View topic image gallery

Step 4 (resized).png
CPU Board S.A.M. (resized).png
44249350-ECB2-4027-BB96-C243688A9A38 (resized).jpeg
backbox-tiny (resized).jpg
20171228_154540 (resized).jpg
20170222_090625.jpg
20170221_173306.jpg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

I think I got it

Put dip 8 back to on with usb in and starting the whole process over.

Hopefully this goes well!

#52 6 years ago

Hope it goes well

This may sound strange, but if it happens again check your plafield fuse in the backbox
Mine once blew after quick on and of

Keep us posted

#53 6 years ago

Has anyone else tried the last file that Teddy shared?

I noticed on the second attempt it goes through step one of the code update but doesn’t advance to step 2 so basically removed old code and didn’t install new version.

Now I’m on Peters version 5 and it goes to step 2 and seems to stop on this pictured part.

44249350-ECB2-4027-BB96-C243688A9A38 (resized).jpeg44249350-ECB2-4027-BB96-C243688A9A38 (resized).jpeg

#54 6 years ago

maybe its a problem with your usb?
possibly format it and start with new code

mine works fine

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

maybe its a problem with your usb?
possibly format it and start with new code
mine works fine

Well I just updated my new Star Wars a few days ago with the same stick so it should be formatted properly. Also used it to update GB.

Edit - so i appear to be able to re install the stern code. It works through step 2 of the install.

I’m downloading teddy and peters code on a Mac and it shows it as an archived file.

The usb reader see the file but I’m wondering if the file needs to be unpackaged?

I’ve never run into this issue before.

Not sure what’s going on

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well I just updated my new Star Wars a few days ago with the same stick so it should be formatted properly. Also used it to update GB.
Edit - so i appear to be able to re install the stern code. It works through step 2 of the install.
I’m downloading teddy and peters code on a Mac and it shows it as an archived file.
The usb reader see the file but I’m wondering if the file needs to be unpackaged?
I’ve never run into this issue before.
Not sure what’s going on

My files are out of the zipped folder on an old small usb with nothing else on it when I first tried I had multiple codes on it and it didn't recognize , are you using an usb 1 or 2.0 maybe this can give a n issue?

#57 6 years ago

well after about 10 attempts i finally got them installed to give a try.

for now I'm going back to the stern version. the volume levels seemed off and i dont know if it was the custom callouts or the looping but something just didnt sound right to me.

Maybe someone can just do a version with the disney a pirates life for me and everything else unmodified.

its too bad there isn't a longer sound file to let he's a pirate play.

#58 6 years ago

My version installed just fine. I would reformat you USB stick. When they failed they failed quick. Just like a solid state hard drive. What I'm saying is your USB stick could be bad.

#59 6 years ago

I added two more version to the drop box.
Version 6 - is the movie mix with yo ho and he's a pirate and original call outs when hitting the ship.
Version 7 - is the original mix with Yo ho and he's a pirate
Both have the Yo ho a bit louder

#60 6 years ago

Hmm just tested v6 but those callouts are not all changed. Think i will pull that one. I thought it was request 196 but it is else where.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I added two more version to the drop box.
Version 6 - is the movie mix with yo ho and he's a pirate and original call outs when hitting the ship.
Version 7 - is the original mix with Yo ho and he's a pirate
Both have the Yo ho a bit louder

Original mix as in stern code with yo ho and he’s a pirate?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Original mix as in stern code with yo ho and he’s a pirate?

Yes that is v7

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes that is v7

I’ll give it a try

#64 6 years ago

Thats what my version is, also the same as Peter's version 7. The audio on mine is louder than Peters on Yo Ho A Pirates life for me.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thats what my version is, also the same as Peter's version 7. The audio on mine is louder than Peters on Yo Ho A Pirates life for me.

Finally got to test this out and I like it.

Only thing I would maybe change is get rid of the he's a pirate while ball is in shooter lane because on a quick launch it get kind choppy and sounds a bit wonky when it transitions to the original music which occurs as soon as it hits switch on ramp I think.

Really enjoy the he's a pirate at game and, I think it could use a bit of a volume increase as it is noticeably quieter than everything else in the game.

great work otherwise! version 8 with these adjustments please, it will be perfection! lol

#66 6 years ago

Dude now your just being picky.

But I'm glad you got your machine right.

2 weeks later
#67 6 years ago

been messing with some sounds an then had the same update problem, once it just stopped in mid update, and after that the usb wouldnt recognice so no plingplong sound.
schut down tried again a few times ,still nothing
then i pushed down on dip8 realy soft and it worked and recognized again with the plinging sound!

so for future reference if annyone of you bump in to this problem on a stern try to gently push the dip and let us know if this is indeed the problem

after all this i started updating by first putting in the usb, set dip 8 and then power up, no problems.
But when first setting dip , then power an later putting usb when is asked then it sometimes doesnt gets recognized again .

makes me think its a communication problem with handshake usb port and usb.

#68 6 years ago

Hello mates,

I updated my code to have the intro for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride when you start a ball. Call outs from the ride in attract mode and when your firing at the ship during game play. Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me when you defeat the Kraken. Also when the game is over , closing music from the ride. On all the added sound bites the volume was pumped up so it blends in well with the rest of the sound track. It turned out really good. Here is a link below to download the code:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qD8wG-tD1HgR_ldwXu__W1wKEIxGuPpp/view?usp=sharing

Here is a video of the code:

Enjoy!

