7D3952EE-8C28-45F7-ABE9-9D862FE7F529 (resized).jpeg
20221019_192515 (resized).jpg
20221017_191029 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221011-201406_eBay (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221011-201406_eBay (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
BAF7E74C-5FA3-4BF9-B4BA-6BF9BF9B7055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4505 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timtim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I skated for like ten years and stopped. But have been skating a lot lately.

I'm not too old at only 27.

anyways I was just wondering if any others out there still like riding a board?

PS.

Landed a new trick yesterday Half Cab Fingerflip

#5 7 years ago

That's a sweet wedding gift

I'm glad there is some others that could put down the board

No gaps, handrails, or stairs for me anymore. but ill shred some transition or ledges. and hell I would be happy just skating flatground for the rest of my life.

I do gotta get a new deck today and feel like I'm 16 again.

Oh and Breaking_Dad, I ride thunders too. best trucks I have ever had.

#9 7 years ago

well since I have started skating again for the last month or so I have lost close to 20 lbs

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I skated from '86 until '06. In '06 I slammed pretty hard on a mini-ramp and detached part of my left retina. I figured once my eyeballs started falling apart maybe I should retire from skating, LOL. I now exclusively ride mountain bikes for thrills (it's easier on the body as long as you limit the crashes). I now have a stockpile of old boards that present themselves pretty well that I want to use as wall hangers in the game room.

damn that is a shitty injury. My only serious injury happened when i was snowboarding and haven't rode one since.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I still skate now and then and but my real passion is surfing. Wish I still lived a block from the ocean.

Been surfing before and its awesome to say the least.

people do surf up here in Cleveland. i might have to try to catch a few next storm

#12 7 years ago

got a new deck and got to ride the shops park for free

awesome mini with spine in the middle

so much fun. for me I was rusty for sure but had some good lines

#15 7 years ago

there is this awesome spot less than 5 mins from my house that locals been building up for years.

awesome concrete ramps and banks. ledges, and rails. a kicker to kicker out of concrete and brick with a gap in the middle.

so much fun, lots of locals skating it. Cops quit coming and now its just the spot.

they just started building it towards the end of my skating days and now its pretty impressive.

#17 7 years ago

Ill try it is pretty cool

#19 7 years ago

man took a half day and skated a park with the best mini ramp ever(same as the one I grew up with at my local park before it got torn down)

had a friend to skate with this time that I literally skated with for years, years ago.

both of us landed lots of tricks we haven't done in years. just great motivation.

I even got some balls and got some tricks on the 6 footer

just honestly one of the best days I have had in years

I might ache some times from lots of falls but since I started skating again it has changed my whole life style for the best.

I feel great, been eating healthier, get some great exercise, and could not be happier.

#23 7 years ago

just riding it around feels great. I mostly just skate flat ground.

I'm lucky that I work in a warehouse here in Cleveland, I can just skate to get around my shop.

I just could stop think of skating even when I stopped. I would still do tricks with my pen at work or my remote at home. I just could keep it in anymore and needed to skate again.

I just skate to my abilities and have fun.

also today we were those old dudes at the park... but people were amazed how good we were. especially the tricks we could do off the launch ramp.

and yes I know I'm not old but in skateyears we stick out a little

#24 7 years ago

I think I might go here before work tomorrow

Its been my motivation to get back into it since they built this last year. its 10 minutes with traffic from my shop.

this was what I could only dream about as a kid. always wanted to ride a pool and a nice snake run bowl

ariel-hero (resized).jpgariel-hero (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

nothing wrong with that I do a lot of them myself.

I did lots of bonelesses and boneless 180 tails in the mini yesterday

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm old n fat now so I don't do shit these days.
Thats been my story for like 10 years lol.
The younger me skated some. I did a lot of cruising on weekends & summers @ my gmas & tried some ramp.
I was more of a BMX guy tho because I LOVED air. I had the most tit Diamond Back.
I bought a fleet of reissue decks & I'm so tempted to just get into pushing/cruising like an old man but got dayum they look so purdy & I'm so out of shape.
I'm sure 99% of you have seen this pic in the gameroom thread but here it is again. Decks take up less space than bikes & pinballs!

I seen your wall of boards on here before, just plain awesome man

just like pinballs I love good deck art(even if its all gone when I'm done with them)

#43 7 years ago

I'm not really that good still but I like to have fun.

got new bearings and wheels... damn so nice.

but my ankle is a little stiff today, no crazy bails or anything. I just think its from actually using muscles that haven't been used in years for the last month.

