(Topic ID: 125530)

Any pinsiders going to Microsoft Build next week? PPM trip?

By ChrisBardon

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Anyone else going to be at the Microsoft Build conference in SF next week (Apr 29-May 1)? I was thinking of heading out to the Pacific Pinball Museum either Tuesday after I get in, or Friday after the conference wraps. Looks like it's a little out of the way from the conference area (near the Moscone Center), but it also sounds like a place that's worth checking out.

#2 8 years ago

I went to Build last year. Great Time. PPM is great, you'll love it! If you get a slow afternoon you can head over to Free Gold Watch. All the games are set to take quarters but they have a nice collection.

Have a great time!

#3 8 years ago

Re PPM: Maintenance is done on Mondays. I'm not sure how quickly things get thrashed through the week.. but I can say that the Monday fix it list can sometimes be exciting, at least for the DMD room.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I went to Build last year. Great Time. PPM is great, you'll love it! If you get a slow afternoon you can head over to Free Gold Watch. All the games are set to take quarters but they have a nice collection.

Thanks for the tip-I'd heard of that place, but forgot about it. I'll have to try to check it out. We get pretty spoiled in the Toronto League with access to lots of different games, but there are definitely some unique things at both locations.

I've actually been to the last 7 PDC/Build events-always lots of useful information, and a good chance to get insight on the MS roadmap. There were some pins in the expo hall in Anaheim in 2011, but other than a nice POTC, none were really playable (super busted TZ and CV, and an OK LW3). Last year there was a thing at the Metreon that had some pretty rough pins as well. I have a little spare time this trip (flight in is early, and then heading to Chicago to go to ignite the week afterwards), so should be a chance to get some pinball in.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinsiders-going-to-microsoft-build-next-week-ppm-trip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.