(Topic ID: 179776)

Any Pinsiders own a Tesla? As an Owner, what is your opinion?

By BenetBoy78

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tesla RT (resized).jpg
    Semi_Front_Profile.0 (resized).jpg
    3107748190_f74b93eaa1_o (resized).jpg
    3107746920_baf27b1e94_o (resized).jpg
    3107740894_e9a7658ba7_o (resized).jpg
    richard hammonds crash (resized).jpg
    IMG_9298 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9300 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9301 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9303 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9306 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9305 (resized).JPG
    imperial orchid4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8745 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8744 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8790 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benetboy78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

We are looking to buy a Tesla Model X. The test drive was great. FAST as my Honda V65...way cool and much safer!! I am wondering what any of you folks who own a Tesla have to say about their experience. Good? Great? Not so good? Have any of you done a long road trip? Any of you have the P100D battery and drive system upgrade? That system is rated at 0-60 mph in 2.9 secs --- awesome for an Electric Vehicle!!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinsideuser:

Unfortunately, the charging stations are often blocked by burners. A.K

Guten Tag Pinsideuser,

What do you mean by "...blocked by burners"?

Thanks, Mike

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinsideuser:

sorry for my bad English. As supposed - it means combustion engine Cars.

No worries. No reason to apologize given you can speak and write English and I still have trouble with my primary language, English...LOL. My 14 year old son tells me that Americans call blocking the charge stations by gas driven cars as.... getting ICEd. Internal Combustion Engines blocking the chargers. too funny for an old guy who as a kid had a 1967 GTO. Man things are sooooo different now!! Still love my old pick ups but this Tesla will win me over too. NO Stiff Clutch to torque my knee...LOL.

2 weeks later
    #10 7 years ago

Check this YouTube Video of how the Tesla system predicts the accidents of others in the area before the accidents happen!!! WTF? This is sweet engineering technology of the future and NOW. I am liking the Model X more and more. Wish I could do the Ludicrous....0-60 in 2.9 secs...yikes!!!

This is interesting too..

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Can someone educate me on the current to say past 3 years offerings. I'm confused on the models, and what's upgradeable as far as ludicrous or insanity modes. Also a best guestimate on best bang for buck knowing they're all in the 80 to 100k mark.

Check out their website:
    https://www.tesla.com/

Model S
    Model X and
    Model 3
    Energy packs for backup at home/office

NOVA on PBS had a great show two weeks back on batteries. Suggest you You tube it if you have the interest. Very cool where the world is going....

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from michiganpinball:

The Tesla accelerates very fast. But it does not stop or turn as fast as other performance cars because it is much heavier. You never hear of a Tesla turning fast laps on a race track (for more than 1 lap anyway) because driving it hard heats the batteries so much that the system reduces the power output significantly. Someone tried to run a hot lap on the Nurburgring and the car reduced power 3 minutes in.
    So as a fast accelerating electric car that will probably go a million miles it is great. But if you are after pure performance lighter cars will be much faster overall.

That is interesting and it will be cool to see how the future unveils itself as it did with the combustion engine. At near 6000 pounds with a very low center of mass.... its my upgraded go kart on street legal steroids....with accident avoidance capability. Freakin' cool technology once you see it in action in the youtube posts above. I cant wait for a future Tesla Pickup truck for my daughter, so I can get her vital organs out of the impact zone.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

We bought a Tesla P85 for my dad for his 70th birthday in 2014. He loves the car more than life itself. My parents put money down on the new model as well that is due out later this year. Probably next year my dad will step up to a 100PD and I will buy the P85. My parents are pretty well off and my dad could drive basically anything he wants and I don't believe he will drive anything other than the Tesla. As he gets older, he is also very excited about the self driving features. His 85P is the fastest thing I have ever driven. I can only imagine what the newer models are like to drive.

That's cool. Pops sounds as though he is a cool guy!
    We are getting a 100D model X, with 5 seats and all the other options except the Ludicrous, in April. The whole family cant wait. I am thinking I can load at least one SS pin and one EM pin in the back and trailer tow maybe three more

We were talking that the auto pilot and drive system will possibly allow us to drive longer to an older age than if we didn't have auto pilot. No doubt less accidents will occur with the auto drive systems which is great cause getting old sucks. We can retain our road freedom longer!! The flip side is, you really are not driving, just going for a ride most of the trip.

The future is sooo bright for the next gen of bright kids. Until the tesla you tube videos and family interest, my boy and girl shrugged off being an Electrical Engineer. Now they are looking at various Univ that have those programs including UNDakota on-line accredited program. The accident prevention technology truly caught their attention. Cool!!

