(Topic ID: 179776)

Any Pinsiders own a Tesla? As an Owner, what is your opinion?

By BenetBoy78

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tesla RT (resized).jpg
    Semi_Front_Profile.0 (resized).jpg
    3107748190_f74b93eaa1_o (resized).jpg
    3107746920_baf27b1e94_o (resized).jpg
    3107740894_e9a7658ba7_o (resized).jpg
    richard hammonds crash (resized).jpg
    IMG_9298 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9300 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9301 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9303 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9306 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9305 (resized).JPG
    imperial orchid4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8745 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8744 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8790 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 7 years ago

dunno how i missed this thread! you probably saw in one of the other ones that i have a Model S P100D. (haven't regretted it for a millisecond .. so much fun to drive)

imperial orchid4 (resized).jpgimperial orchid4 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #61 6 years ago

still in love with my Model S. can't recommend it highly enough.

#63 6 years ago

lots of cars go up in flames when you crash them. not news.

2 weeks later
    #66 6 years ago

took my Model S P100D to Pinehurst (about 600 miles) and Deep Creek Lake (about 200 miles) recently. car was superb on both trips. couldn't be happier. to be honest, it's silly, but my favorite aspect is still the ludicrous acceleration. a WRX STI was in front of me revving his engine and he took off at a stoplight. i don't think he knew i was behind him. after he took off, i silently pulled into the adjacent lane and blew right by him like was standing still. his eyes were dinner plates, haha.

coming in second is the user interface -- i still believe Tesla is the only car company to do a touchscreen correctly.

3 months later
    #69 6 years ago

I have the P100D and while it is hard to justify by any logical argument ... I have not regretted it for a microsecond. It's unbelievable and I love it. A year later it still has me grinning ear to ear.

#72 6 years ago

Congrats! You will love it.

3 weeks later
    #76 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who saw the presentation of the new Tesla Roadster. It looks absolutely fantastic and has amazing performance numbers (1.9s 0-60, 620 mile range). I'm pretty sure one of these will be headed to my garage in a few years!

if they can pull off the numbers stated in that presentation, every other exotic car maker should be shaking in their boots. a production car that does the quarter mile in 8.7 seconds, and costs $250,000? for comparison ... the Bugatti Chiron does the quarter about a second and a half slower, and it costs $3 million. add on 620 mile range, and a top speed in excess of 250mph? man, that would be revolutionary, and would make most million-dollar supercars obsolete over night. i know $250k sounds more like a mortgage than a car pricetag to most people, but it's a stone cold steal for the performance numbers they're talking about.

i know Porsche and Lamborghini and the other players are all trying to play catch up for real now, but none of them have a gigafactory, and none of them have a charging network. and none of them have the data and experience that Tesla has spent the last decade building up, either.

#78 6 years ago

They make hundreds of thousands of batteries a year for their Model X and Model S vehicles. They’ll get there.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

" They’ll get there." but when
    Please tell me how many X and S cars were produced this year. From the BOTTLENECK at the Gigafactory, I read those production lines output have been reduced to fix the Gigafactory. And then a top engineer from the battery plant has left to start his own venture. Preformance Claims of the new roadster and semi tractor have yet to be proven. Nor a price has been set. And those claims seem to increase with each press release.
    What is next from Tesla a flying car?
    Looks, to me, like Tesla is taking all the PREORDER money and spending it on prototypes. Losses are mounting, not nearly as bad as Skit-B
    For My money I will sit back and wait. For a Car with a 400+ mile range and recharge time under 10 minutes. And some form of dealership network to support these cars. The go buy one off the internet or go to a showroom in a shopping mall with 1 car or a stack brochures in the room. Cars do break or get damaged. So where do you go to get them fixed? On the internet?????
    I know you have a Telsa S not sure of the exact model. can you tell me how many cycles are on the battery pack and do you still have full capacity?

My P100D was delivered less than a month after ordering. It has had zero problems over the last year. Battery capacity is still 100% but that’s not surprising. There are Teslas with literally 500,000 miles that still have over 80% of their battery capacity. Lots of cars over 200,000 miles still have over 90% max capacity. Look it up. Those are facts. Of course most car owners never see 200k miles let alone half a million.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinsiders-own-a-tesla-as-an-owner-what-is-your-opinion?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.