View topic image gallery

Step 4 (resized).png
CPU Board S.A.M. (resized).png
44249350-ECB2-4027-BB96-C243688A9A38 (resized).jpeg
backbox-tiny (resized).jpg
20171228_154540 (resized).jpg
20170222_090625.jpg
20170221_173306.jpg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
#102 2 years ago

Very well done. More and more options out there for POTC.

1 month later
#103 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the best topper I've found for PotC. You can wire up the eyes to light up in concert with the machine if you want since it already has lights in the eyes...
[quoted image]
Available on ebay all the time for $20-30 on auctions like this:
ebay.com link: Disney Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Skull Jack Sparrow Light Up Red Eyes

PinMonk I have this exact same topper for mine. Thought about adding a model of the black pearl or something to go with it.

3 months later
#104 2 years ago

Just got a new PotC machine, running 6.0 factory gamecode, and started reading this thread about updating the movie code. Found a couple I'd like to try, but having a basic problem before I even get to the USB stick.

I have confirmed the machine has the BOOT ROM installed in the socket, and then switched SW8 to ON. When I power-up or hit the white button, I get the message "12V Not Detected" on the display, and no menu system. I have not even installed the USB stick into the USB jack, so I think I must be doing something wrong. The machine works fine when SW8 is off and everything is normal.

Any suggestions?

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just got a new PotC machine, running 6.0 factory gamecode, and started reading this thread about updating the movie code. Found a couple I'd like to try, but having a basic problem before I even get to the USB stick.
I have confirmed the machine has the BOOT ROM installed in the socket, and then switched SW8 to ON. When I power-up or hit the white button, I get the message "12V Not Detected" on the display, and no menu system. I have not even installed the USB stick into the USB jack, so I think I must be doing something wrong. The machine works fine when SW8 is off and everything is normal.
Any suggestions?

Update: Replaced the V1.06 boot chip with a fresh new V3.1 chip from Matt's Arcade and the code update process now works!!!! Now it’s time to start trying a couple of the custom codes available here in this thread...

4 weeks later
#106 2 years ago

I posted this in the owners thread but I figured I'd post it here too since it is more relevant here:

I'm working on compiling notes for every sound request in the game, how long the sound is, the script hexadecimals, and what needs to occur for the sound to trigger in game.

Here's a view only link. I'm working on it on and off, using the latest code from stern's website as the baseline and using the bookmarks in pinball browser. I just got my POTC the other week so a lot of the sounds are listed under notes as "Not sure where this is used" because I don't recognize a lot of them so I'm sorry about that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1toKDxEc6fgaMYlluHsLcmhfCHY_34ObI9HNyiMb8wvg/edit?usp=sharing

1 month later
4 weeks later
#108 2 years ago
Quoted from sbskins:

I posted this in the owners thread but I figured I'd post it here too since it is more relevant here:
I'm working on compiling notes for every sound request in the game, how long the sound is, the script hexadecimals, and what needs to occur for the sound to trigger in game.
Here's a view only link. I'm working on it on and off, using the latest code from stern's website as the baseline and using the bookmarks in pinball browser. I just got my POTC the other week so a lot of the sounds are listed under notes as "Not sure where this is used" because I don't recognize a lot of them so I'm sorry about that.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1toKDxEc6fgaMYlluHsLcmhfCHY_34ObI9HNyiMb8wvg/edit?usp=sharing

I assume 78/79 are when Kraken is activated? (Seagull/splash). Also a splash noise when the 4x, 5x happens on dmd

Also I don't see-
"look at all those arms!"
"Why is the Rum always gone?"
Liars dice shaking in wooden cup and dice roll sounds

1 month later
#109 1 year ago

Markharris2000 Hey! I haven't had much time work work on this list as of late, but I intend to get back to it whenever I have some free time this summer. And I appreciate that note, Morgoth00 I'll have to add that when I can. As for the ones you don't see, I probably haven't gotten that far down the list yet.

