(Topic ID: 179776)

Any Pinsiders own a Tesla? As an Owner, what is your opinion?

By BenetBoy78

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tesla RT (resized).jpg
    Semi_Front_Profile.0 (resized).jpg
    3107748190_f74b93eaa1_o (resized).jpg
    3107746920_baf27b1e94_o (resized).jpg
    3107740894_e9a7658ba7_o (resized).jpg
    richard hammonds crash (resized).jpg
    IMG_9298 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9300 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9301 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9303 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9306 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9305 (resized).JPG
    imperial orchid4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8745 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8744 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8790 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bob_e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from indy5mike:

I do not own a Tesla, I have never even ridden in one but they do seem to be cool cars. I do have a question for you Tesla guys though. Recently there wa a Tesla model S involved in a deadly one car accident here in Indianapolis and the car had a terrible fire. I guess as a person uneducated in the electric vehicles I thought they would have been less likely to burn due to having no fuel. Looking at the links below I obviously was wrong! How flammable are the batteries in them?
    http://www.teslarati.com/lawsuit-alleges-tesla-death-not-happened-another-car/

Richard Hammond crashed a Rimac Concept One, electric car, and it went up in flames.
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson-apos-genuinely-thought-124451906.html

There are the Lithium-ion batteries in laptops that have burned.
    http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/what-caused-a-laptop-battery-to-explode-and-start-a/article_7d5fdd10-b365-11e3-9a9d-0017a43b2370.html

Reports of cell phone fires...
    http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/09/16/cell-phone-battery-catches-fire-aboard-delta-air-lines-flight-to-atlanta.html

richard hammonds crash (resized).jpgrichard hammonds crash (resized).jpg

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

lots of cars go up in flames when you crash them. not news.

Yes, they do, and I had a 1972 Ford Pinto...I took prismatic letters and wrote "FLAMMABLE" across the back.

Well the general public may not expect an electric car to burn like one powered by gasoline.

R/C air planes with Li-Po batteries have gone up in flames too. From crash damage: the battery gets crushed/shorted out, the heat from the current sets the battery on fire. Also Charging at the wrong settings will cause a fire. These batteries for airplanes have 1-6 cells so charging a 2 cell pack at a 3 cell voltage or higher with start a fire from the heat generated. It is suggested that these batteries be charged out of the plane and in a clay pot. Planes homes and cars have seen fire damage from the Li-Po battteries.

5 months later
    #74 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsideuser:

1976 GTO? I think your best friend was Gas station attendant ...
    If it comforts you, your 1976 GTO has a commonality with the model X. Just think of falcon wing doors. Your next thought will presumably be the DeLorean DMC-12, right? John DeLorean has also designed your 1976 GTO. (Old news for you)
    So I turn off the teacher mode …
    Your knee will have peace. New problems come, think about your head. With 2.4 sec from 0-60 your head will probably be the tilt mechanism - Plump Bop ... When I drove a P85D, my slam switch almost triggered…
    The 100 is 1 Second faster
    A.K

Pontiac GTO ended production in 1974. And in that year Pontiac used the Ventura body shell ( Nova-Omega-Apollo were the sister cars)

#77 6 years ago

"Tesla’s Semi is off to a promising start, despite there being no official pricing information available yet: In addition to a Walmart pilot, Canadian grocery giant Loblaw is purchasing 25 of the heavy duty all-electric transport trucks (via Canadian Press), with a $5,000 deposit for each upfront even though pricing is TBD for the vehicle, which is supposed to start shipping in 2019..."

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/16/16667366/tesla-semi-truck-announced-price-release-date-electric-self-driving

"When Musk launched the Model 3 in July, the company was anticipating a production rate of 20,000 cars a month by the end of December. In the last quarter, though, Tesla produced only 260 Model 3s — about three cars a day."

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/18/16671478/tesla-semi-truck-roadster-2017-model-3-production

HOW can TESLA, the Electric car company biuld cars when they can't even make batteries?

Semi_Front_Profile.0 (resized).jpgSemi_Front_Profile.0 (resized).jpg

#79 6 years ago

" They’ll get there." but when

Please tell me how many X and S cars were produced this year. From the BOTTLENECK at the Gigafactory, I read those production lines output have been reduced to fix the Gigafactory. And then a top engineer from the battery plant has left to start his own venture. Preformance Claims of the new roadster and semi tractor have yet to be proven. Nor a price has been set. And those claims seem to increase with each press release.

What is next from Tesla a flying car?

Looks, to me, like Tesla is taking all the PREORDER money and spending it on prototypes. Losses are mounting, not nearly as bad as Skit-B

For My money I will sit back and wait. For a Car with a 400+ mile range and recharge time under 10 minutes. And some form of dealership network to support these cars. The go buy one off the internet or go to a showroom in a shopping mall with 1 car or a stack brochures in the room. Cars do break or get damaged. So where do you go to get them fixed? On the internet?????

I know you have a Telsa S not sure of the exact model. can you tell me how many cycles are on the battery pack and do you still have full capacity?

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

We’re on our third S and second X (damn upgrades). We also have a volt and 10kW of solar. Playing pinball via sunlight

what happened to the first two S ? did you have to send them back, trade in trade up?
    Or was more like replacing a gen 5 corvette with the gen 6, then the gen 7...getting a new car and more HP each time???

4 months later
    #85 6 years ago

Prototype 3 RT has a 6.2L supercharged V8 motor and sidepipes...batteries not included

tesla RT (resized).jpgtesla RT (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bob_e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinsiders-own-a-tesla-as-an-owner-what-is-your-opinion?tu=bob_e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.