Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Switch
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B1F78D28-4916-4CF7-931F-278C7CD8AF0E (resized).jpeg
    1632518032737534975895 (resized).jpg
    20210717_062345 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I’m looking at the possibility of relocating to Casper Wyoming.
    I’m planning a visit in March or April.
    Nothing on pinball map in Casper.

Anyone from there?
    Any location pins?

2 weeks later
    #2 3 years ago

Hey! From Huntington Beach, Ca and relocated to Casper! We have a huge private collection here right now that isn't public but hit us up when you're in town and come on by!

#3 3 years ago

you almost got ghosted

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffreeStar:

Hey! From Huntington Beach, Ca and relocated to Casper! We have a huge private collection here right now that isn't public but hit us up when you're in town and come on by!

Super generous!

Im curious...are there any barcades in that area as well?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Super generous!

LOL

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffreeStar:

Wow that is a impressive collection and large. Who needs a barcade!

#7 3 years ago

It looks like there are some places to play within driving distance (albeit, likely further than you may want to drive regularly).

On the other hand, maybe that would be a reason to house a massive 72 pin collection as well.

#8 3 years ago

my pervious message got deleted on accident, but the offer is there! haha let us know when you're in town.

Quoted from mrgone:

I’m looking at the possibility of relocating to Casper Wyoming.
    I’m planning a visit in March or April.
    Nothing on pinball map in Casper.
    Anyone from there?
    Any location pins?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Super generous!

I wish there was! There's one club that has ONE machine.. The rest is driving to other towns so hopefully I'll be fixing that soon

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Wow that is a impressive collection and large. Who needs a barcade!

You're not that far in Colorado! Come up and play sometime, we have a lot more machines coming!

#11 3 years ago

I live in Lander (about 2hrs west of Casper) and you’re welcome to come out to get some flips in at my house too. Just shoot a message if you’re heading to town.

I’d regularly head down to CO to play for a weekend... lots of great arcades in the ft Collins/Lyons area. The lack of stuff nearby in west-central WY on location kind of helped lead me to beef up my collection a bit

#12 3 years ago

Hello, I’m in Casper and have a few pins. I do a little work on them for people from time to time. The Gas light bar has a few pins, but they are newer. As far as large collections I know of none in Casper. People do have pins in Casper, but the only time I see them is when I’m working on them. I do know of one larger EM collection in town. He is pretty private about it. Anyway let me know if I can help!

2 months later
    #13 2 years ago

I know this is a bit of a thread necro, but I'll be heading from Sioux Falls to Casper in the very near future.

I can haul my Congo out that way if anybody is interested. But it would have to be guaranteed sale, as I'm heading out there to pick up a machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-42

1 month later
    #14 2 years ago
    Quoted from JeffreeStar:

Thank you. I just moved here to Casper 2 weeks ago.
    Still trying to get settled. My pins are still soldered up in the garage except Deadpool. It has been ordered but not shipped yet.
    Any way, would love to get together soon and get a Casper pinball league or club going.
    Or just hang out and talk pinball.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from fireonfireoff:

Hello, I’m in Casper and have a few pins. I do a little work on them for people from time to time. The Gas light bar has a few pins, but they are newer. As far as large collections I know of none in Casper. People do have pins in Casper, but the only time I see them is when I’m working on them. I do know of one larger EM collection in town. He is pretty private about it. Anyway let me know if I can help!

Still trying to get the house in order.
    Thinking about checking out the gas light bar later this week.
    Once I get settled and get the games set up I will put out a broadcast to any local Pinhead that wants to get together.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Thank you. I just moved here to Casper 2 weeks ago.
    Still trying to get settled. My pins are still soldered up in the garage except Deadpool. It has been ordered but not shipped yet.
    Any way, would love to get together soon and get a Casper pinball league or club going.
    Or just hang out and talk pinball.

Welcome to the area to both you and Jeffree! Well Casper has been a pinball wasteland for years. There are only a couple of us dedicated pinheads in town, but I am beyond ecstatic to see some new collectors move into the area. I don't have a massive collection, but I would love to get together and play/talk some pins. I have been wanting to get a casual pinball league together for years but with only a couple of us it has been really hard. Hopefully with some new people moving in we can get something going. DM me and I will get you guys my number!

1 week later
    #17 2 years ago

Made an addition to the game room last night! We definately need to get some league nights going with the local group.

20210717_062345 (resized).jpg20210717_062345 (resized).jpg
    #18 2 years ago

Me and the wife are searching for some pinball, where’s this huge private collection??

3 weeks later
    #19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

Made an addition to the game room last night! We definately need to get some league nights going with the local group.
    [quoted image]

Congratulations. Nice addition.

1 month later
    #20 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Congratulations. Nice addition.

Thanks, been to busy to play it much but really enjoying it. Put a deposit on a Godzilla premium on Monday! Can't wait for that one to show up!

#22 2 years ago

I would love to, just can't get anyone to get behind it. Out of the long time people living here I know of about 4 guys with pins including myself. I have mentioned to a couple of them about trying to get a rotating league going, but nothing has ever materialized. Public league play is out of the question. I approached our local operator years ago about offering to put a on a tournament and would even clean and go through there games for free. Nope, there is no money in it for them so they didn't even want to bother putting a couple of games in the same location (they only have about 4 and they are all trashed). I was hoping with some new blood moving into the area it might give things some energy, but I have only met one of the new guys and even they seem to busy to even reply to a text so I don't know. It sounds sad, but Wyoming really is the pinball wasteland. With winter coming I might try to see if we could get a house league going.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

I would love to, just can't get anyone to get behind it. Out of the long time people living here I know of about 4 guys with pins including myself. I have mentioned to a couple of them about trying to get a rotating league going, but nothing has ever materialized. Public league play is out of the question. I approached our local operator years ago about offering to put a on a tournament and would even clean and go through there games for free. Nope, there is no money in it for them so they didn't even want to bother putting a couple of games in the same location (they only have about 4 and they are all trashed). I was hoping with some new blood moving into the area it might give things some energy, but I have only met one of the new guys and even they seem to busy to even reply to a text so I don't know. It sounds sad, but Wyoming really is the pinball wasteland. With winter coming I might try to see if we could get a house league going.