#69 6 years ago

Nicely done! Thanks for posting a video too!

#70 6 years ago

Thanks pal!

#71 6 years ago

That looks great, will download it later and try this for a while. Pirates with all these versions of music is still such a great game! I saw the stream from JJP with the new pirates game, looks awesome but the rules are so deep. I really like the my game although it has not all bells and whistles like the JJP one.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That looks great, will download it later and try this for a while. Pirates with all these versions of music is still such a great game! I saw the stream from JJP with the new pirates game, looks awesome but the rules are so deep. I really like the my game although it has not all bells and whistles like the JJP one.

Agreed on the new JJP machine being overly complicated. I am so tempted to buy one however I don't want to study the machine to learn how to enjoy it and it may not be very approachable for non pinheads and kids. I may be wrong though.

#73 6 years ago

That sure is a pretty looking pin, and a lot of eye candy... But I rather have my Stern POTC. I really do like the game play , and the toys it has. Not to mention the sounds.

#74 6 years ago

Nice update @teddyb73, thanks for sharing!

#75 6 years ago

Your welcome buddy.

8 months later
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I updated my code

I just joined the club with this pin yesterday and was looking to see if there were any sound improvements like I did on my walking dead or my former Williams pins with the pinsound board installed. I'll have to try out this new code, sounds great from the video, nice work.

1 year later
#77 3 years ago

Would anyone be willing to send me some modded codes to try? Thanks!

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hello mates,
I updated my code to have the intro for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride when you start a ball. Call outs from the ride in attract mode and when your firing at the ship during game play. Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me when you defeat the Kraken. Also when the game is over , closing music from the ride. On all the added sound bites the volume was pumped up so it blends in well with the rest of the sound track. It turned out really good. Here is a link below to download the code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qD8wG-tD1HgR_ldwXu__W1wKEIxGuPpp/view?usp=sharing
Here is a video of the code:

Enjoy!

Here is my code. Its sound bites from the POTC ride from Disney World. I have an updated version now with more call outs if interested.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Here is my code. Its sound bites from the POTC ride from Disney World. I have an updated version now with more call outs if interested.

Yes, please share a link.....THANK YOU!

#80 3 years ago

I would also like to load your newest code @teddyb73!

3 weeks later
#82 3 years ago

Did you guys like the new code?

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

They must, it seems they can't stop playing.

2 weeks later
#84 3 years ago

I picked the game up last week. I thought "I wish there were ride sounds" since it's one of our favorites and we have lots of Disney friends who will love it if they can ever come over again. Found this thread so I will install when I get home from work. From what I understand it's modified sounds only? Gameplay rules are still from Stern's 6.0 code?

#85 3 years ago

Correct.

#86 3 years ago

Sounds great. Got it updated last night. The music is not as exciting at the start but my wife and kids immediately recognized it and that's what I wanted. Call outs are cool to hear and we love the end of ride music after a game too. Great Job. Thanks.

1 week later
#87 3 years ago

Chrome won't let me download the file, says it is suspicious and blocks me

#88 3 years ago

Try a different web browser.

#89 3 years ago

It should work in chrome. I have it hosted on Google Drive.

2 months later
#91 3 years ago

Thank you sir!

#92 3 years ago

Wish code to address " flow " could be developed . The amount time pop bumper action limited , ability to hit flippers to kill DMD animations that hold ball while being displayed so can get on with your game as your choice option type issues . Maybe Chad will take this on someday .

Shane

4 months later
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Just installed the code in my game. Great upgrade. Thanks for all your work!

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Just installed the code in my game. Great upgrade. Thanks for all your work!

Your welcome pal!

1 month later
#95 3 years ago

Just picked up a potc - it has 3.0 code so I need to update that this weekend. Would love to also add the music you created Teddy - sort of a noob question - but do I need to update to stern 6.0, then do another update with your code? Does yours sit on top of the stern code? And one more question - if I install yours and want to sell the pin with original code - is there a way to disinstall your music?

thks - and thanks for making this - love the sound of it.

#96 3 years ago

All you need to do is to install my code. Then if you want to put it back to factory just download the code from Sterns website and you would be good to go.

4 weeks later
#97 2 years ago

Hi there,

just see at youtube the video from the #Pirates of the Caribbean pinball (Stern, 2006) OST with Pinball Browser (version 6.00) Link >

Has anybody the soundfile ore where can i download the full sounds installed in this video ?
Would be great to get it. Im not firm to compose ore edit all that but i love the pinball machine.

I bought the pinball browser here, current version in use 7.56, so i think i have everything to install the soundfile ?
i would donate that work of course.

Thanks in advance, and stay healthy everybody,
kind regards from germany, Holger

i would donate that work of course

3 months later
#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Holgi4everHSV:

Hi there,
just see at youtube the video from the #Pirates of the Caribbean pinball (Stern, 2006) OST with Pinball Browser (version 6.00) Link >
Has anybody the soundfile ore where can i download the full sounds installed in this video ?
Would be great to get it. Im not firm to compose ore edit all that but i love the pinball machine.
I bought the pinball browser here, current version in use 7.56, so i think i have everything to install the soundfile ?
i would donate that work of course.
Thanks in advance, and stay healthy everybody,
kind regards from germany, Holger
i would donate that work of course

Nice Work to the guy who did this!
Anyone have a copy of this that they can share to me please?
Old link doesn't work

#100 2 years ago

Nice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camanche, IA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-potc-custom-codes/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.