5A99B9A9-A959-4E7B-8B1B-018B5083D682 (resized).jpeg
3A889759-CA28-4A4E-8D65-397A502698A3 (resized).jpeg
8999EFF2-9B27-4E4E-8AD8-F87A739099E0 (resized).jpeg
242DA9D9-E676-4745-8C5C-018473A2C8B3 (resized).jpeg
D8408539-D8AB-4C90-9537-59BDDA77E450 (resized).jpeg
E7EC2175-0CF4-40FE-A389-89B7AADE5E13 (resized).jpeg
3257FBEF-535A-44B8-AD97-AC113EA67970 (resized).jpeg
A60DFB96-B72D-4672-A8C0-3C6B498F7D94 (resized).jpeg

There are 414 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 months ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

There’s a concrete/parking block spine at reedy creek DIY. South side off of Westover hills boulevard. Spots crusty but fun as hell. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t

What?!! I live right by there! I'll have to drive by and see if I can find it.

#352 3 months ago

I also found out today that new park here will have a spine and lots of general radness. This is being built on Southside at the old ROC location by Artisan.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 10.40.34 PM (resized).png
#353 3 months ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I also found out today that new park here will have a spine and lots of general radness. This is being built on Southside at the old ROC location by Artisan.
[quoted image]

Holy shit! My buddy who lives down there mentioned y’all were getting a new park but I didnt get the update that it was already in construction. That’s awesome! Can’t wait to skate that!

The reedy creek spot is in the ditch between the apartments and the railroad tracks. I usually come down from the tracks. Definitely worth checking out.

#354 3 months ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

Holy shit! My buddy who lives down there mentioned y’all were getting a new park but I didnt get the update that it was already in construction. That’s awesome! Can’t wait to skate that!
The reedy creek spot is in the ditch between the apartments and the railroad tracks. I usually come down from the tracks. Definitely worth checking out.

If you come down to skate, make sure you come by our pinball club too. Richmond Pinball Collective

2 weeks later
#355 77 days ago

Have a great weekend.........20210730_223042 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#356 70 days ago

Hour drive for a bowl isn't bad. Just have to make time. 6:00am wake up to skate in peace.

IMG_20210807_064012011 (resized).jpg
#357 70 days ago

Felt kinda guilty about an incident...

Was riding the One Wheels with my son and he kept riding in the middle of the street. I yelled at him that he needs to stay to the side of the street towards the sidewalk riding along with traffic for safety. Well a car was coming up from behind and he was looking backwards at the car approaching and got too close to the curb. His One Wheel tire hit the curb and then it was yardsale city. He ended up with a broken arm and a story to tell. Just got him comfortable riding again last week, but I will not yell at him about not getting over anymore.

#358 70 days ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Hour drive for a bowl isn't bad. Just have to make time. 6:00am wake up to skate in peace.
[quoted image]

The early bird catches the worm!

#359 70 days ago

Question for the collectors , do you really care if the deck is its shrink wrap? As long as its just been hung on a wall ?

#360 70 days ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Question for the collectors , do you really care if the deck is its shrink wrap? As long as its just been hung on a wall ?

I don’t care about shrink wrap as it proves nothing. I’ve also hear stories of decades old shrink wrap damaging graphics. Open it up and enjoy it!

#361 69 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I don’t care about shrink wrap as it proves nothing. I’ve also hear stories of decades old shrink wrap damaging graphics. Open it up and enjoy it!

Ok, so I'm back in , obviously ,
I was so upset about selling my last collection, I decided to start over. God it feels good !!! Been a rough 3 years , but I'm back boys !!!!
20210807_185403 (resized).jpg

#362 69 days ago

Always loved that Rob Roskopp board.

#363 69 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Always loved that Rob Roskopp board.

Totally.....it is classic !!!
The 2 Madrid decks are signed by Lucero

#364 69 days ago

That’s great!! I remember the Christian Hosoi boards and all the Powell Peralta designs. That was my era launch ramps quarter pipes and a few half pipes. But never got that good at it. But it was a blast shredding around downtown even though it was basically outlawed.

#365 69 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

That’s great!! I remember the Christian Hosoi boards and all the Powell Peralta designs. That was my era launch ramps quarter pipes and a few half pipes. But never got that good at it. But it was a blast shredding around downtown even though it was basically outlawed.

Totally , get it my man.
I was more of a vert ramp / bowl skater because
that's what we had and was common in 1979
Ya, im old , so !

#366 69 days ago

Del mar, Sparks and actually Golf & Fun in Santa Barbara

#367 69 days ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Del mar, Sparks and actually Golf & Fun in Santa Barbara

Definitely remember of Del Mar it had a bowl I believe. We dreamt of the bowls and pools cause that was most of the action on the videos. Use to watch Animal Chin and get all siked up and tear it up. So I was around 1987. Those were the days.