I will come up there and bring drinks...but there better be pins to play!!!!

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I will come up there and bring drinks...but there better be pins to play!!!!

Come on over!!!!! I'll have them tuned up and ready!

#25 2 years ago

On a serious note, anyone going to the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown??? Wife and I will be there Friday morning through Sunday.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

On a serious note, anyone going to the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown??? Wife and I will be there Friday morning through Sunday.

I’m planning on going. It will be Saturday.

#27 2 years ago

Out in vegas checking out the pinball hall of fame today. Pretty cool place!!

1632518032737534975895 (resized).jpg1632518032737534975895 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #28 2 years ago

Finally have the line up in the basement.

B1F78D28-4916-4CF7-931F-278C7CD8AF0E (resized).jpegB1F78D28-4916-4CF7-931F-278C7CD8AF0E (resized).jpeg
    #29 2 years ago

Spamming the thread a little bit - I have a restored Terminator 2 I'm selling if you guys know of anyone in the area that is looking for one. I grew up in Buffalo and my wife is from Casper, so we get back there often and I can even deliver it if it pushes a sale along.

New VirtuaPin cabinet with new decals and silkscreened warning labels, new rails, lockdown bar and legs, ColorDMD, FlipperFidelity speakers, restored and cleared playfield, new plastics, rebuilt mechs (with added connectors), inner cab artwork, new lit H/K ship, new painted T2 skull, LEDs throughout, powdercoated shooter and coin door...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m64tbRXT9fRSqbg39

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

I live in Lander (about 2hrs west of Casper) and you’re welcome to come out to get some flips in at my house too. Just shoot a message if you’re heading to town.
    I’d regularly head down to CO to play for a weekend... lots of great arcades in the ft Collins/Lyons area. The lack of stuff nearby in west-central WY on location kind of helped lead me to beef up my collection a bit

Too bad I just found this post. I spent a few days in Lander the end of July. Awesome little town and my wife and I had a great time hiking and exploring Sinks state park. I couldn't find any pinball in the area

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Finally have the line up in the basement.[quoted image]

FG is one of my favorite classic Bally's. Heck, it's one of my favorite overall pins ever made.

3 months later
    #33 2 years ago

You ever seen that movie kids?

4 months later
    #34 1 year ago

Recently moved to Casper as well. The pins I've come across are a JP Stern at the Bowling Ally off CY and a Stranger Things at Gaslight Social.

JeffreeStar I had no idea you were such a huge pinball fan! I used to follow you back in the Myspace days lol. It's awesome that such an amazing private collection exists in our small town.

#35 1 year ago

Hello,Mrgone,hope your having fun out there!! CAX in 2 weeks, will we C U there??Have fun,B safe!!!

1 month later
    #36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wiggles:

Recently moved to Casper as well. The pins I've come across are a JP Stern at the Bowling Ally off CY and a Stranger Things at Gaslight Social.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Stranger Things at Gaslight Social (cool bar!). There was no sound on it at all, though. Could've used a nice cleaning, too.

#37 1 year ago

Hey Wyoming pinheads.
    I’m planning a get together at the end of September.
    A meet and greet for all the Casper and other Wyoming pinheads.
    Please hit me up here and we can get something going soon.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wiggles:

JeffreeStar I had no idea you were such a huge pinball fan! I used to follow you back in the Myspace days lol. It's awesome that such an amazing private collection exists in our small town.

There is Also a black knight sor, at Quality inn,
    An Avengers infinity Quest pro in bar Nunn at the hanger.

There was a Beatles at the eagles lodge some time ago.
    Don’t know if it’s still there.

5 months later
    #39 1 year ago

Hey Casper ballers! I will be driving through from Powell to Cheyenne in a couple weeks with a trailer to go pick up some new games, anybody looking to do any trades along the way? I have a gorgeous Wheel of Fortune, a Johnny Mnemonic, and some others for the right trade. Hit me up!

2 months later
    #40 11 months ago

I’m still working on putting together a local league/club
    Hit me up and stay tuned.

1 month later
    #41 10 months ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

There is Also a black knight sor, at Quality inn,

I finally swung by there today and didn't see it anywhere. It's possible it was in some room that I just didn't see, but was bummed out it wasn't there anymore. It's my favorite Stern pin.

Any updates regarding public places to play pins in town?

#42 10 months ago

To even out some bad news from my last post. The bowling alley on CY has TWO pins now!

They still have the Jurassic Park Pro machine they've had since I was last there, but also Aerosmith now. I'm not a big Aerosmith pin fan, but I'm never going to call a new pin to play in town a bad thing. Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone looking for pins to play in town

#43 10 months ago

My favorite pins to play while visiting Casper are Magic and Trident.

2 months later
    #44 7 months ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

My favorite pins to play while visiting Casper are Magic and Trident.

Man I wonder where those 2 are hiding lol!

Need to get a local get together going for sure. I've changed jobs so Im Gone a bunch now and still need to fix an issue on fire!, and I haven't even started on An F14 I picked up. We did add cactus canyon to the line up though. it would be fun to get some peeps together if I can just make some time. We will be at the pinball showdown this year as well so if anyone want to meet up there we will be around.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinball-in-casper-wyoming?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.