7D3952EE-8C28-45F7-ABE9-9D862FE7F529 (resized).jpeg
20221019_192515 (resized).jpg
20221017_191029 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221011-201406_eBay (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221011-201406_eBay (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
BAF7E74C-5FA3-4BF9-B4BA-6BF9BF9B7055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4505 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

I got back into Longboarding and I also purchased a paddle stick. It is great exercise and fun to ride with the kids. Now I want a one wheel next.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from rad:

I'm hopeful to pick up a electric board

You should check out the one wheel, it is an engineering marvel. You can control the different modes via Bluetooth on your phone and adjust the pitch from riding on street or riding on grass and off road. It really is smooth like snowboarding and you can log some pretty long rides on one charge. It is also good for walking the dog around the block.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

I've got one my kids and I ride all the time! I also sell them haha...

Sweet! My friend and I would love to become distributors and attend some trade shows and events. I did feel bad after my cousin came over and rode it one day and his wife went out and bought him one the next day. Within hours after giving the Onewheel to her husband she sent me pictures of his road rash all over his body. I felt bad but I also said to take it slow and start riding on turf first.

1 year later
#174 6 years ago

I built my kids some old school boards and decided to get myself one, so I can skate with them. Built the son a Santa Cruz Slasher(same one I had growing up), my daughter a Vision Psycho Stick, and I got a Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp. Hope I don't break my neck! Skate or Die!!!!!!

GEDC4890.JPGGEDC4890.JPG

GEDC4892.JPGGEDC4892.JPG

2 years later
#219 3 years ago

Picked up a One Wheel Pint(half the price of XR) for my son to ride with me. He absolutely loves it and really is shredding it up! We try and go on a ride during sunset together almost every night. Good Times-'Skate or Die!'

GEDC6056.JPGGEDC6056.JPG

1 month later
#244 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Saw the thread title and thought Oh Great, skaters. Like lace up the boots, 4 wheels on each, roller rink skating. Oh well, pretty cool posts about SKATE BOARDING

Its all good-anything with wheels counts!

-Post some pics of skating, I grew up skating at Skate City and have lots of fond memories. Never did learn how to skate backwards though.

1 week later
#278 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I’m curious of your thoughts on these vs electric skateboard. And off road capability ??

The One Wheel vs Electric Skateboard are really apples and oranges. The One Wheel is an engineering marvel and the self balancing gyroscope makes the board feel like an extension of your body. It is hard to explain but over time you get so comfortable riding the One Wheel it becomes an extension and allows you to anticipate changes in riding conditions and react accordingly. The electric skateboard feels just like a skateboard-just powered up. The small wheels on electric skateboards limit what you can do. You need smooth road surfaces and small bumps and rocks are not as forgiving.

The off road capabilities of the One Wheel depends on the experience of the rider. You can purchase aftermarket mods like foot holders that keep your feet locked down better for going over curbs and jumping over things. I like to ride mine in a huge public park with lush grass. I can choose the riding style with a push of the button on the app on my cell phone. I can change the setting to custom where I have input my configurations the way I like them. I pitched my nose up slightly to charge the grass faster and it is such a great feeling ripping through the fields. It really feels like snowboarding in powder and gives you that feeling in the middle of summer which is really awesome. I highly recommend a One Wheel XR or the Pint is awesome and a great bang for your buck.

-BTW my clumsy eleven year old daughter just learned how to ride the One Wheel-if she can ride it-anyone can. You are never too old.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m 46 and long board almost every day when it’s nice

I longboard more than I skateboard nowadays. It actually is great exercise and I use a Kahuna Creations paddle stick when I ride. Sometimes I can get in the zone and not have to push with my feet at all, and use just my upper body-again great exercise. I ride a couple of Never Summer boards and they are smooth as butter...

GEDC6249.JPGGEDC6249.JPG
4 months later
#331 2 years ago

Well we are hooked riding our One Wheels and now looking at the next addiction for water-has anyone tried the newer electric surfboards? They look sweet

3 months later
#357 2 years ago

Felt kinda guilty about an incident...

Was riding the One Wheels with my son and he kept riding in the middle of the street. I yelled at him that he needs to stay to the side of the street towards the sidewalk riding along with traffic for safety. Well a car was coming up from behind and he was looking backwards at the car approaching and got too close to the curb. His One Wheel tire hit the curb and then it was yardsale city. He ended up with a broken arm and a story to tell. Just got him comfortable riding again last week, but I will not yell at him about not getting over anymore.

1 year later
#468 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Godzilla and TWD will be set to freeplay.

Wow this sounds awesome! If I was closer-would love to come check it out

Good luck and post some pics-would love to see them

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinsiders-still-skate-skateboard?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.