I'm just cruising today, though I wish I had a mini to ride.

also glad to see so much skate love on here and I'm still going to get some photos of the local DIY park by me

#44 7 years ago

oh and renodakota

I got a 3rd floor of a warehouse that needs some ramps

#49 7 years ago

man getting tempted to ride the mini by me.

Quoted from Clytor:

I started just before I turned 10, never stopped. I used to have sponsors and skate contests quite a bit. I'm 40 now (that still feels weird to say) and mostly skate miniramps and bowls around town. Here is some footy from a few years ago. » YouTube video

some crazy skills you got.

#62 7 years ago

here is the DIY park by my house.

Its not the best but it gets the job done P9020002 (resized).JPGP9020002 (resized).JPG

P9020003 (resized).JPGP9020003 (resized).JPG

#63 7 years ago

P9020004 (resized).JPGP9020004 (resized).JPG

P9020007 (resized).JPGP9020007 (resized).JPG

P9020006 (resized).JPGP9020006 (resized).JPG

P9020008 (resized).JPGP9020008 (resized).JPG

P9020005 (resized).JPGP9020005 (resized).JPG

P9020010 (resized).JPGP9020010 (resized).JPG

P9020009 (resized).JPGP9020009 (resized).JPG

#64 7 years ago

also after riding a mini yesterday...

I kind of want to get an old school shaped deck to ride transition with. I got big feet, size 14-15 depending on manufacture, and think I could shred a bowl or ramp with one.

#72 7 years ago

who wears pads

but honestly my helmet back in the day was so smelly.(some parks made you wear them)

I never really wore pads then but have thought about it lately after some of my slams

#82 7 years ago

been skating a lot of mini lately

got some frontside early grabs the other day which weren't crazy or anything but a lot of fun to throw some airs into a line. Plus I never tried to do them before so it was a new trick I guess.

and finally have my 180 disasters back.

legs are hella bruised up but I could care less, skating is just too fun. I haven't really played a lot of pinball lately

#86 7 years ago

skated the new concrete park before work and the rain

damn it was taller than I expected but so much fun to just ride around.

but now I want some knee pads for bailing out

riding bowls and pools taller than me (6'4") is an amazing feeling

might have to go there before work everyday

#88 7 years ago

I always wanted to go to skatopia. Seems like a crazy place, which is a good thing.

I'm pretty comfy on the minis by me 4-5 ft but this transition is a whole new level for me, which I am excited about. I was caving and riding it alright. I do like dropping in on big ramps though

I think I need to loosen my trucks to help with the carving the bowl.

I am thankful that a public park like this is in Cleveland it was the motivation I needed to start skating again and its right by my work

oh and the street section is simple but way more my style

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

1986 Streetstyle competition in Tempe, AZ... I lived right across the freeway from Diablo stadium where this was filmed, but never saw any cool skate competitions Some of the tricks are really tame compared to today's standards, but still fun to watch. I like the guy's move at 6:25 in this video, relatively simple but looks cool And check out those Vision Street Wear shoes! Ollie pads! hahaha...
» YouTube video

I love those classic moves. I always like throwing in some classic tricks when I skate.

a lot of style then and now in skating

#96 7 years ago

those bikes are pretty awesome

#97 7 years ago

oh and I can go over spines again

I quit being a pussy finally.

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Spines still get me,
I finally learned to lock into a frontside 50 50 and then treat it like a backside going back in.
Skatopia is tons of fun and not nearly as dangerous as it's reputation,
I recommend the october party. I stayed there for a month once and try to go back atleast every other year.
I just finished working on this ramp the other week. Crazy place, some friends bought an old church in north city.

just looks so awesome in that church.

I have been seriously considering building a mini at my shop.

#111 7 years ago

going to skate the skateshop park after work today.
Ill try to do those FS 50-50's over the spine. since I can FS&BS 50-50 well.

had the worst shin splint the last week or so. I took it easy, it would hurt to pop or do bs 180's. but its felt good at work today and yesterday(yes I skate around at work). so ill just ride the mini and take it easy.

been think about why I like skating a lot. its not really the adrenaline that makes me like skating, its actually kind of relaxing for me. Like meditation in motion, its similar to that "in the zone" ball in pinball. Clear mind and not a care in the world is why I skate.

but I cant lie going fast is hella fun on a board.

plus being older makes it fun cause I'm not worried about impressing anyone.