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

My dad is pretty much a bad ass. He had learning issues when he was young and didn't graduate from school. Picked up locksmiths from his step father and with my mom turned that into a couple of businesses with revenues over 35 million. Sorry to hi jack but I am very proud of my parents because they truly achieved the American Dream. And my dad deserves whatever he wants.
    Back on topic I love the X. My wife not so much. With two little guys she doesn't even think our explorers is big enough. I just love the fact that you don't have to go to the gas station. My dad has the quick charge hook up in his garage. Selfishly I can't wait until he upgrades.

No worries on the parental discussion. We are because of how they were... So cool at 70, Pops is still enjoying the ride...

Electrician comes tomorrow for the Wall Connector 100 amp single phase. Started moving pins today to make room for the conduit run. No room in the garage for cars, so its a little tricky. I will see how the mounting turns out tomorrow. With Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station as a main power source I feel as we are CO2 emissions free driving it. Kinda cool.

1 month later
    #35 7 years ago

I got my Model X 100 D last Friday and it is fantastic!! Before it arrived I had the Electrician install the Tesla wall mounted charger. Lucky for us we had one spare 100 amp breaker and enough available amps in the existing panel to avoid brining in additional amps. The wall unit delivers a charge rate of 72 amps at 240 volts +/- and will charge the 100D in 6.5 hours from fully drained to fully charged, not something typically recommended to do, so I have been instructed. Instructions is to charge to 90% full for daily use and not let it go below 10% charge. Full charge for long trips is recommended. It was $550 for the wall unit charger and another $2000 for the install...FYI. The pic of TigerLaw is just a bonus....

Tesla1Blazedoorclosed (resized).JPGTesla1Blazedoorclosed (resized).JPG

Tesla1Breakerpanel (resized).JPGTesla1Breakerpanel (resized).JPG

Tesla 1 left shot (resized).JPGTesla 1 left shot (resized).JPG

Tesla1insidegargeright w pins outafter (resized).JPGTesla1insidegargeright w pins outafter (resized).JPG

Tesla1Insiderightupclose (resized).JPGTesla1Insiderightupclose (resized).JPG

Tesla1leftshot outside pins out (resized).JPGTesla1leftshot outside pins out (resized).JPG

Tesla1panel (resized).JPGTesla1panel (resized).JPG

Tesla1WallMountUpclose (resized).JPGTesla1WallMountUpclose (resized).JPG

Tesla1rightinside (resized).JPGTesla1rightinside (resized).JPG

Tesla2install1 (resized).JPGTesla2install1 (resized).JPG

Tesla1WallMountwBlaze (resized).JPGTesla1WallMountwBlaze (resized).JPG

Tesla2install2 (resized).JPGTesla2install2 (resized).JPG

Tesla2install3 (resized).JPGTesla2install3 (resized).JPG

Tesla2install4 (resized).JPGTesla2install4 (resized).JPG

Tesla2install5 (resized).JPGTesla2install5 (resized).JPG

Tesla2install6 (resized).JPGTesla2install6 (resized).JPG

Tesla2install7 (resized).JPGTesla2install7 (resized).JPG

Tesla2install8 (resized).JPGTesla2install8 (resized).JPG

Tesla2install9 (resized).JPGTesla2install9 (resized).JPG

TigerLawMeetsSchoolOfRock 1 (resized).jpgTigerLawMeetsSchoolOfRock 1 (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
    #40 7 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

How did you grow up in Detroit and not know how to spell it...twice?

Hey bud,
    It may be because he is trying his best and that should be good enough. It is easy to be quick to criticize, but it takes more energy to be kind, compassionate and understanding that some of us our not as "good" as you/others. Dennis Miller said it best when he refused to slam Nancy Pelosi, because he said it would compromise his Karma. Think about that if you will. Karma. Thanks

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Please just because I cannot spell, don't worry about me, but thanks. I have many new challenges. I left d in 1990. I'm pretty sure I never could spell all that great anyways. If spelling Detroit is my only issue I'm doing pretty good.
    Please continue all this tesla talk.

I wish I was back in my day when I did the Steely Dan, Kid Charlemagne thing on my motorcycle and "Went to LA on a dare, and I did it alone.." just to meet friends and enjoy the days with them before they are taken away. Carpe Diem.
    If I had the energy I would set the Tesla in Autopilot with your address, pick you up and head back to ZAPCON in phoenix with the Volcano blowing hot air the full ride.... Maybe someday buddy....
    All the best today, and everyday!!

#48 7 years ago

This is my 2017 Model X 100D 5-seater black on black, trailer package, etc, I got last Friday with around 50 moving parts and 750 HP; with 500 in the rear and 250 in the front. Its not Ludicrous, but its fast enough. Very quick with the direct drive. Comfortable seating for a guy 6-2. The stereo system with Sirus Grateful Dead station is sweet. The front Window is a lot to shade in Arizona and I find myself moving the shade more than normal. The internal temp of the car is monitored and maintained at a set temp of 80F. I find the fan is going often and sucking battery juice in the process. This is the downfall of toooooo many pins and no room in the garage. Cant wait for Model P, the Pickup in 2018!!