#110 1 year ago

Sharing my custom rom that I made with PinballBrowser. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pscd9r6v7CBMpOaqIjIxUYpngDGpqacQ?usp=sharing
I went with a movie soundtrack theme. I personally like most of the callouts in the game, just was looking to change the music and some of the sound effects. I modified the pirate standups to play sword fight sounds as I never really liked the default. I also modified the slingshots that sounded more like phasers than guns/cannon. They now sound like cannons. I added the actual sound files that I used to the shared folder along with a spreadsheet of the requests that were modified. I have listed the names of the sound files so that if you like some but not others, you can download them and add them to your own to make it you own style. I used sbskins listing as a template to try to make a consistent request listing.

3 weeks later
#111 1 year ago

mumble5 Hi, pardon my ignorance (I am really new to modding pins and have never done sound mods) but is there a thread explaining (hopefully) step-by-step how to install such sound files? Is it using Pinball Browser (only this needed or something else)?
I'm a little lost through many posts discussing sound roms in Pinside which assume some basic knowledge I do not possess. Really appreciate it! Cheers.

#112 1 year ago

For potc if you are using one of the files that are being shared that someone has made you are really just installing it as a firmware upgrade following Sterns upgrade procedure from a usb drive.
If you want to make your own you would use pinball browser to open the original firmware file or an already edited one and modify it there and then install.
That’s the overview. I did mine a couple years ago. Couldn’t tell you the steps but just followed instructions and it went smoothly.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

mumble5 Hi, pardon my ignorance (I am really new to modding pins and have never done sound mods) but is there a thread explaining (hopefully) step-by-step how to install such sound files? Is it using Pinball Browser (only this needed or something else)?
I'm a little lost through many posts discussing sound roms in Pinside which assume some basic knowledge I do not possess. Really appreciate it! Cheers.

Just grab a fat32 usb drive, copy the *.bin file that you want to use to the drive and follow the steps below:
Step 1) Open the Back Box
Step 2) On the CPU/Sound board set Dip Switch #8 to "ON".
Step 3) Press the white Reset Button (S1 RESET) or power cycle the game.
Step 4) The DMD should show the current software version installed. Press the "SELECT" button on the inside of the coin door to continue.
Step 5) Highlight the "UPDT" icon on the display and press "SELECT".
Step 6) The game will prompt you to insert the USB Memory Stick.
Step 7) Pick the correct file on the USB drive and press the "SELECT" Button.
Step 8 ) Follow the directions on the display.

These instructions are also on page 2 of the POTC manual, if you have it.
CPU Board S.A.M. (resized).pngCPU Board S.A.M. (resized).pngStep 4 (resized).pngStep 4 (resized).png

#114 1 year ago

Thanks SunMonkeyAZ and mumble5 for the response. I didn't realize the files uploaded here were ready to be use as a firmware update (btw, I don't have the original potc manual). Many threads (in other forums) talk a lot about the pinball browser and wasn't sure how to apply the new .bin into the original one. Really appreciate it! Cheers!

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from mumble5:

Just grab a fat32 usb drive, copy the *.bin file that you want to use to the drive and follow the steps below:
Step 1) Open the Back Box
Step 2) On the CPU/Sound board set Dip Switch #8 to "ON".
Step 3) Press the white Reset Button (S1 RESET) or power cycle the game.
Step 4) The DMD should show the current software version installed. Press the "SELECT" button on the inside of the coin door to continue.
Step 5) Highlight the "UPDT" icon on the display and press "SELECT".
Step 6) The game will prompt you to insert the USB Memory Stick.
Step 7) Pick the correct file on the USB drive and press the "SELECT" Button.
Step 8 ) Follow the directions on the display.
These instructions are also on page 2 of the POTC manual, if you have it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think this is' sticky' worthy.

#116 1 year ago

Note: There is a small chance that the boot firmware installed in your machine may not be able to reflash firmware properly. I have a November-2006 PotC and it shipped with v1.6 boot rom which would not properly flash any updates. I had mattsarcade send me a $10 V3.1 boot rom and viola!! The boot process mentioned above worked great.