#112 7 years ago

since pics are cool
the skate shop is Tri-Star and honestly they are the best skate shop in the Cleveland area. Great place.

2-1024x576 (resized).jpg2-1024x576 (resized).jpg

#113 7 years ago

also went to a indoor park the other day

all I can say is scooters kids suck

#114 7 years ago

50-50s over the spine are a blast

finally feeling comfy on that ramp and started getting some good lines

oh and BS early grabs are so much fun

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Was watching one of the recent street style competitions in Oslo and saw some guy representing with the no-comply's! Blew my mind to see a guy no-comply onto a 50-50 railslide. I wanted to buy him a beer.

everyone does no comply tricks now. never would of thought that would be the popular thing in 2016.

I could always do no comply imposibles but I have been working on some new ones.

Quoted from Darkwing:

post some ramp videos!

for video I'm not sure about that... I don't have a sony VX1000 and that's the only way to capture my sketchy awkward style

#122 7 years ago

Deck after a month. They last so much longer now that I'm not doing huge drops

I don't like rob dyrdek but I love me some alien workshops. they were my favorite decks as a kid and they still are great. just awesome pop.

I'm glad AWS and habitat didn't disappear forever after DNA folded

P9200557 (resized).JPGP9200557 (resized).JPG

#123 7 years ago

I need to start doing nose and tail slides again

#125 7 years ago

damn that reminds me of my Dyno I had as a kid

and I'm a record guy as well

but I'm a laserdisc guy not vhs

#126 7 years ago

I broke down and bought those fancy kingfoam insoles...

and they are amazing. I want them for all my shoes.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

Tim have you been to Chenga world? We used to go to the North Ridgeville location every so often back in the late 90s.
I don't skate anymore, last time I tried it killed my ankles. I do watch the Braille Skateboard youtube videos every so often though because they always do weird shit with skateboards and it's very entertaining

I miss chenga in North Ridgeville. I skated it a few times back in the day

I skated Chenga 2 a lot in brookpark. It also helped that I grew up in brookpark so it was a 5 minute walk from my parents house.

I actually skated there a few weeks ago. its still fun but its was like all scooters and maybe 5 skaters including myself.

lots of people hate on braille but I agree they do have some entertaining videos. you make we skate it is pretty cool

#140 7 years ago

been thinking about getting larger wheel as well

I have 53's now. also would like a little softer for those crappy pavement spots.

but I did crack my deck the other day so I will need a new one soon. It was only one ply but all I can say is I hate blunts to rock.

I skate goofy naturally but I have been working on switch(regular). I want to drop in switch but I'm to scared to try at the moment. I haven't gotten nose stalls back yet. I can Ollie, bs/fs 180, bs/fs pop shovit switch but that's about it except for ramp tricks.

coolest trick I got the otherday was fastplant to tailstall with a finger flip after to another tailstall. I was proud cause I have some cool flat land tricks that I have been trying to work into mini. I think its a fastplant, its the same as a boneless but with my front hand grabbing the board

I'm still sketchy and not super consistent but I have seen a lot of improvement from the few months ive been skating again.

I'm in way better shape as well which I cant complain about.

1 week later
#143 7 years ago

I beat a 20 year old kid in skate twice yesterday at the skatepark.

#144 7 years ago

heres a vid that popped up on youtube which features the Ghetto spot and Crooked river skatepark. also Lakewood's park as well

1 week later
#146 7 years ago

cool decks man

I wasn't too confident starting again but now I have most of my tricks back and am still learning new ones.

To be honest I skate way more than I play pinball now and for some reason I'm playing better pinball at league.

I got too many damn hobbies but now I sound like my wife

8 months later
#162 6 years ago

Glad to see the thread is still alive

and yep I'm still skating

7 months later
#175 6 years ago

Back to the truck talk

I ride thunders, the titanium lights. They are great until i had to replace a kingpin. what a pain in the ass

I rode indys for a long time and loved them but i would break kinpins all the time. only change one on my thunders because it was stripped

damn i need to skate soon i have been slacking

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I built my kids some old school boards and decided to get myself one, so I can skate with them. Built the son a Santa Cruz Slasher(same one I had growing up), my daughter a Vision Psycho Stick, and I got a Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp. Hope I don't break my neck! Skate or Die!!!!!!

sweet boards and its awesome you cruising with the kids. have fun

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timtim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinsiders-still-skate-skateboard?tu=timtim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.