• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gappage_(resized).jpg
flip_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160410_204930_(resized).jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I'll be interviewing him tomorrow for a magazine. If you have any questions you'd like asked, let me know and I'll try to get them in. (Esp. if they involve Ghostbusters).

#2 8 years ago

Is there a game he would wish to revisit?
Since his nickname is DR flash, how fast is he at designing compared to other designers?
What is his favorite toy in pinball?

Axl

#3 8 years ago

Can you ask him if he has (or plans to) add any "Easter Eggs" into GB Pro or BGLE/Prem?
I had a flintstones for a long time that had some fun hidden Easter eggs. Including one of him telling his wife he loves her.

#4 8 years ago

What new innovations he sees emerging (and not just LCD, more stuff that effects playing)?
Which game he likes the most?
How long is the design process, and what are the key steps?

#5 8 years ago

Is Judge Dredd really a $1400 game?

#6 8 years ago

Why doesn't CFTBL have a 3 ball multiball? There are 3 balls installed.

#7 8 years ago

When will he post photos of the Beatles playfield design?

Has he ever thought about adopting a child? I'm 42 but young at heart!

Big fan. Trudeau Rulez!

#8 8 years ago

I've always been curious about his years as a designer during the Gottlieb days. Looking through some of his "lost" designs is pretty fun. While not necessarily a question, I'd like to hear what some of his best unused designs were.

Additionally, some of his lost designs were complex enough to really keep up with the competition at the time, but Gottlieb chose to discard them for budget reasons, and went with much cheaper, easily forgotten titles. Had they kept up with the competition and produced the more complex games Trudeau had designed, do you think, that in hindsight, that it would've changed the tides in their favor for Gottlieb at the time?

#9 8 years ago

Does he have an Alien Star pinball in his personal collection and if or if not, what's his top score on that game? Any other interesting tidbits or thoughts on Alien Star he'd like to offer? What are his top 5 favorite pinball machines he's created?

#10 8 years ago

1. How did the work of genius that is TX-Sector come to fruit?

2. What can he say about his designs for the 2 International Concepts cocktail pins?

3. Is the pin underneath one of John's designs? It's a Hot Fire Birds by German manufacturer NSM. Looking at the playfield (underside as well), it looks like it has been made inhouse by Gottlieb, though.

Hot Fire BirdsHot Fire Birds

#11 8 years ago

with Bride of Pinbot being in the stop gap between System 11 and WPC for Williams, was a DMD ever in the plans for it like the BOP 2.0? Thoughts on BOP 2.0

#12 8 years ago

flip_(resized).jpgflip_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago

when will he finally get to do the Beatles!?

#14 8 years ago

What's goin' on with the inlane/outlane situation on Ghostbusters? What's up with that?

#15 8 years ago

Why no ecto 1 toy in gb?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

flip_(resized).jpg

Flipper gap? You get used to it after a while.

gappage_(resized).jpggappage_(resized).jpg

#17 8 years ago

Not a question but just a comment try to tell him the people out there really love his Mustang pin

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Flipper gap? You get used to it after a while.

gappage_(resized).jpg

Is that a DreddCracker?

#19 8 years ago

If he could own any five machines from other designers (not designed by him), which five would he own?

Did he work with the original Gottlieb family, and what was that like? If so, were they involved in his designs?

What are his favorite three or five musical bands?, (not including the ones he has been a part of)

What is his favorite pizza made in a wood-fired outdoor oven?

Does he miss any part of designing exercise equipment?

#20 8 years ago

Keep 'em coming guys. Will be sure to credit Pinside forum for suggesting some questions/conversation topics as well.

#21 8 years ago

I'd like to know how you decide on making a 2-flipper game vs. a 3+ flipper game.

Is it a layout that dictates it or do you have an idea from the get go?

How many designs have you scribbled on napkins at lunch?

#22 8 years ago

What is the next show we can see him speak at and party with his fans!

#23 8 years ago

Who would win in a fight, Creech or a Terror Dog from GB?

#24 8 years ago

Does he know where the KISS code is?

#25 8 years ago

What were the reason(s) why the production run for Gottlieb Touchdown was about half the number of other titles that came before and after it?

#26 8 years ago

I love Touchdown ... Tell him that as well !

#27 8 years ago

my questions have been covered but looking forward to the story, please update with what questions were asked and where can read / listen to the results.

