(Topic ID: 35751)

Any place to play pinball in New Orleans?

By Jetzxi

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Heading to New Orelans and was wondering if there are any places to play Pin?

Thanks,

Chris

5 months later
    #2 10 years ago

In NOLA now and seeking the same info.

#3 10 years ago

Ya'll going for Essence Fest this weekend? Sadly, most of the businesses actually close on Bourbon for that festival.

Check the Louisiana pinball thread started by PinballHelp. There is both a barcade in New Orleans, Goldmine (which will probably be closed this weekend), and then the church that PinballHelp refurbished into what looks like the best pinball arcade in the state now (I haven't seen it in person yet sadly).

#4 10 years ago

There's also a place called Barcadia that's walking distance from Decatur & Canal (towards the convention center on Touchopolis, I believe.)

But, I was there the first week of June for TechEd 2013 and of the half-dozen pins they had at least three were out of order or just woefully messed up... e.g. the TSPP was missing the rubber tip on the shooter. Plunging involved slapping your palm against the shooter rod. Fun times, not.

#5 10 years ago

There has never been a place to play in New Orleans.

Gulfport and Biloxi used to be your best bet.

Now, they're dead too.

#6 10 years ago

Barcadia update:
    TSPP- several issues not the least of which upper right flipper totally weak and the table incredibly dirty. Set on free play as was the JP. T-Rex wouldn't pick up the ball but some fun there. Kiss table, wow, completely worn to the wood. Bumpers great, flippers okay, not much fun though. Dolly, boring. TSPP was also horribly unlevel.

Played plenty of other games, fun time overall. Would love to have seen more pins but I guess we are sort of in the "at least something was there" place.

#7 10 years ago

I found an IJ in a bar on bourbon st a year or two ago. I tried to get myself to remember the name of the bar so I could add it to the map but I was way too drunk for that.

#8 10 years ago

On the Pinside Pin Map there are currently 5 places listed that have from 1 to 5 pins each.
    Some may not be up to date concerning which pins and how many they actually have now.

I've only been to Ted's Frostop once about 9 months ago or so. The pins there were not impressive to me, but the rootbeer ice cream floats were great.

#9 10 years ago

The Pinchurch is a great place. Check with Pinballhelp.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

I found an IJ in a bar on bourbon st a year or two ago. I tried to get myself to remember the name of the bar so I could add it to the map but I was way too drunk for that.

Cruzan Rum is a wonderful thing...

#11 10 years ago

Played the MB at Igors as its only two blocks from where we are staying. Can't get anywhere else as we leave tomorrow. One bumper not working, dirtiest playfield yet, flippers kinda weak but worse not aligned properly at all. Several flashers, light, switches out. Off kilter and not set up well at all. I plan on calling the operator as it had a card. Kicked ball stdm most of the time. First time I got to play one so a bummer.

#12 10 years ago

Maybe I just need to make another visit but not during humid season!

#13 10 years ago

W St Tammany NOLA area pins on location...

I just got back into pinball and bought a Fish Tales from a guy in Luling (my wife and I played FT at a bar in Mid City last year , it was simple but kinda fun and the seller was willing to deal most on FT than his other pins, perhaps as he had town of them).
    I finally created an acct here (need to find out if I should keep the Rottendog board in the game now that we've had for near a month since buying it or trade for the original board that the seller says has now been returned to him after a rebuild , unless the original board is more valuable long term , I'd rather keep the replacement board as the machine has no issues , only once has it rebooted mid play and that was the first day in our home after setting it up, perhaps something was loose at that moment post setup , travel).

Anyway , we've been tracking down pins in W St Tammany :

- there's a decent Lost World and Monopoly at the Mandeville Bowling Alley plus a Scared Stiff that if the right flipper worked would be decent.

- there's Shrek and Rollercoaster Tycoon at Johnny's Pizza in Covington

- a dirty but playable BSD (Dracula) at a laundry mat in Covington across from The Chimes restaurant

- a Rocky & Bullwinkle that I haven't played yet but supposedly is in decent shape at Scoops in Folsom

I'm sure there's a local thread here, I need to look around as we would like to buy another pin soon.

