Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16186217292888011110208361613108 (resized).jpg
9071C30A-BCA7-485F-AFBA-5C0665E7A7E0 (resized).jpeg
0D26D644-BCA8-4241-A585-95FD3ADA234A (resized).jpeg
1176FEA1-6FF2-42B4-8D4A-E9050E28B5F1 (resized).jpeg
60C68166-AA9F-4435-BB77-7A406E6547EC (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

Pinball and home brew fit together like a glove IMO. Curious if there’s any other homebrewers here

I started as an extract brewer like most, and moved to all-grain after 18 months when I had a good feel for sanitation, temp control, and kegging.

I buy my grain in bulk sacks, crush grain at home just prior to kicking off a brew day, utilize a home hacked HERMS system for mashing, and recirculate from the mash tun into the HERMS coil and back to the tun the entire mashing process. This allows me to accurately control and step up mashing temps

I use a temp controller on a chest freezer plus a heat wrap to control fermentation temps, use CO2 to pressure transfer via purged tubing lines from fermenter to keg, passing thru an in-line filter to remove trub, and into a CO2 purged Korny keg

My faves are IPAs, 2xIPAs, Imperial Stouts, and have a growing taste for Lagers and many barrel-aged versions of IPAs, Ales, and Stouts

So who here’s homebrewing and whatcha got going on?

ATB - R

#2 8 months ago

I dabbled in brewing but I didn’t end up sticking with it. I am a big fan of German style beers (Altbier, Pils, Helles, etc) .

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Pinball and home brew fit together like a glove IMO. Curious if there’s any other homebrewers here
I started as an extract brewer like most, and moved to all-grain after 18 months when I had a good feel for sanitation, temp control, and kegging.
I buy my grain in bulk sacks, crush grain at home just prior to kicking off a brew day, utilize a home hacked HERMS system for mashing, and recirculate from the mash tun into the HERMS coil and back to the tun the entire mashing process. This allows me to accurately control and step up mashing temps
I use a temp controller on a chest freezer plus a heat wrap to control fermentation temps, use CO2 to pressure transfer via purged tubing lines from fermenter to keg, passing thru an in-line filter to remove trub, and into a CO2 purged Korny keg
My faves are IPAs, 2xIPAs, Imperial Stouts, and have a growing taste for Lagers and many barrel-aged versions of IPAs, Ales, and Stouts
So who here’s homebrewing and whatcha got going on?
ATB - R

This is something I would love to learn and so would my wife. She almost pulled the trigger to try it a few years ago. Honestly, I would love to built a still and well, you know.....

#4 8 months ago

I brewed for a number of years but quit a few years ago. I need to get back into it. I brewed IPA's mostly and won 2nd place at Micro fest here in st louis one year. I think it was either 2015 or 2016 but that was probably the last time i brewed. I need to get back into it.

#5 8 months ago

I love to brew and started a club that never took off, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homebrewers-hang-out-

There's pictures of my first all grain rig there.

#6 8 months ago

My husband has a bunch of mead brewing right now. This big batch is regular mead, but now he’s trying different flavors in small batches. Ginger is in second fermentation and he’s about to start Juniper Cranberry.

1176FEA1-6FF2-42B4-8D4A-E9050E28B5F1 (resized).jpeg60C68166-AA9F-4435-BB77-7A406E6547EC (resized).jpeg

#7 8 months ago

Brewing for 25 years now. I brew like every two weeks mostly ipa neipa and sour beers. Few years ago i started putting wild fermented beers on oak barrels in my basement. Great hobby and when you really get good at it you can brew beers that can match up with the top beers.

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

My husband has a bunch of mead brewing right now. This big batch is regular mead, but now he’s trying different flavors in small batches. Ginger is in second fermentation and he’s about to start Juniper Cranberry.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Slight correction, he’s making Juniper Orange mead.
0D26D644-BCA8-4241-A585-95FD3ADA234A (resized).jpeg
9071C30A-BCA7-485F-AFBA-5C0665E7A7E0 (resized).jpeg

#9 8 months ago

mead is on my 'someday I'll try making it' list. looks like that'll be yummy

ATB - R

1 week later
#10 7 months ago

I started homebrewing about four years ago with a Mr. Beer kit that my wife bought me for Christmas. The kit had two beers in it, both tasted awful. But Mr. Beer got me interested in homebrewing, I knew there had to be a way to make better tasting beer at home. So I went to a homebrew store while traveling for work. The storeowner gave me basic instructions on how to make a pretty simple partial mash IPA. Turned out better than a lot of commercial IPAs that I've had. After that I was hooked. I jumped straight into all grain and brewed pretty regularly (batch/month) for a few years. I made many different types of beer, some ok beers, some amazing beers. I also did hard cider and one batch of mead. Hard cider was a favorite of my family and friends; its embarrassingly simple to make and turned out awesome every time. The mead I made turned out ok but just wasn't my "cup of tea" I guess. The most requested brew from my friends was orange coriander pale ale. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/cascades-orange-pale-ale.84558/. Sadly, life has gotten in the way and It's been almost a year since I brewed my last batch so I'm looking forward to getting back into it soon. I just ordered the grains to make a patersbier. Should be a good brew to get back into homebrewing with.

#11 7 months ago

Amber lager/BoPils brewed right here. Low octane and perfect for knocking a few back without wrecking your game.

16186217292888011110208361613108 (resized).jpg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside