(Topic ID: 229881)

Any repair technicians between Savannah to Charleston?

By Procrastinator

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by Procrastinator
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

There is a LOTR at a friends house that needs some attention and I can’t spend anymore time trying to help. I’m pretty sure it’s something basic, but hopefully someone more experienced could get it figured out. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know as he is ready to pay for it to be fixed inmediately. Thanks!

#2 5 months ago

Can you elaborate on its issue(s)?

#3 5 months ago

Yea, it’s a LOTRLE which had upgraded flipper coils from the factory I believe. 6 months ago the left one died, and I troubleshooted it to the board and replaced a transistor (I think, I forget exactly what it’s called but it worked and was the problem). The flippers would still get weak and super hot on really long games so he ordered the HD coils from pinball life. He installed the new coils, but afterwards they wouldn’t work. I remember there being an issue with the LE’s having a diode downline from the flipper, so I told him to remove the diodes from the new coils and the right started working. The left is still non functioning though and popped two fuses on the main board. I told him to get some fuses and he did, but says it’s still not working.

I technically own the pin and letting it stay at his house while I build a new place. I know enough about electronics to get into trouble, so at this point I would rather pay a tech to come check it out. It’s also got a slight hum when the ring magnet holds a ball and It doesn’t sound normal. Those two things are what I was hoping someone could come check out. It may be something as simple as a transistor or a fuse, but I don’t want to make things worse if it’s something else. It’s about midway between Charleston and savannah in Beaufort, SC. I will pay for whoever’s time and travel and will definitely make it worth it if someone has time over the next few days? I know it’s a busy time for people but figured I’d throw it out there in case anyone was interested. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to give it a shot. Thanks

4 months later
#4 30 days ago

Bump. Anyone know any repair techs in the Jacksonville/Savannah/Charleston area?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 219.99
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, OH
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 41.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside