(Topic ID: 188803)

Any recommendations on where to buy under cabinet lighting?

By Ericc123

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have two newer Sterns and a Sega that I want to add under cabinet lighting to but everything I've found seems to be interactive or come with a remote. I just want the one color and to have it come on when I turn the machine on. I believe I'm looking for something that plugs into a GI bulb if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

#2 6 years ago

Disregard, just saw you dont want interactive...

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I have two newer Sterns and a Sega that I want to add under cabinet lighting to but everything I've found seems to be interactive or come with a remote. I just want the one color and to have it come on when I turn the machine on. I believe I'm looking for something that plugs into a GI bulb if I'm not mistaken.
    Thanks in advance,
    Eric

id contact lermods. he will make you the specific color you want with the correct wiring.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

id contact lermods. he will make you the specific color you want with the correct wiring.

I second this. Rob at Lermods.com has helped me on multiple LED lighting options on different pins.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for the referral guys, very much appreciated. He wants them for spike games and thats not where I specialize so I referred him to Mezel, who does specialize in spike. I typically only make mods for games I own, have owned or have close access to. This greatly helps with quality control and fit. Thanks again, you are in great hands with Mezel.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

Contact Cointaker http://cointaker.com/ they make under cab kits, I'm sure they have something that would work for your specific needs...

Phoebe

#7 6 years ago

I also make static under-cab kits for all Sterns including DE and Sega. Nothing listed on my site or in my Pinside shop. Most anyone who makes under-cab kits will make a static 1 color with a PM or email.

#8 6 years ago

Than you could also go to a local sams club and get a $20 kitmarketed by Hoover, yep the sweeper folks that has five like undercabinet lights in it that can be white blue or red, works on batteries, has a remote for $20

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Than you could also go to a local sams club and get a $20 kitmarketed by Hoover, yep the sweeper folks that has five like undercabinet lights in it that can be white blue or red, works on batteries, has a remote for $20

I'm specially trying to avoid the ones with remotes that need plugged into an outlet. I want it to turn on with the machine. Lermods PM'd me and set me on the right path. Thanks to him and everyone else who helped by posting in this thread.

#10 6 years ago

Care to share what that path is for others (including myself) that might be interested also?

4 weeks later
    #11 6 years ago

So let me start of by saying that I really appreciate all of the help thus far. I ended up ordering three undercab/backbox combo kits from Mezel Mods and they have been wonderful to deal with. A special thanks again to Lermods who pointed me in their direction, which takes a great guy to help someone getting nothing in return. My kits arrived, and I'm trying to install them, but I'm running into some problems. Each kit came with three LED strips, two for under the cabinet, and one for the back box. The instructions on their website said that they plug into the 12V connector close to the coin door, which I found with no problem. My issue is how do I plug three strips into one receptacle? Do I need to go purchase a splitter somewhere? If I have to purchase one do I need to worry about voltage plugging three strips into one spot?

Any help is appreciated, and I will be sure to post pictures when I am done. On a side note, I did contact the help desk at Mezel Mods, but I was hoping to finish this project this weekend.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

So let me start of by saying that I really appreciate all of the help thus far. I ended up ordering three undercab/backbox combo kits from Mezel Mods and they have been wonderful to deal with. A special thanks again to Lermods who pointed me in their direction, which takes a great guy to help someone getting nothing in return. My kits arrived, and I'm trying to install them, but I'm running into some problems. Each kit came with three LED strips, two for under the cabinet, and one for the back box. The instructions on their website said that they plug into the 12V connector close to the coin door, which I found with no problem. My issue is how do I plug three strips into one receptacle? Do I need to go purchase a splitter somewhere? If I have to purchase one do I need to worry about voltage plugging three strips into one spot?
    Any help is appreciated, and I will be sure to post pictures when I am done. On a side note, I did contact the help desk at Mezel Mods, but I was hoping to finish this project this weekend.

We are at a show in Denver this weekend and haven't had the chance to reply to your request. It sounds like you may be missing the splitter that is included.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-recommendations-on-where-to-buy-under-cabinet-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.