2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EvanDickson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tilt NL (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I am heading to the Brier in St. John's Newfoundland, CA at the beginning of March and wondering if there are any Pinsiders in the city, or if there are any locations to play some games. Any suggestions?

#2 2 years ago

How weird is it that I'm answering this question from spitting distance? I didn't even know there were other pinsiders from PEI here.
    * Edit: I've looked at game collection - S.L.

I was in St John's for a few days in the fall, and one evening poked my nose into every pub downtown looking for pinball. 1 machine, a beat to crap WPT at Dooley's. Barely playable and so beat up it was not enjoyable. I'd start there, either they've replaced it with something that has GI, working targets, and more than 1 ball in the machine, or it's crumbled into dust since.

Pinball aside, check out the Yellowbelly Brewery, yummy beers and food. Also the Rocket Cafe, great coffee, treats, and sandwich board. And if you are into museums etc, definitely go to The Rooms, that place is great (but skip their restaurant, high prices and terrible food).

#3 2 years ago

Have you looked on pin map ? It shows two locations in St Jhons . It still shows the wpt , there is also a South Park listed . If you go to pinside rs on map it also shows a couple of guys . Hope that helps !

#4 2 years ago

Don't bother going to Tilt Cove NL, pins do not play there very well.

Tilt NL (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

Thanks Evan. As one of the other posters noted, there are a couple on the Pinside map. The one with the most listed machines seems to be a business though.

Quoted from EvanDickson:

How weird is it that I'm answering this question from spitting distance? I didn't even know there were other pinsiders from PEI here.
    * Edit: I've looked at game collection - S.L.
    I was in St John's for a few days in the fall, and one evening poked my nose into every pub downtown looking for pinball. 1 machine, a beat to crap WPT at Dooley's. Barely playable and so beat up it was not enjoyable. I'd start there, either they've replaced it with something that has GI, working targets, and more than 1 ball in the machine, or it's crumbled into dust since.
    Pinball aside, check out the Yellowbelly Brewery, yummy beers and food. Also the Rocket Cafe, great coffee, treats, and sandwich board. And if you are into museums etc, definitely go to The Rooms, that place is great (but skip their restaurant, high prices and terrible food).

#6 2 years ago

lol, reminds me of playing pinball machines on the ferry from NB to PEI, never made a lot of sense to me with the wave action...but I did pump my quarters in anyway.

Quoted from Darcy:

Don't bother going to Tilt Cove NL, pins do not play there very well.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

lol, reminds me of playing pinball machines on the ferry from NB to PEI, never made a lot of sense to me with the wave action...but I did pump my quarters in anyway.

Funnily enough, there are a couple pins on the ferry to Les Isles De La Madeleine. The boat has stabilizers and the pins play fine (I guess as long as the weather doesn't get rough). No pins on the NFLD ferries though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 109.99
    $ 10.00
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    £ 20.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside