7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by VisitorQ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

420531_3847012218750_686907826_n.jpg
    468502_3687904281151_220117602_o.jpg
    411QBqzwDOL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246.jpg
    IMG_2714.JPG
    jello_playing_pinball.jpg
    gibby.jpg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

Heard these tracks at my grocery store today, and boy, it made my day. Ramones are timeless!!!

#52 7 years ago

Bumping the thread, I also want to point out that some punk bands like the Clash, had some reggae influences into their songs. This Toots and the Maytals cover is my favorite by them. In fact, I think both the original and this one are very good and the Clash knew how to take a song and make it their own.

#53 7 years ago

Don't forget G.B.H. "City Baby Attacked by Rats". I named an art project "The GBH 2000" It was a contraption that was a small trampoline attached to your feet with some poles for balance.

For those who don't know GBH stands for "guaranteed bodily harm".

The days of spiky big hair.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from MES:

Almost. GBH stands for Grievous Bodily Harm, a criminal charge in Great Brittan.

That is why the band used to be named "Charged GBH" for the first few albums.

Sometime in the mid 80's they shortened it to just GBH...

#55 7 years ago

The movie Girl With the Dragon Tattoo just reminded me of the long forgotten German band Belfegore:

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Bouncing Souls, Operation Ivy, Bad Religion, Rancid, NOFX, Throw Rag, Reagan Youth.... All great stuff. I've been collecting video bootlegs, Operation Ivy and Reagan Youth stuff is the hardest to find.

I saw Reagen Youth play Rock against Reagen in DC back in 86-87. Best live show I have ever seen, the place was crazy and someone punched a police horse starting a semi-riot. F'ing crazy.

Beautiful day for a BBQ.

#57 7 years ago

This thread messed me up more than any other thread on Pinside. I listened to more punk music in the last 3 days or so, than probably in the last 30 yrs combined. Some is great! Other songs/bands I can only take so much. Long live rock n roll. Anyhow, some great posts in this thread.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from MES:

Don't forget G.B.H. "City Baby Attacked by Rats". I named an art project "The GBH 2000" It was a contraption that was a small trampoline attached to your feet with some poles for balance.
    The days of spiky big hair.

Man that brought back some memories, I had this album back in high school.

#59 7 years ago

Belfegore vid kicks major A
    I can almost see myself crashing through the drum kit
    and perhaps help turn over a few cop cars latter on.......

#60 7 years ago

Negative Approach, Meatmen, Antiseen, Almighty Lumberjacks of Death, Beer Whores, Blood for Blood, SOIA, Cromags, Agnostic Front, H20.

Big Fan of Oldschool Oi! as well.. Cock sparrer, Last Resort, The Oppressed, The Business, ect....

ETA: Doc Dart's mom was my dad's secretary....

#61 7 years ago

Anybody here heard of the Cows or The Jesus Lizard? Not sure if they'd be classified as punk or something else. I love em' though. They were great to see live.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Bumping the thread, I also want to point out that some punk bands like the Clash, had some reggae influences into their songs. This Toots and the Maytals cover is my favorite by them. In fact, I think both the original and this one are very good and the Clash knew how to take a song and make it their own.

The clash are timeless and probably my favorite band ever. This thread rules.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Juggernaut:

Big Fan of Oldschool Oi! as well.. Cock sparrer, Last Resort, The Oppressed, The Business, ect....

a cocksparrer record is in my car right now!

"take'em all take'em all, line um up againt the wall and shoot them"

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from MES:

The only problem with punk on a jukebox is you 3 songs are over in about 5 min.

Not if one of the songs is "The Decline".

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Not if one of the songs is "The Decline".

There's a lot of tracks that are around 3 to 4 minutes. Here's a Toy Dolls track from a gig in Japan.

#66 7 years ago

Get your moneys worth on the jukebox with this

And throw it down the drain with this (only because its so short):

#67 7 years ago

Also, I'm going to see the Dead Milkmen tomorrow, cannot wait!

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Belfegore vid kicks major A

Indeed it does.