#368 69 days ago

I have been watching all the powell bones videos I missed on youtube. They are all there. The documentery on Ban This was really cool! Got me into skating again.
I'm so glad Thrasher archived all there old issues. I remember most 88-90. Until I got a car.
https://www.thrashermagazine.com/magazine/covers-archive/

#369 68 days ago

Backside slapply to brick column. Straight to the hip!
Haha

IMG_20210809_184715114 (resized).jpg
#370 67 days ago

Ouch, wait until the shower .....

#371 67 days ago

Not a skateboard, but been loving this lately. Did a nosedive at about 15 MPH on the road not long ago…..ouch. To much fun though, although the rides have been a bit slower since the ‘faceplant’.

9A02E234-80B3-462B-BA89-A55DAFF8F59E (resized).jpeg
#372 67 days ago

Does anyone know if these electric boards are legit? This Miles Phantom looks attractive by the marketing. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-phantom-direct-drive-electric-skateboard#/

1 month later
#373 35 days ago

You Knoxville guys have a sweet park. Tall and intimidating but fun nonetheless.

The peanut bowl is awesome.

IMG_20210911_095708622 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_095815004 (resized).jpg
#374 35 days ago

now thats a skate park !

#375 35 days ago

I found this article last week. Some good advice for us older guys who still are still pushing around.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/tws-10-deadhippies-tips-for-skating-in-your-40s/

Also, I added a couple quater pipes to the backyard setup. Kind of sketchy learning new stuff on these ramps at my age, but fun none the less even if its just something to bank off of between tricks on the box.

20210903_123742 (resized).jpg20210903_123805 (resized).jpg
#376 34 days ago

We had this glorious chunk of concrete here in Daytona back in the day called Stone Edge. There was a lot of goodness packed into that tiny acre of land (9 Bowl, Mickey Mouse Bowl, Peanut Bowl, Egg Bowl, vert ramp, 6ft mini ramp, 4ft mini spine ramp, and a street section with various wedges, fun boxes, and quarter pipes). Sadly all that remains from the glory days is the dilapidated 9 bowl in the bottom left of the photo. I still go there and skate every now and again.

stone edge (resized).jpg

#377 34 days ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

We had this glorious chunk of concrete here in Daytona back in the day called Stone Edge. There was a lot of goodness packed into that tiny acre of land (9 Bowl, Mickey Mouse Bowl, Peanut Bowl, Egg Bowl, vert ramp, 6ft mini ramp, 4ft mini spine ramp, and a street section with various wedges, fun boxes, and quarter pipes). Sadly all that remains from the glory days is the dilapidated 9 bowl in the bottom left of the photo. I still go there and skate every now and again.
[quoted image]

went there a few times, that park was badass. they tore it all down ? why would they do that but leave just one?

#378 34 days ago

I used to ride vert, with all my 50 something buddies, but now the only thing I ride is my One wheel.

Greatest toy ever

#379 34 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

went there a few times, that park was badass. they tore it all down ? why would they do that but leave just one?

When they started tearing it all down years ago, Marty from Kona stepped in and saved what was left. This bottom pic is what is there now (9 Bowl, wooden kidney bowl, and street area). The entire north section of the property where the egg, peanut, and mickey mouse bowl were is just flat ground now Top pic is current of the 9 bowl now. Kinda sad.

9 (resized).pngse (resized).png

#380 34 days ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

[quoted image]

My bandmates and I got chance to skate it when it looked like this when we were on tour in the mid 90's. I think I remember seeing a picture in Transworld of Tony Hawk blasting over the tongue in the 9 bowl. That Peanut Bowl was deep and steep as I recall. Gnar

#381 34 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

My bandmates and I got chance to skate it when it looked like this when we were on tour in the mid 90's. I think I remember seeing a picture in Transworld of Tony Hawk blasting over the tongue in the 9 bowl. That Peanut Bowl was deep and steep as I recall. Gnar

Yessir, that peanut bowl didn't ask for respect, it took it by force.

se1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#382 21 days ago

Little family skate party I hosted 2 weeks ago:

1 week later
#383 15 days ago

Made an investment in my skating future. Out at the skatepark practicing knee slides.

IMG_20211001_133357_01 (resized).jpg
#384 15 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Definitely remember of Del Mar it had a bowl I believe. We dreamt of the bowls and pools cause that was most of the action on the videos. Use to watch Animal Chin and get all siked up and tear it up. So I was around 1987. Those were the days.

Man….remember that Ollie at Del Mar? That was sick! The search for Animal Chin was a great skate Vid back in the day.

#385 15 days ago

Not skating anymore these days but finally picked this up….been look by for one for a long time.

50F4DC07-9AAA-4A13-9BCD-5EBBF54D486B (resized).jpeg945850D0-FBE6-4BF6-AE35-0399A35BAEA1 (resized).jpeg
#386 15 days ago

Im 42 years and skatet 5 years ago the last time. Was a fulltime skater till I was 23 years old. Was such a great time. I definitely have to go skating again! Its such a shame.....that I didnt skate the last years.

