(Topic ID: 185906)

Any registered users of letgo here? Saw unknown EM game.

By I_P_D_B

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-04-09-06-26-33 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-04-09-06-26-26 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

There is a game in Florida for sale on letgo and it's a game from a Spanish manufacturer that is an "unknown" game:

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/vintage-pinball-machine_9610ba60-21c8-41d8-a0de-0b9b50925a79

Challenge Round by Hispamatic, S.A.

I've contacted a Spanish pinball forum and they have never heard of this game or its manufacturer. They, and I, are a bit surprised that the game would be in Florida yet is unknown to the hobby in Spain. They, and I, are very interested in knowing more about this game.

The seller, regretfully, used a cell phone camera to make the pictures. Sometimes I wonder if that is a sign that the seller is not in the hobby or else they would know that a buyer in the hobby would want a much better look for the price being advertised.

Anyway, when the seller had this game for sale on letgo last January, I was able to register on the letgo site and send him a message asking for better pictures for the IPDB. I never heard back.

This time when I log in and try to send him a message, I get blocked by somebody's server. Dunno why. The problem may be tied to changes in security in our host server, not sure, as there have been apparent changes as of late. I can't imagine that my first and only message to a letgo seller last January would result in punitive action from that website. I may not have time to find out what to resolve, if this letgo ad disappears in the mean time.

If this guy sells his game, who knows if we will ever see one again.

So, here I am.

Is there a registered user of letgo here who could try to message the seller, requesting on my behalf for permission to show his pictures on the IPDB? You could truthfully state that people are interested in his game but wish for better pictures, and the IPDB is happy to show them as part of what we do. So if he could make better ones with a regular digital camera, that would be great, too.

If anyone wants to try this for me, you may want to introduce to the seller that the IPDB is a free hobby website because sellers who do not know of us can jump to the conclusion that we wish to profit at their expense, so they decline or delay, when in reality we are helping them. The introduction can preempt this perception and pave the way. With rare exception, people are quite amenable to providing permission to us and appreciate being asked.

Once he replies to you to say yes, then give him my email address, perhaps munge it as follows, in case their site has filters:

jay at ipdb dot org

or maybe he will prefer to email with you and then you can forward his permission to me. Whatever succeeds.

Thank you in advance.

Jay
    IPDB

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbee:

I was able to message the lister, he replied saying he would give the info about contacting IPDB to his neighbor, who is the owner of the machine.

Thank you. Can't say what he was thinking. We don't care who owns the machine. We only care who made the pictures. Except, now that he sold it, I guess I do care to know who now owns the machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-registered-users-of-letgo-here-saw-unknown-em-game?tu=I_P_D_B and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.