I'd also like to find info on other pins on location in the entire NOLA area, was very disappointed in Barcadia .

#14 10 years ago

Thanks Hotdoggin for providing info about pins on location down in southeast Louisiana.
    Sometimes I'm over that way.

Have fun fixing up, filling up, & decorating your gameroom.
    Welcome to Pinside. Glad to have more Louisiana pinball enthusiasts on here.

You may want to check out this Pinside Forum thread:
    "LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!"

Also, there is Ark-La-Tex Pinball Club you might be interested in.
    Nevus and one or more of his buddies in N LA started that up.

Cheers!

Mike

#15 10 years ago

Thanks Mike, I actually just found the LA, MS, AR area and a few posts tied to the person in Luling , LA which I bought Fish Tales from , small world.

I'm from NOLA and nowwe live just 45min north of Nola. The same seller in Luling , 20min south of Nola had a few more pins for sale. I've also found someone fro, NYC here on Pinside that has a Teed Off available, not a popular machine but my wife and I used to play it a bit in 1993 at the Fun Arcade in Kenner LA. So hard to choose a pin as sure you know.
    We also stopped by Lucky Coin in Metairie to see if they had received a Metallica ,not yet , they are the only new Stern dealer. We really want one new pin and likely Metallica but need to play it a bit first. I played it in TX briefly at a place called Fun Billiards , they had easily over 100 pins including a Wizard of Oz demo machine, from the one play of Metallica it seemed nice but my wife needs to try it first before we make a NIB choice.
    At least I've located SEVEN machines here in Mandeville / Covington from Shrek to BSD and we have our Fish Tales machine ,I prob bought FT without enough research but we had to get started

Tomorrow I'll have to post on the LA AR TX thread and keep scouting for a new machine and ask a question on the appropriate thread / section regarding keeping the Rottendog FT board or switching for the supposedly repaired orig board.

#16 10 years ago

There are a few machines peppered around in the NOLA area. I haven't checked recently but there's 3-4 at a Frostop on Jefferson Highway.

We have formed a club in the NOLA area called the "Mystic Krewe of the Silver Ball". We have a space in the area that houses what we think is the largest collection ever of pinball machines in Louisiana. More than 50+ at this point. We're doing a tournament downtown at Barcadia July 27th and sometime in August we'll host one at our "PinChurch" -- we ran a tournament a few months back and had live music and a food and drinks and everyone had a good time. If you want to find out more about our group, see: http://MysticKrewe.com/ Our focus isn't exclusively on pinball... we are also doing educational projects, hacking and makerspace things, and generally teaching each other new skills and working on group projects as well as host pinball gatherings and other social events.

#17 10 years ago

Pinball Help - i was amazed to find quickly 5 machines near me (Madisonville). I'm glad to see overall activity pickup in the area. You must be the fellow that the seller of our Fish Tales spoke of (pin church) - I'll checkout your site- thanks for your efforts in the area.

2 years later
    #18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Heading to New Orelans and was wondering if there are any places to play Pin?
    Thanks,
    Chris

There's now a dedicated pinball parlor in New Orleans proper! Yay! It's the first public pinball place to open in 30+ years.

2315 St. Claude Ave. New Orleans, LA
    http://facebook.com/mysticpinball
    http://nolapinball.com

4 months later
    #19 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

There's now a dedicated pinball parlor in New Orleans proper! Yay! It's the first public pinball place to open in 30+ years.
    2315 St. Claude Ave. New Orleans, LA
    http://facebook.com/mysticpinball
    http://nolapinball.com

This is awesome. We rarely make it to the south shore but will try to fit in a trip to Kebab when we're next on that side of the lake (seems we're only there for medical appts and I'm always rushing back home to get back to work but we'll have to make a trip to play pinball fit into our schedule).

#20 8 years ago

Note that the MKPP is closed until Dec 29th.. the owners and staff are taking off for the holidays, but will be open again real soon. We're hoping to put some new games in there too!

2 years later
    #21 6 years ago

Any change to the NOLA pinball scene in the past couple of years? I'll be in town for Mardi Gras, but sticking around until Friday and hoping to get some pinball in.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-place-to-play-pinball-in-new-orleans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.