did Willy Wonka that’s 1971, Predator is the youngest licence/theme from 3 of the most recently released pins this year, let’s get this made Stern!

#20 4 years ago

Arnold is all in on it too!

2AA0A55A-0E0E-42F3-90A3-7DC876F9EDE5.gif2AA0A55A-0E0E-42F3-90A3-7DC876F9EDE5.gif
    #21 4 years ago

Based on the first 2 films would be amazing. I'll happily take it just based on the first or even just the second but both would be great. I'm in unseen on a Pre, next Robocop also based on 1 and 2 same as above applies. Nuke Multiball needs to happen. Then a proper Alien/Aliens pin all by Stern please. Now that a dreamboat of a 3 pin line up for me

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha. That’s commando.

#23 4 years ago

Only if it contains this

#25 4 years ago

It seems like there aren't a whole lot of pinball licenses left, and some are going around for a second time, so it's probably time for someone to look at Predator.

#26 4 years ago

Hell yes!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. That’s commando.

That would be just fine as well, and The Running Man and Total Recall.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I dunno about that, Predator was 1987
    Lastest couple pins from Stern, BK3 the original was Black Knight in 1980 and we just got the super expensive Elvira3, EATPM was 1989 but the show started in like 81?
    JJP just did Willy Wonka that’s 1971, Predator is the youngest licence/theme from 3 of the most recently released pins this year, let’s get this made Stern!

Sort of my take on the "dated" theme. Actually quite new compared to a lot of other current releases.

#29 4 years ago

The whole dated theme thing is horseshit, regardless of when it was made The Predator is a classic, its timeless like Jaws or The Godfather at least to me it is. Also we all know whos buying these pins, it isn't college kids and thank sweet innocent baby jesus for that otherwise the themes would suck big time. A Predator pin would do very well.

#30 4 years ago

W LCD in these new games, imagine hitting some sort of sequence, preparing for a relentless multiball, and he pulls his mask off, revealing that face to do battle!!!

So much good material in that movie...

#31 4 years ago

Sure, if it was made by an established company, from scratch. The Skit-B one was badly designed, with the only endearing feature of it was to swindle people out of pre-order money.

#32 4 years ago

Hazoff gets it!

Predator, Robocop, Running Man, Total Recall, Alien we can all buy, hell while we are at it let’s get a new Terminator pin out! As long as the clearcoats hard I’ll take one of each

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Terminator pin

I'm a big fan of T2 but a dedicated "The Terminator" pin would be greatness

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Only if it contains this

"Stop shaving...you don't have a beard!"

Lololololol. Whoa! That's funny!

#35 4 years ago

"No's" are winning. Am I the only one that really wants a Sci-Fi Horror Pin (yes I grabbed an Alien, but not exactly a pin that can be obtained easily..extremely fortunate there).

I know Kevin poisoned the pool, but the theme itself shouldn't suffer because of it...

(oh well, just sort of gauging interest)......

#36 4 years ago
    takemymoney (resized).jpgtakemymoney (resized).jpg
    #37 4 years ago

Shit-Mask already ruined it.

Did he ever go to jail for his crimes?

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Did he ever go to jail for his crimes?

Haha, no.

#39 4 years ago

I heard a pinsider saw him and gave him a dirty look once.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I know Kevin poisoned the pool, but the theme itself shouldn't suffer because of it...

Oh yeah who cares if Kevin tried to make a Predator and failed, that hasn't deterred my interest in the least. Let go Stern, 2020 3 pins Predator, Alien and Robocop and a Kapow Mad Max The Road Warrior. I'll have to eat sand for a couple years but it will be with a big smile on my face.

#41 4 years ago

With lcd screen, redesign everything and get the license and I’m in. I would love seeing this theme and buy one. Low interest suggests that a boutique, low volume manufacturer is needed.

#42 4 years ago

Predator would be awesome

#43 4 years ago

Gatling Gun topper

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With lcd screen, redesign everything and get the license and I’m in. I would love seeing this theme and buy one. Low interest suggests that a boutique, low volume manufacturer is needed.

Yep...I'm saying NEW design based on the movie..ZY on art, Borg on game, Lyman on the code/ video and audio assets properly used/integrated...A man can dream...wait...I need a moment....

#45 4 years ago

My wife and I played one at MGC last year. Must have been a custom pin I guess.

20190412_230807 (resized).jpg20190412_230807 (resized).jpg20190412_230943 (resized).jpg20190412_230943 (resized).jpg
    #46 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My wife and I played one at MGC last year. Must have been a custom pin I guess.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah you missed it all here on Pinside......

#47 4 years ago

I was in PinCONning this past weekend. Did not see the K-man or any of the spare parts, cabinets etc. Rumor is he has a cannabus store though. No time for me to check them.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My wife and I played one at MGC last year. Must have been a custom pin I guess.[quoted image][quoted image]

No...Not that one...A real machine by a real company...

#49 4 years ago

A Jungle Mow Down Multiball would be amazing. All targets on a frenzy, a stupid amount of balls, the sound of all guns going, almost no point to it just try to hit every single target. It would be so intensely awesome.
    Good god why isn’t this a thing already!!!

#50 4 years ago

Get to the choppa.

122B2313-0080-439E-AB45-9F3EF8617103.gif122B2313-0080-439E-AB45-9F3EF8617103.gif
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-rumors-thoughts-on-a-real-predator-machine?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.