Video of me last time skating........five years ago

#387 15 days ago
Quoted from switch3:

Whatsup!! Pretty awesome to see so many fellow skaters here on pinside! I used to eat, breathe and sleep skateboarding too. Now I'm over 40 and feels like my body is more suitable for playing pinball and drinking beer I still skate a little bit now and then though, even if I'll just go out and skate a little flat on the street. But nowadays I guess pinball has become my no1 passion. But I'm still a skate nerd, I guess you can tell by my username and my avatar
Here's some of my skating from when I was half my age and weight

.....Wow.....some decent good professional skateboarding!

#388 15 days ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Not skating anymore these days but finally picked this up….been look by for one for a long time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good for you. Man I use to love that game at the arcade.

#389 15 days ago

Great minds….

2934FBE0-EFCF-4AA3-B059-794DC6AD41C5 (resized).jpegC4FE0154-06E9-4711-8687-E45B8E4CB7BD (resized).jpeg

EC2BB8A2-39A6-484B-A6EE-7DABAABFBC55 (resized).jpegBD09DCB8-3DE1-4C16-BA08-BF232CB8E54A (resized).jpeg
#390 15 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Great minds….

Sick boards in the back ground with the signatures. I recognize what I believe is Mike McGill and Steve Caballero not sure on the others.

#391 14 days ago

I have had a few 720s, over the years. It was one of my favorite games as a kid. I remember people cuing up their quarters on the monitor glass to play. I sold the last one I had to a guy in Berlin. I keep my eye out for these but the prices have gotten insane. It's not like I really have or want to make space for one either. All the room in our house is taken up with...pins.

#392 14 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I have had a few 720s, over the years. It was one of my favorite games as a kid. I remember people cuing up their quarters on the monitor glass to play. I sold the last one I had to a guy in Berlin. I keep my eye out for these but the prices have gotten insane. It's not like I really have or want to make space for one either. All the room in our house is taken up with...pins.

I had been hoping to find one local for years but never could find one so broke down and found a working one and had it shipped. It’s not super rare but there are fewer of them working because of the monitor but is still popular among Vid collectors. And the unique joystick makes it very hard to feel right with MAME. Gotta have the original joystick for sure.

#393 14 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Great minds….

I had a McGill deck back in the day. Also had a skull and sword and Hosoi Hammerhead. So many memories. I wasn’t really good but it was the best fun I had as a kid. Some friends had leased a small piece of land behind a church. They charged us $1 a year and let us build a half pipe. It was known as “The Church” ramp. We built several over the years….the biggest we built was 12 1/2 feet tall (10ft transitions with 2 1/2ft of vert. It also had a 2ft tombstone and a roll in. Not bad for a bunch high school/middle school kids. The first one we built was only like 8ft. Will never forget the day we finished the first ramp, one of guys couldn’t wait to drop in and went first and when his front wheels hit the ramp he fell straight to the flat…..he was OK but it was funny as hell. Turns out he must have run over a deck screw earlier in the day as we found a screw in his wheel. It’s great that many areas have skate parks now. We relied on building our own or the “Rare” empty pool we would find out about. We lived and breathed skating at the time.

#394 14 days ago

Let's just say I've starting collecting again....

20211002_082200 (resized).jpg

#395 14 days ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Made an investment in my skating future. Out at the skatepark practicing knee slides.
[quoted image]

Pretty much all you need , knee pads beside helmet depending on risk .

#396 14 days ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Pretty much all you need , knee pads beside helmet depending on risk .

The cooler weather is lighting the fire.

It's been a year since I got back rolling again. Since then I've had a nasty shoulder check in St.louis. two weeks to get it right.

Two broken ribs on National Go Skate Day. So like June ish. 4 weeks of the worst sleep of my life.

And the most recent, a sprained peroneus longus at the Knoxville skatepark. Found out it's not wise to run out on fast transition skating. Two weeks and I'm back.

It's a strange obsession. Haha

#397 13 days ago

Hey guys. Fairly new to Pinside, and just bought my first 2 pins this year. Grew up skateboarding on the streets of Chicago and playing in the arcades (as well as any place that had an arcade game really). Been skating since 1988, and I continue to do so on a fairly regular basis to this day...at least as much as possible factoring in family, career, and numerous other hobbies. I'll continue to skate as long as my body allows me to do so.

Just stopping by to say "hey"!

#398 13 days ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Let's just say I've starting collecting again....
[quoted image]

More expensive than collecting pins these days. I am so depressed of the boards I threw away like McGill and Hawk. Worth a fortune now.

#399 13 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

More expensive than collecting pins these days. I am so depressed of the boards I threw away like McGill and Hawk. Worth a fortune now.

You aren't wrong. The deck collecting "hobby" has gone through the roof. It's mind boggling to me seeing common reissue decks are selling for $300/400 these days, and some OG decks are selling for.......................................................................................wait for it.

Grosso (resized).png
#400 13 days ago
Quoted from Prospekteur:

.....Wow.....some decent good professional skateboarding!

Thank you bro!

There are 414 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside