(Topic ID: 35751)

Any place to play pinball in New Orleans?

By Jetzxi

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hotdoggin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

W St Tammany NOLA area pins on location...

I just got back into pinball and bought a Fish Tales from a guy in Luling (my wife and I played FT at a bar in Mid City last year , it was simple but kinda fun and the seller was willing to deal most on FT than his other pins, perhaps as he had town of them).
    I finally created an acct here (need to find out if I should keep the Rottendog board in the game now that we've had for near a month since buying it or trade for the original board that the seller says has now been returned to him after a rebuild , unless the original board is more valuable long term , I'd rather keep the replacement board as the machine has no issues , only once has it rebooted mid play and that was the first day in our home after setting it up, perhaps something was loose at that moment post setup , travel).

Anyway , we've been tracking down pins in W St Tammany :

- there's a decent Lost World and Monopoly at the Mandeville Bowling Alley plus a Scared Stiff that if the right flipper worked would be decent.

- there's Shrek and Rollercoaster Tycoon at Johnny's Pizza in Covington

- a dirty but playable BSD (Dracula) at a laundry mat in Covington across from The Chimes restaurant

- a Rocky & Bullwinkle that I haven't played yet but supposedly is in decent shape at Scoops in Folsom

I'm sure there's a local thread here, I need to look around as we would like to buy another pin soon.

I'd also like to find info on other pins on location in the entire NOLA area, was very disappointed in Barcadia .

#15 10 years ago

Thanks Mike, I actually just found the LA, MS, AR area and a few posts tied to the person in Luling , LA which I bought Fish Tales from , small world.

I'm from NOLA and nowwe live just 45min north of Nola. The same seller in Luling , 20min south of Nola had a few more pins for sale. I've also found someone fro, NYC here on Pinside that has a Teed Off available, not a popular machine but my wife and I used to play it a bit in 1993 at the Fun Arcade in Kenner LA. So hard to choose a pin as sure you know.
    We also stopped by Lucky Coin in Metairie to see if they had received a Metallica ,not yet , they are the only new Stern dealer. We really want one new pin and likely Metallica but need to play it a bit first. I played it in TX briefly at a place called Fun Billiards , they had easily over 100 pins including a Wizard of Oz demo machine, from the one play of Metallica it seemed nice but my wife needs to try it first before we make a NIB choice.
    At least I've located SEVEN machines here in Mandeville / Covington from Shrek to BSD and we have our Fish Tales machine ,I prob bought FT without enough research but we had to get started

Tomorrow I'll have to post on the LA AR TX thread and keep scouting for a new machine and ask a question on the appropriate thread / section regarding keeping the Rottendog FT board or switching for the supposedly repaired orig board.

#17 10 years ago

Pinball Help - i was amazed to find quickly 5 machines near me (Madisonville). I'm glad to see overall activity pickup in the area. You must be the fellow that the seller of our Fish Tales spoke of (pin church) - I'll checkout your site- thanks for your efforts in the area.

2 years later
    #19 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

There's now a dedicated pinball parlor in New Orleans proper! Yay! It's the first public pinball place to open in 30+ years.
    2315 St. Claude Ave. New Orleans, LA
    http://facebook.com/mysticpinball
    http://nolapinball.com

This is awesome. We rarely make it to the south shore but will try to fit in a trip to Kebab when we're next on that side of the lake (seems we're only there for medical appts and I'm always rushing back home to get back to work but we'll have to make a trip to play pinball fit into our schedule).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hotdoggin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-place-to-play-pinball-in-new-orleans?tu=Hotdoggin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.