#28 8 years ago

-How would you describe your type of playfield design?

-Which designers influenced you the most?

-What other elements have influenced your design? (Architectural plans, nature, machinery, etc)

#29 8 years ago

He is my favorite designer. About to own 3 of his games. Looking forward to reading the interview.

#30 8 years ago

I apologize in advanced if this has been covered in the GB thread (cant keep up) the topper we see in the GB pro video.....prototype, or finished product?

Also, why no love for Zepplin??

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from scp:

I'll be interviewing him tomorrow for a magazine. If you have any questions you'd like asked, let me know and I'll try to get them in. (Esp. if they involve Ghostbusters).

What magazine?

#32 8 years ago

What games does he own? Which games did he design that he owns?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Does he know where the KISS code is?

Shocked it took until post 24..

#34 8 years ago

Thank you for asking. I have a few questions regarding Ghostbusters.

The magnetic slings are a first for a pinball machine. How do the magnetic slings enhance gameplay on the premium and LE?

On the premium and LE the Slimer toy is said to be offer additional ranges of motion over the version in the pro. How does each version of the toy differ between the models?

In regards to licensing was it challenging to receive approval from all of the actors?

There are a lot of rumors regarding an official Stern add-on for the game where plastic placeholders in the outlanes currently reside. Can you comment on the add-on?

#35 8 years ago

Dies the slimer toy on the LE/premium move up and down or only left to right?

#36 8 years ago

Which pin would he like to see a remake of.

#37 8 years ago

Another statement letting him know mustangs an awsome pin!!!

#38 8 years ago

What kind of game is more challenging to design; one with ramps or one without ramps?

#39 8 years ago

Just spoke to John. Was a great chat and he was very open and excited to chat all-things-pin. Snuck several of the question suggestions in, and will paste story when it's online early next week. Hope y'all enjoy it. May dig into interview and put a few select tidbits here prior to the story going online as well...

#40 8 years ago

One fun tidbit: There's a mode in Ghostbusters where the flippers switch controls (sort of like the Simpsons one). He said the best way to play—or at least how he does it—it is to cross your arms

#41 8 years ago

Awesome. Looking forward to reading the story!

#42 8 years ago

Wood or Steel coasters... oh wait... I know the answer already as we went to Kennywood together last year....

#43 8 years ago

Apologies if these things have been reported elsewhere, but confirmed the following re: proton beams:
John says:
"We developed proton beams for the game, but unfortunately due to budget constraints, they've been left off the games. They looked pretty cool, but we had to draw the line somewhere or else we'd be giving people $10,000 pinball machines and they wouldn't like that... It was an image that moved out from the side of the board. Of course, you didn't want to cross the streams. You would control them a little in or out and once you did cross the streams, it would go into a different mode altogether. Nothing much was developed past the rudimentary stages because we knew they weren't going to go into the game."

#44 8 years ago

Also confirmed an Easter egg that appears a few times in the new game is John's recently passed black cat. See if you can spot it.

#45 8 years ago

Cool did you get any more info on the infamous sings!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Cool did you get any more info on the infamous sings!

There is a short video of the slings in action on Stern's facebook page.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from scp:

Apologies if these things have been reported elsewhere, but confirmed the following re: proton beams:
John says:
"We developed proton beams for the game, but unfortunately due to budget constraints, they've been left off the games. They looked pretty cool, but we had to draw the line somewhere or else we'd be giving people $10,000 pinball machines and they wouldn't like that... It was an image that moved out from the side of the board. Of course, you didn't want to cross the streams. You would control them a little in or out and once you did cross the streams, it would go into a different mode altogether. Nothing much was developed past the rudimentary stages because we knew they weren't going to go into the game."

Very interesting. Did John say if there some type of proton beam toy coming as an add on for the game?

#48 8 years ago

will all the playfield still come with the holes for the proton beam as that may suggest that it might be still possible?

#49 8 years ago

Ask when his next trip to the SBCC is... i'm ready for some kennywood

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from scp:

Also confirmed an Easter egg that appears a few times in the new game is John's recently passed black cat. See if you can spot it.

Nice! I love when designers (especially JT) include little personal tidbits into their creations. Adds a nice real life element into games. If you're reading this , thanks JT!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-questions-for-john-trudeau and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.