Try your existing boot rom first, but if it fails to fread the USB stick, you may just require a simple 2-minute new boot rom chip swap first.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Note: There is a small chance that the boot firmware installed in your machine may not be able to reflash firmware properly. I have a November-2006 PotC and it shipped with v1.6 boot rom which would not properly flash any updates. I had mattsarcade send me a $10 V3.1 boot rom and viola!! The boot process mentioned above worked great.
Try your existing boot rom first, but if it fails to fread the USB stick, you may just require a simple 2-minute new boot rom chip swap first.

This is a very good point. I had to use this example posted by Markharris2000 for my POTC. The process would not work until I installed a new v3.1 boot rom.

4 weeks later
#118 1 year ago

I have added a couple more custom code files. These are "Much More Better" as far as having more of theme and callouts from the movies. Still more to come but the new file is named potc0600mmbv2.bin. I have also uploaded the same one with an alternate ending theme, (Davey Jones musicbox), potc0600mmbv2_alt1. I have added the modified sound files in the Sound Files folder. (Just for sharing purposes. Only the .bin file is needed to flash the ROM.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pscd9r6v7CBMpOaqIjIxUYpngDGpqacQ?usp=sharing

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from mumble5:

I have added a couple more custom code files. These are "Much More Better" as far as having more of theme and callouts from the movies. Still more to come but the new file is named potc0600mmbv2.bin. I have also uploaded the same one with an alternate ending theme, (Davey Jones musicbox), potc0600mmbv2_alt1. I have added the modified sound files in the Sound Files folder. (Just for sharing purposes. Only the .bin file is needed to flash the ROM.)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pscd9r6v7CBMpOaqIjIxUYpngDGpqacQ?usp=sharing

I appreciate this effort and will be updating to your code over the coming week or so! From my perspective, more movie tie-ins are better especially on this Disney licensed theme!

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from mumble5:

Very cool of you!
Looking forward to see what more you come out with.

10 months later
#121 10 months ago

Question: I just bought a POTC with rom 6.0
If I will install this code, the existing one will messed up or both can coexist???

Quoted from mumble5:

#122 10 months ago
Quoted from A1k71:

If I will install this code, the existing one will messed up or both can coexist???

They won't coexist. The flash process will overwrite the existing, but if you want to go back to the 6.0 factory rom, you can download it from the Stern website, (If you don't have it already). Copy it to the usb drive and follow same flash upgrade process to install. It will then overwrite the custom one and you will be back to the 6.0 rom.

#123 10 months ago
Quoted from A1k71:

If you have any difficulty reflashing, there are some early boot ROMs that can’t handle larger code. I think v3.1 boot ROM is the latest SAM code. Matt’s Arcade Basement can supply the latest boot rom if needed for about $20 or so…

3 months later
#124 6 months ago

Just got a POTC and am curious if anyone is sharing customized code with movie or Disneyland ride clips integrated? Thanks so much!

4 months later
#125 64 days ago

I know this is an old post, but I am in the process of purchasing a POTC pin.

I believe that the latest code for this machine if Version 6.

What is the best modified Version 6 firmware enhanced with music and/or movie cuts?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#126 49 days ago

Ahoy There, Mateys!

I have been having a few people contact me for my Disney POTC ride theme code. So I figured I repost it. Please see link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sWbYSNfytzLZnqkIwypM66sZaYca9Xvh/view?usp=drive_link

#127 49 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Ahoy There, Mateys!
I have been having a few people contact me for my Disney POTC ride theme code. So I figured I repost it. Please see link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sWbYSNfytzLZnqkIwypM66sZaYca9Xvh/view?usp=drive_link

thanks for posting. Access requested.

#128 49 days ago
Quoted from Frogman:

thanks for posting. Access requested.

Access granted. Enjoy.

#129 48 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Ahoy There, Mateys!

Great job with the code pal!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 218.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-potc-custom-codes/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.