(Topic ID: 219140)

Any Recommendations for a MultiCade machine?

By TheGunnett

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 5 years ago

I’m very interested in getting an Arcade machine with lots of classic games. I’ve seen ones with 6 games , 13, 60, 400 and up to 1,162. I want more than PAC-Man and Donkey Kong. I see some have Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, TMNT, TheSimpsons, NBA Jam and then 1,000 games I’ve never heard of. Apparently you can build your own and download whatever games you want. I don’t know if they are bootleg versions or actually Licensed games. Anyone have any recommendations or warning of ones to stay away from. Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

Get and arcade legends and upgrade pack. Best bang for the buck.

#3 5 years ago

Friends don’t let friends multicade....

#4 5 years ago

Do a search as there are tons of threads on it. Basically it comes down to buying one that is complete and easy to use, or building your own and having thousands of games. The problem with thousands of games is you have thousands of games.

The games are real and the actual files.

#5 5 years ago

Arcade legends of probably the easiest one. The problem with a lot of Mame customs is that they aren't as easy to navigate as you would like. Many people making mame systems claim they have the copyright from games but in reality they are all pirates.

#7 5 years ago

So most examples of multicades are emulation. They don't play perfectly and are in violation of copyright laws. Just tossing that out there. So with that said, in my opinion the best setup is still Hyperspin. Some consider it outdated, but when setup correctly the user interface is the best looking. Set it up with themes and video snaps. I also do agree with what some others have alluded to, on a system with 1000's of games, selection paralysis is real. For an arcade, I would stick with just your favorite arcade games. Add them a few games at a time and make sure they are working. Don't worry about it playing every console or every arcade game. They just get in the way. If you eventually want something to emulate consoles, spend another $50-$100 and build a retropie with controllers. Better yet, get the consoles. The main benefit of emulation is to save on space, which is at a premium when were talking about dedicated arcade cabinets. Not nearly as big of a deal with consoles. Same thing goes with the control panel...simplicity is your friend. A simple six button setup can play 99% of the games. Don't waste your efforts on the 1%.

#8 5 years ago

I would also say not to worry aboot a spinner and just go trackball if you go that direction

1 year later
#9 4 years ago

Did you ever buy the Multicade?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-recommendations-for-a-multicade-machine?hl=looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.