Time for a cool change..........

IMG_8790 (resized).JPGIMG_8790 (resized).JPG

IMG_8744 (resized).JPGIMG_8744 (resized).JPG

IMG_8745 (resized).JPGIMG_8745 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #50 7 years ago
    Quoted from dragdaily12:

Badass Benetboy. Looks like a sweet ride!

Why don't I pick you up in the Tesla and bring you over with your brother and play some pins for awhile? If you bring 10K in cash, you can drive my one owner 2003 H2 home and park it next to your much sweeter H2. Or give it to your brother. Use my H2 as a mountain/desert traveler. You gotta love Arizona and 4 wheeling! Driveway is packed and something has to go....

1 week later
    #55 7 years ago
    Quoted from RestonVA:

The most important question is, does a widebody pinball fit in the Tesla X, or should I get another car as a hauler?

We got the 5 seater. I believe, only the 5 seater configuration allows the space behind the driver and front passenger to have the seats folded all the way down providing the back internal area to be completely flat surface. A 6'-2" person can lay lengthwise for a sleep, or a pinball (will check soon with pics), or a couple dogs are planned for my Model X. I also got the trailer package and hitch able to tow 5000 lbs with my 20" wheels. So you can always tow your pins!! All emission free, self driving (way cool) and greased lightning fast!!

1 week later
    #59 6 years ago

Well the Arizona Sonoran Desert heat will likely be as it has in the past Summers and likely spike at the near 120F. Its been over a 100F already this year, which is not the best for banks of batteries outdoors. Gas Car batteries are good for two years... tops in the Arizona desert environment. It sucks I have to bring the Tesla in Studio G (The Garage) because it requires me to sell and relocate pinball machines from my immediate reach. Its a tight fit next to the pins, and at best a 5 point turn to back it in for an easier out with a garage door on the side of the driveway (WTF were they thinking?). Anyways the best is that no Carbon Monoxide is getting into my space from the car....SWEET!! I love my old pick-up trucks' smell of their gas and exhaust, but not as much as I did when I was young. Now exhaust and gas smells nasty...LOL.
    We are really happy with the Model X, but recognize it is not a vehicle for long unplanned trips with no patience. I will still need a carbon spewing SUV/Suburban for yearly road trips with the dogs (and family sometimes) across America.

IMG_9305 (resized).JPGIMG_9305 (resized).JPG

IMG_9306 (resized).JPGIMG_9306 (resized).JPG

IMG_9303 (resized).JPGIMG_9303 (resized).JPG

IMG_9301 (resized).JPGIMG_9301 (resized).JPG

IMG_9300 (resized).JPGIMG_9300 (resized).JPG

IMG_9298 (resized).JPGIMG_9298 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #65 6 years ago

After three months of driving the Model X I am still very happy with the way it drives. The auto-pilot feature is wonderful on the highway, in particular during rush hour HOV lane. True auto-pilot. Great to be able to watch other drivers and roadside signs and businesses I never saw when "I" was driving. Backing it in the garage (Studio G) is a no exhaust smell event, other than the tire rubber VOC emissions. The Model X does ramp up the fans as some of the days this year have reached 120F. But its great that you can be sitting waiting for your kid to come out of summer school and the car interior stays cool unlike the gas engine vehicles I own. I wish the interior fan and cooling system was better for the back seats. I also wish the front tires were the same size as the back tires. That kinda sucks for long cross country trips if you want to carry a spare as I would in the trailer. I cant keep Model X under the limit as it drives like a go-cart from days past and as a result the battery depletion is faster than I appreciate and prevents the long distance, short time travel types of trips until more superchargers are available. Waiting for extra battery packs I can add on under the back seats and in the Frunk for extended mileage. Cmon Elon, make it happen now, I want to drive to Alaska and back from Phoenix.

#67 6 years ago

My wife has a 2016 Platinum Escalade. The Tesla screen and back up camera are un parallel, unmatched compared to her Caddy. Hands down!! I am taking my summer road trip in the Escalade, but wish I was taking the Model X. The Model X drives so much different than the Escalade. Don't get me wrong the Escalade is awesome, but I prefer the Model X to drive. Agree with you about blowing by folks in the battery operated speedster. Something about that that makes one smile....not to mention no carbon monoxide emissions!!!
    Cant wait for the Model P, pick up truck!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benetboy78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinsiders-own-a-tesla-as-an-owner-what-is-your-opinion?tu=benetboy78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.