Although without a doubt, the greatest video ever made in the history of rock is by another German band; Rammstein (NSFW, make sure you watch the entire thing):

http://www.redtube.com/25232

4 months later
    #69 7 years ago

UK Subs, Exploited, Operation Ivy, Ramones, D.I., the Queers, The Vandels, Pennywise, but can't think of one band that did a pinball song.

#70 7 years ago

Mark of Cain

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Awesome!!! Yup, in Baltimore we had the Marble bar, Loft and DC it was the 9:30 club. Grew up in the scene and still a PUNK ; )

Hey dude, Nate here in Baltimore. Damn, I also frequented (well, a few times) Marble Bar and Loft! I was in High School and able to catch Black Flag, D.R.I. at the Loft and Gov't Issue, etc at the Marble. Won tickets from the Towson WCVT radio show Pandora's Box (remember that?) to see DK in DC for their FrankenChrist tour.

Great stuff, still a punker, listen to it while working out - although sporting grey hair now!!

Damn, hanging out with Jello - I hate you! hahaha! DK is the best, intelligent stuff, always thought Jello was spot on - hated to see what happened between him and the rest of the band.

There IS a Ramones "one-off" pinball machine I've seen through YouTube...........they did a great job.

#72 7 years ago

Ska + Punk = Operation Ivy

#73 7 years ago

Had an opportunity to hang out with Tesco Vee (Meatmen) & Jeff Clayton (ANTiSEEN)

468502_3687904281151_220117602_o.jpg 420531_3847012218750_686907826_n.jpg

#74 7 years ago

shameless plug for my punk-zine http://www.belchinwaffles.com

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

UK Subs, Exploited, Operation Ivy, Ramones, D.I., the Queers, The Vandels, Pennywise, but can't think of one band that did a pinball song.

Rancid, Olympia WA mentions pinball

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Rancid, Olympia WA mentions pinball

Where we played a lonely pinball machine........Hangin on the corner of 52nd and broadway

I havent heard that song in a long time but man do i love it!!

#77 7 years ago

Punk rock has been my first love for 20+ years now. Favorite current punk rock band that I've seen lately: Off With Their Heads

#78 7 years ago

Love punk, both old and new.

#79 7 years ago

Ahh....Jello Biafra. I have a good friend who got his front teeth kicked out by him at one of their shows in the early 80s, and simply because he was in the front row. To this day my friend wants to kick his teeth in. (Eye for an eye if you will)

#80 7 years ago

Damn! I was just listening to the Repo Man soundtrack for the first time in a decade today! Your pictures have put a smile on my face!

(It's a swindle!)

#81 7 years ago

OFF!

#82 7 years ago

Jello on the Genie? Sweet! DK is classic. Loved his Lard records too!

#83 7 years ago

Shoreline Amphitheatre Mountain View CA. August 27th 1996

The SEX PISTOLS! with Gravity Kills.

Yes I was there and got to see the the band with all of the original members. How was the concert? AWESOME!

If your into punk and and do not like the Sex Pistols then Johnny Rotten says it best "I think it's about time you changed your brain!"

Simply the best punk band of all time. R.I.P. Sid & Nancy.

Ken.

#84 7 years ago

Lots of great posts in this thread! My pinball/punk claims to fame are having played pinball with members of Nomeansno, The Dickies, and The Briefs among many other lesser-knowns.

Also, these bands are definitely more metal than punk, but in the ballpark -- both Portland's Red Fang and Seattle's Black Breath both have members who are heavily into pinball. Red Fang even drove a car into a Stern Galaxy at the end of one of their videos. Don't worry, it was a lost cause and all good parts were pulled from it first. Note the CFF (Portland's "pinball gang") tag on it!

#85 7 years ago

Just watched Repo Man movie (1984) again last week. It was on some cable channel. One of my favorite movies. I still have a VHS copy, ha-ha. The music soundtrack is great. Check it out.

#86 7 years ago

OFF!

Quoted from Juggernaut:Had an opportunity to hang out with Tesco Vee (Meatmen) & Jeff Clayton (ANTiSEEN)

Meatmen Stomp!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 157.00
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside