You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16186217292888011110208361613108 (resized).jpg
9071C30A-BCA7-485F-AFBA-5C0665E7A7E0 (resized).jpeg
0D26D644-BCA8-4241-A585-95FD3ADA234A (resized).jpeg
1176FEA1-6FF2-42B4-8D4A-E9050E28B5F1 (resized).jpeg
60C68166-AA9F-4435-BB77-7A406E6547EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rodent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Pinball and home brew fit together like a glove IMO. Curious if there’s any other homebrewers here

I started as an extract brewer like most, and moved to all-grain after 18 months when I had a good feel for sanitation, temp control, and kegging.

I buy my grain in bulk sacks, crush grain at home just prior to kicking off a brew day, utilize a home hacked HERMS system for mashing, and recirculate from the mash tun into the HERMS coil and back to the tun the entire mashing process. This allows me to accurately control and step up mashing temps

I use a temp controller on a chest freezer plus a heat wrap to control fermentation temps, use CO2 to pressure transfer via purged tubing lines from fermenter to keg, passing thru an in-line filter to remove trub, and into a CO2 purged Korny keg

My faves are IPAs, 2xIPAs, Imperial Stouts, and have a growing taste for Lagers and many barrel-aged versions of IPAs, Ales, and Stouts

So who here’s homebrewing and whatcha got going on?

ATB - R

#9 3 years ago

mead is on my 'someday I'll try making it' list. looks like that'll be yummy

ATB - R

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rodent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinsiders-also-homebrewers?tu=Rodent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.